Forums > Critique > Will choose favorite of photos and best feature.

Model

Emily Carrol

Posts: 84

Newport News, Virginia, US

I will pick my favorite from your portfolio and explain why that is. I will also tell you what feature I believe you should play up to bring out your true potential.

I would appreciate any comments on my own work as well.
Best to you all smile

Jul 15 13 08:46 am Link

Model

Axioma

Posts: 6793

Gent, East Flanders, Belgium

You've been here two years but your book still looks it its very early stages. You look young for your age and in this world that's an awesome trait. I think you look cute and have a good smile, you just need to shoot more and more quality pictures. Shooting commercial images is pretty hard and needs the right photographer and mix of elements. Try and find a good commercial shooter and see if (s)he's interested, would be my advice, and maybe see if an agency in your neighbourhood has any interest.

Jul 15 13 09:05 am Link

Model

Emily Carrol

Posts: 84

Newport News, Virginia, US

Axioma wrote:
You've been here two years but your book still looks it its very early stages. You look young for your age and in this world that's an awesome trait. I think you look cute and have a good smile, you just need to shoot more and more quality pictures. Shooting commercial images is pretty hard and needs the right photographer and mix of elements. Try and find a good commercial shooter and see if (s)he's interested, would be my advice, and maybe see if an agency in your neighbourhood has any interest.

Thank you for the advice! I have been a member for two years, however I have not been active that entire time. I have been focused on pursuing my college education for the past year and am just getting back into modeling at this time.

I left a comment on my favorite photo of you. You have an amazing sultry feel to your look. You can feel the energy through your eyes. You can speak through the photo with them. Continue to use that to your advantage!

Jul 15 13 09:12 am Link

Model

winking_wonder

Posts: 5637

New York, New York, US

Love to know!

Jul 15 13 09:56 am Link

Model

_BlossomFairy_

Posts: 155

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130715/08/51e4102e5eae6_m.jpg

This is my favorite and your eyes extremely beautiful.

What is you opinion?

Jul 15 13 10:20 am Link

Model

Emily Carrol

Posts: 84

Newport News, Virginia, US

winking_wonder wrote:
Love to know!

I left my comment on my favorite! You have beautiful curves and the best is your soft smile! Play with your lip color and draw attention to it even more smile

Jul 15 13 11:25 am Link

Photographer

I Ference Photography

Posts: 1152

Rochester, New York, US

Sure!

Jul 15 13 11:27 am Link

Model

Emily Carrol

Posts: 84

Newport News, Virginia, US

_BlossomFairy_ wrote:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130715/08/51e4102e5eae6_m.jpg

This is my favorite and your eyes extremely beautiful.

What is you opinion?

Thank you for your kind words! Your Avi is very captivating. The black and white really draws out your features. My favorite would have to be your eyes as well.Play with expressing yourself through them even more. Photographers love when models can smile through their eyes smile

Jul 15 13 11:30 am Link

Model

Ruth Gray

Posts: 53

Portland, Maine, US

Moi?

Jul 16 13 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron Lewis Photography

Posts: 5083

Catskill, New York, US

Sure, tell me.

I like this because of the connection to the viewer.
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130715/08/51e4152fc558b_m.jpg

I don't like this at all. It's poorly composed and poorly shot. As a matter of fact, there's nothing right about it
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110809/17/4e41d039c374c_m.jpg

Overall I have to say you're port is pretty week with the exception of a couple images

Jul 16 13 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

DRaskin Photography

Posts: 164

Sacramento, California, US

I'm interested in your opinion.

Looking through your port, there are a couple shots that I like, and they have been highlighted by other posts above mine. The one thing that I noticed is that you have a lot of shots from the same shoot, or shots that are similar to each other. So the best thing that I can advise is show your diversity. Different styles and looks, and working with different photographers. I look forward to seeing new work from you.

Jul 16 13 05:03 pm Link

Model

Raven Blake

Posts: 58

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Would love to know smile

Jul 16 13 05:23 pm Link

Photographer

Mirror With A Memory

Posts: 287

New York, New York, US

Count me in.

Jul 16 13 05:32 pm Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Posts: 1187

Detroit, Michigan, US

I would so appreciate that. I have been modelling since before most of you were born......and not intending to stop any time soon either.


http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130715/08/51e4155214230_m.jpg

I just love this picture of yours, that smile is simply beautiful!

Jul 16 13 05:37 pm Link

Model

Jahanara

Posts: 124

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Have at it!

Jul 16 13 05:48 pm Link

Model

sasweets

Posts: 404

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Me please, thanks. big_smile

Jul 16 13 05:51 pm Link

Model

Emily Carrol

Posts: 84

Newport News, Virginia, US

I Ference Photography wrote:
Sure!

You are able to crate a very clear message that speaks to the audience through your photographs. That is the goal most photographers strive for. I love your ability to capture the models emotions so well. Continue to play with a combination of natural vs modern elements. It really gives you a distinct look! Comment is on favorite

Jul 16 13 06:22 pm Link

Model

Emily Carrol

Posts: 84

Newport News, Virginia, US

Ruth Gray wrote:
Moi?

Your background as a dancer gives you a great advantage! I love the flexibility in your poses and the way your body contours. Use your ability to move to give photographers great angles and a look that many models cannot achieve simply because their body will not move the way yours does. Comment is on favorite

Jul 16 13 06:32 pm Link

Model

Emily Carrol

Posts: 84

Newport News, Virginia, US

Aaron Lewis Photography wrote:
Sure, tell me.

I like this because of the connection to the viewer.
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130715/08/51e4152fc558b_m.jpg

I don't like this at all. It's poorly composed and poorly shot. As a matter of fact, there's nothing right about it
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110809/17/4e41d039c374c_m.jpg

Overall I have to say you're port is pretty week with the exception of a couple images

Thanks for the comments. I plan on removing that photo you mentioned soon! Your black and white photo I commented on is by far my favorite. You do a great job capturing vibrant color as well. I would like to see more from you though. Expand and use some other props with your llamas maybe. play with it and have fun!

Jul 16 13 06:38 pm Link

Model

Emily Carrol

Posts: 84

Newport News, Virginia, US

DRaskin Photography wrote:
I'm interested in your opinion.

Looking through your port, there are a couple shots that I like, and they have been highlighted by other posts above mine. The one thing that I noticed is that you have a lot of shots from the same shoot, or shots that are similar to each other. So the best thing that I can advise is show your diversity. Different styles and looks, and working with different photographers. I look forward to seeing new work from you.

Thank you so much for the advice. I really do appreciate it. I hope to expand my port soon.
As for yourself, your pin-up vibe is very sexy! I also love your use of sunlight in your photos. I like the diversity of the models you use as well. I really enjoy your combination of the model and natures beauty best described by the photo I commented on. I would try to do that more often. It may help set you apart from other photographers who also have a more pin-up vibe.

Jul 16 13 06:46 pm Link

Model

Sarah Ruest

Posts: 34

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Me please! smile

Jul 16 13 06:46 pm Link

Model

Emily Carrol

Posts: 84

Newport News, Virginia, US

Raven Blake wrote:
Would love to know smile

You have absolutely beautiful curves! and you know how to use them smile I would suggest expanding your port with some more outdoor shots as well as a couple more headshots because you also have a very naturally beautiul face that should be captured and displayed multiple ways.

Jul 16 13 06:51 pm Link

Model

Emily Carrol

Posts: 84

Newport News, Virginia, US

Mirror With A Memory wrote:
Count me in.

You have a fairly diverse port in terms of poses and angles which is great! The angles that you capture from are your best quality. I would to see you play around more with color however. The black and whites you take are very nice, don't get me wrong. I think it would just give you a greater appeal to add a little more color to your port as well.

Jul 16 13 06:56 pm Link

Model

Emily Carrol

Posts: 84

Newport News, Virginia, US

MatureModelMM wrote:
I would so appreciate that. I have been modelling since before most of you were born......and not intending to stop any time soon either.


http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130715/08/51e4155214230_m.jpg

I just love this picture of yours, that smile is simply beautiful!

Thank you for the compliment! smile

You are a beautiful older model who has aged with grace. Your photos tell a story. You can see the confidence you have through your poses and the way you use your eyes. I hope you will always model as long as you still love it. Your natural looks and beauty can help inspire others to do the same.

Jul 16 13 07:02 pm Link

Model

Emily Carrol

Posts: 84

Newport News, Virginia, US

Jahanara wrote:
Have at it!

Your fitness modeling is my favorite. I have a deep admiration for fitness models and their sense of self awareness and health. Your yoga poses are beautifully held. I love your dance and headshot album as well. Your ability to be diverse will take you far!

Jul 16 13 07:06 pm Link

Model

Emily Carrol

Posts: 84

Newport News, Virginia, US

sasweets wrote:
Me please, thanks. big_smile

Your photos are all so unique! i love them! I also love the color you use in your make-up. It gives you an edge. Your diversity is your best feature and your small frame is also quite attractive.

Jul 16 13 07:11 pm Link

Model

Emily Carrol

Posts: 84

Newport News, Virginia, US

Sarah Ruest wrote:
Me please! smile

You have such a soft pretty face! the camera really loves your features smile I would continue to expand your port more. You have three shots from the same shoot, and i would suggest removing your least favorite of those so your port will not seem repetitive. Very nice start though!

Jul 16 13 07:17 pm Link

Model

Jahanara

Posts: 124

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Emily Carrol wrote:

Your fitness modeling is my favorite. I have a deep admiration for fitness models and their sense of self awareness and health. Your yoga poses are beautifully held. I love your dance and headshot album as well. Your ability to be diverse will take you far!

Thank you so much! You have lovely features and your smile is absolutely gorgeous. I feel as though you should work with more photographers to showcase your beauty and whatever talents you may have. You're on the right track! I believe you will go far.

Namaste!

Jul 16 13 07:21 pm Link

Model

sasweets

Posts: 404

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Emily Carrol wrote:

Your photos are all so unique! i love them! I also love the color you use in your make-up. It gives you an edge. Your diversity is your best feature and your small frame is also quite attractive.

Thank you so much. big_smile

Jul 16 13 07:32 pm Link

Model

Beth Chambers

Posts: 465

London, England, United Kingdom

Me please smile

Jul 17 13 11:27 am Link

Model

C A T H Y

Posts: 5464

Anaheim, California, US

Go for it smile

Jul 17 13 01:33 pm Link

Model

Emily Carrol

Posts: 84

Newport News, Virginia, US

Beth Chambers wrote:
Me please smile

I love you with the red hair best! It brings out your pretty blue eyes. The blonde is nice too, but I really think the red is what suits you. You have quite a few sexy shots shots in your port, but my favorite of you is your softer side. Maybe add a few more of those. It's really up to you and what look you want to showcase though.

Jul 17 13 03:05 pm Link

Model

Emily Carrol

Posts: 84

Newport News, Virginia, US

C A T H Y     wrote:
Go for it smile

I don't normally like collages, but the ones in your port work well because of the story they tell! I would like to see you with a little softer makeup in some of the brighter shots. I think the contrast between the dark makeup and soft light may be a bit much. You have very pretty features and I think this may help highlight them in a better way smile

Jul 17 13 03:09 pm Link

Model

CheyGal

Posts: 26

Elk Grove, California, US

I'd love the opinion and critique of anyone willing :-) Every little bit helps

Thanks!

~Chey

Jul 17 13 03:11 pm Link

Model

Emily Carrol

Posts: 84

Newport News, Virginia, US

CheyGal wrote:
I'd love the opinion and critique of anyone willing :-) Every little bit helps

Thanks!

~Chey

You have a fairly diverse port which is great! You have a very pretty face and toned body which makes you versatile. I think there are however some pretty similar shots from the same shoot  in your port. I would take down your least favorite of those. I think it would help strengthen you smile

Jul 17 13 03:46 pm Link

Model

Layla_B

Posts: 214

Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands

For you, I like the photo you use as your avi the best.
It has a little 'dreamy' feel, and makes you think of spring instantly.
smile

Jul 17 13 05:07 pm Link

Photographer

WildEye Studio

Posts: 654

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Go ahead I'd like to know

For you I like the b&w with you sitting on the track, although the concept has run its course. My advice to you is to start working with some creative photographers and also get more creative yourself. Many of your photos are very similar poses and remind me of high school photos.
You need to change it up and get a wider variety of looks.
Be open minded about different looks. That doesn't mean you should do nudes. Just step out of the box.

Jul 17 13 05:17 pm Link

Model

Emma Anne

Posts: 109

Austin, Texas, US

Hello Emily!

I'd like to see what you think of my profile and portfolio here on MM. Also, wouldn't mind hearing from anyone else who wants to offer their input!

Thanks!

Jul 17 13 06:50 pm Link

Model

Emily Carrol

Posts: 84

Newport News, Virginia, US

Layla_B wrote:
For you, I like the photo you use as your avi the best.
It has a little 'dreamy' feel, and makes you think of spring instantly.
smile

Thank you very much! I appreciate that smile

I love the romantic look of the photo I commented on for you. You have a warm smile and eyes that I can tell give you a great deal of expression. Add some more color photos to your port to help give you a stronger one smile

Jul 17 13 07:58 pm Link

Model

Emily Carrol

Posts: 84

Newport News, Virginia, US

WildEye Studio wrote:
Go ahead I'd like to know

For you I like the b&w with you sitting on the track, although the concept has run its course. My advice to you is to start working with some creative photographers and also get more creative yourself. Many of your photos are very similar poses and remind me of high school photos.
You need to change it up and get a wider variety of looks.
Be open minded about different looks. That doesn't mean you should do nudes. Just step out of the box.

Thanks for your comments! I definitely want to pursue more creative shoots as you said and step outside of my comfort zone.

As for you... Wow! Very amazing port. You have a very creative mind that is obvious through the light, location, and concepts in your photos. Your mind is definitely your eat feature. Continue to unlock those ideas and try even more angles with your models. Great work.

Jul 17 13 08:05 pm Link