Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > False eyelashes - UK

Makeup Artist

Charlotte Easton

Castletown, Castletown, United Kingdom

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if any makeup artists would be so kind as to let me know their recommendations for false eyelashes?

I want to use the best of the best for my clients but am also conscious of cost/economies of scale as these seem to be one of my frequent purchases/expenses!

Earlier on in my career I ordered a set from Ebay (about 12 in a pack) but I didn't like the quality at all.

The best value and quality I have found so far is Eye Candy as I like the way these are tacky before you even put the glue on (I use Duo). They are also nice and natural for bridal work.

I have tried Elyure, Ardell, Amazing Shine, Eldora and have some Red Cherry ones to try.

Somehow I feel like I am missing out on some MUA holy grail brand and/or supplier....Am I?

I would love you know your suggestions.

Best wishes

Charlotte x smile

Aug 13 13 10:32 am Link

Makeup Artist

make-upbynatalie

Southampton, England, United Kingdom

Hi Charlotte

tbh I have found that since party lashes and other semi perm lashes have become popular (and cheaper)I no longer get requests for false strip lashes anymore so I no longer carry them in my kit :-(

The odd clients I have that have want them tend to buy their own and I just apply them, however most of my client see them as old fashioned :-(

Aug 19 13 03:03 am Link

Makeup Artist

Aria G

Santa Clara, California, US

Have you tried a company called Model 21 Eyelashes?  I used their lashes for most of my shoots.  You can see user reviews & actual Youtube reviews on their site.  A box start from $8.15 for 10 pairs.  The site is www.model21eyelashes.com

Charlotte Easton wrote:
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if any makeup artists would be so kind as to let me know their recommendations for false eyelashes?

I want to use the best of the best for my clients but am also conscious of cost/economies of scale as these seem to be one of my frequent purchases/expenses!

Earlier on in my career I ordered a set from Ebay (about 12 in a pack) but I didn't like the quality at all.

The best value and quality I have found so far is Eye Candy as I like the way these are tacky before you even put the glue on (I use Duo). They are also nice and natural for bridal work.

I have tried Elyure, Ardell, Amazing Shine, Eldora and have some Red Cherry ones to try.

Somehow I feel like I am missing out on some MUA holy grail brand and/or supplier....Am I?

I would love you know your suggestions.

Best wishes

Charlotte x smile

Aug 26 13 07:15 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Charlotte Easton

Castletown, Castletown, United Kingdom

Thank you both for your reply! It's really interesting as I'd say 90% of my clients want false lashes and expect me to have them for them. Do Models 21 deliver to the UK and do they have a sticky base? xx

Aug 27 13 05:23 am Link

Makeup Artist

Sarah Jane Ellis

Brighton, England, United Kingdom

try eyelashesdirect

Sep 19 13 10:59 am Link

Makeup Artist

MUAUK

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom

Best Ever lashes I have found are Dimples You can usually find them on the cheapy make-up stalls in shopping centres but the cheapest I have found them is home bargains £1.99 for 2 pairs!
They are so natural looking and the spine is so thin you can barely tell their falsies.
Love love love them! So cheap and handy to have a couple of boxes in your kit just in case.

Oct 08 13 01:24 pm Link