Forums > Model Colloquy > Embarrassing moments

Model

V for Victory Modeling

Posts: 436

Roseville, California, US

Any of you models had some embarrassing shots during a shoot? I know a few times a few shots have snuck in where my underwear was showing in a regular shoot. Today I was doing an underwater shoot in a dress and of course there were a few shots where the dress floated up....big underwear shot! Of course I choose a bikini/boyshort underwear that could pass as a swimsuit bottom, so not a big deal. Another shoot I had I was wearing a miniskirt with legs up and a few shots with a glimpse of underwear. LOL Of course there are always those moments were you have a sneaky boob in a more revealing outfit.

Aug 19 13 01:22 am Link

Model

Just Danielle

Posts: 2334

Petersfield, England, United Kingdom

Once shot an entire set in skimpy underwear, only to realise when reviewing the images with the photographer my tampon string was clearly visible and yet neither of us noticed. Thankfully it was giggled off and we just shot the set again!

Aug 19 13 01:32 am Link

Model

Shilo Von Porcelaine

Posts: 227

Chicago, Illinois, US

The fire alarm went off during a shoot I had in a hotel room.

I left the room and went downstairs in pleather leggings, huge high heels, and a bra...

Fairly certain the other hotel guests thought I was a hooker.

Aug 19 13 01:50 am Link

Model

Sabine Luise

Posts: 890

Boston, Massachusetts, US

My bellydance bra popped open during a shoot. I guess it turned into burlesque shoot.

After that I started buying diaper safety pins with he plastic tops instead of the metal large ones that can separate easily. I just can't strap em down they want to get out all the time.

I also have some shower images where the water is dripping down and well it looks like I am peeing in the whole set. Just not cute. Lmbo!

Aug 19 13 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Posts: 27986

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Just Danielle wrote:
Once shot an entire set in skimpy underwear, only to realise when reviewing the images with the photographer my tampon string was clearly visible and yet neither of us noticed. Thankfully it was giggled off and we just shot the set again!

I have noticed the model's string showing and told her.   smile

Aug 19 13 01:54 pm Link

Model

GingerMuse

Posts: 369

STUDIO CITY, California, US

V for Victory Modeling wrote:
Any of you models had some embarrassing shots during a shoot? I know a few times a few shots have snuck in where my underwear was showing in a regular shoot. Today I was doing an underwater shoot in a dress and of course there were a few shots where the dress floated up....big underwear shot! Of course I choose a bikini/boyshort underwear that could pass as a swimsuit bottom, so not a big deal. Another shoot I had I was wearing a miniskirt with legs up and a few shots with a glimpse of underwear. LOL Of course there are always those moments were you have a sneaky boob in a more revealing outfit.

that's embarrassing? seems like that's pretty commonplace when shooting.

I haven't had any yet, but I'll let you know when I do! haha.

Aug 19 13 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

nyk fury

Posts: 2918

Port Townsend, Washington, US

personally, i do not think there should be any underwear in underwater dress shoots.

Aug 19 13 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

PhotographybyT

Posts: 7692

Monterey, California, US

I was doing a beach shoot and positioned myself on my knees about 6 feet directly in front of the model. I wanted to scoot over about a foot to the right so instead of standing up and moving, I stretched my right knee over towards the right...and heard a "rrrriiiiiiiippppp!" (NO! I didn't fart! lol)

I had an 8 inch split in my pants at the crotch. Luckily, that day I wasn't going commando! big_smile

Aug 19 13 02:11 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Posts: 38564

Portland, Oregon, US

None yet, hopefully soon!!!






(I could be wrong, so I would not be surprised to see a post or two correcting the above, LOL)

Aug 19 13 02:16 pm Link

Photographer

nyk fury

Posts: 2918

Port Townsend, Washington, US

DougBPhoto wrote:
None yet, hopefully soon!!!

now you are really asking for it doug!!! wink

Aug 19 13 02:17 pm Link

Photographer

Hi_Spade Photography

Posts: 897

Darlington, South Carolina, US

I was shooting with a model one time and things were going great until.... I sneezed and farted at the same time. I was so embarrassed at first and the model must have seen it on my face. Without cracking a smile she said "now that was a sneeze" and we both fell over laughing so hard we had to stop the shoot until we could gather ourselves together.
Same model, different shoot, the model was doing a difficult pose when I herd what I though was a "squeak" but then I realized that she had farted. Without cracking a smile I said "now that was a "squeak". And again, we had to stop shooting to gather ourselves, lmao.

Aug 19 13 02:23 pm Link

Model

JadeDRed

Posts: 5460

London, England, United Kingdom

I once quoted the wrong (higher) price to a photographer at the shoot, I was so embarrassed as I thought it might look like I was trying it on :s

Sounds really lame but I still cringe at the thought of it. Hopefully just paranoia on my part.

I think I've confused a couple of photographers too, I'm terrible with names and faces. I find that massively embarrassing, that's one reason I like Facebook, I can keep track of who's who with pictures and (usually) real names

Aug 19 13 02:55 pm Link

Photographer

nyk fury

Posts: 2918

Port Townsend, Washington, US

JadeDRed wrote:
I think I've confused a couple of photographers too, I'm terrible with names and faces. I find that massively embarrassing, that's one reason I like Facebook, I can keep track of who's who with pictures and (usually) real names

since many of us use model's faces instead of our own, including on FB, isn't it still confusing?

Aug 19 13 03:06 pm Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Posts: 11892

Olivet, Michigan, US

V for Victory Modeling wrote:
Any of you models had some embarrassing shots during a shoot? I know a few times a few shots have snuck in where my underwear was showing in a regular shoot. Today I was doing an underwater shoot in a dress and of course there were a few shots where the dress floated up....big underwear shot! Of course I choose a bikini/boyshort underwear that could pass as a swimsuit bottom, so not a big deal. Another shoot I had I was wearing a miniskirt with legs up and a few shots with a glimpse of underwear. LOL Of course there are always those moments were you have a sneaky boob in a more revealing outfit.

I've had all sorts of "accidents" in the course of a shoot. They don't get posted the vast majority of the time.  Once in a while, I leave it in when I send proofs to the model (privately) because some accidents are funny.  Or because I didn't notice at the time. 

If you do a shoot in a dress, and your underwear winds up posted online against your wishes, the PHOTOGRAPHER is the one who should be embarrassed.

Aug 19 13 03:09 pm Link

Model

V for Victory Modeling

Posts: 436

Roseville, California, US

nyk fury wrote:
personally, i do not think there should be any underwear in underwater dress shoots.

Do you expect me to go commando? lol

Aug 19 13 03:16 pm Link

Photographer

BlueMoonPics

Posts: 4431

New York, New York, US

JadeDRed wrote:
I once quoted the wrong (higher) price to a photographer at the shoot, I was so embarrassed as I thought it might look like I was trying it on :s

Sounds really lame but I still cringe at the thought of it. Hopefully just paranoia on my part.

I think I've confused a couple of photographers too, I'm terrible with names and faces. I find that massively embarrassing, that's one reason I like Facebook, I can keep track of who's who with pictures and (usually) real names

I don't use my real name nor do I have any images of me on facebook.  I try to keep info about me on the internet to a bare minimum.

I don't have any embarrassing moments to tell as good as what have been told here.  I did, though, roll in a funny way down a sand dune on the beach because I wanted to keep the camera from touching the sand.  The model was laughing.

Aug 19 13 03:17 pm Link

Model

JadeDRed

Posts: 5460

London, England, United Kingdom

nyk fury wrote:

since many of us use model's faces instead of our own, including on FB, isn't it still confusing?

Well a lot of the guys I have on there seem to keep it quite personal, rather than strictly professional business names and model shots. I think usually someone will have some pictures of themselves for me to reacquaint myself with if I have to find them in a crowd at a train station in the future.

It's not even that I'm really likely to forget, it's just reassuring to say to myself 'yes, he definitely is that guy, the one with the wife who work at A and the daughter who must be leaving school right now, oh he had that nice dog I'll have to ask how that little fellow's doing. I wonder how his work on female bodyscapes is going.' I like to be friendly and I don't want people to think I'm just playing along as part of the job. But when you work with lots of people with long times in between it can be difficult to lose track, and you don't want to fuck up because that makes people feel bad.

Aug 19 13 03:26 pm Link

Model

JadeDRed

Posts: 5460

London, England, United Kingdom

BlueMoonPics wrote:
I don't use my real name nor do I have any images of me on facebook.  I try to keep info about me on the internet to a bare minimum.

That's fine, I don't expect socialness, a strictly professional attitude is fine by me. But a lot of people like to socialise and be casual and friendly at shoots, so it helps me to keep track of all the nice people I've met. Most people aren't even on my FB so it's not a necessity.

When working with amateurs you get invited in to people's homes, introduced to their families, if it weren't my nature I'd still think etiquette and good business sense would dicate that I should make some attempt to keep track of more trivial details.

When I started modelling I used to keep a notepad of people's details, this is easier.

Aug 19 13 03:30 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Posts: 38564

Portland, Oregon, US

JadeDRed wrote:

That's fine, I don't expect socialness, a strictly professional attitude is fine by me. But a lot of people like to socialise and be casual and friendly at shoots, so it helps me to keep track of all the nice people I've met. Most people aren't even on my FB so it's not a necessity.

When working with amateurs you get invited in to people's homes, introduced to their families, if it weren't my nature I'd still think etiquette and good business sense would dicate that I should make some attempt to keep track of more trivial details.

When I started modelling I used to keep a notepad of people's details, this is easier.

It is really nice to hear that someone would try to keep track of these things, I think that says a lot about you as a good person.

I often have a terrible time with names and faces, sometimes Facebook helps, other times not so much... a couple of months ago I spend 2-3 hours at arms length from someone and it wasn't even until a month later that I made the connection between her in person and her on my Facebook.  Just a couple of nights ago here on MM, was the first I made the connection between someone else and her Facebook.

We do the best we can, and I agree, paying attention to such things is not only good business, it is also being a nice/considerate person.

Aug 19 13 03:43 pm Link

Photographer

Antediluvian Design

Posts: 1137

Dunmore, Pennsylvania, US

Documented nip slips. I can't show you cuz the model would strangle me..

Namaste

Aug 19 13 03:51 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Posts: 1201

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

I once lost a designer's earring down my cleavage. We found it eventually, but the process involved a certain amount of digging, and my laughing didn't help.

Since then, jokes about my cleavage swallowing things have escalated to the point where I am regularly blames for the disappearance of Atlantis. Not one I'm likely to live down.

Aug 19 13 04:34 pm Link

guide forum

Photographer

Rays Fine Art

Posts: 6314

New York, New York, US

One of my firs implied shoots, with a model even greener than I, went fine during the implied phase but a bit later we did some fully clothed shots.  In one, I tried to catch her whirling around in a very loose, swirly skirt.

The shot went perfectly, captured the motion of the hair and the skirt beautifully.  So much so, that neither of us realized until we looked at the pictures afterward, that she'd forgotten to put on panties!  She insisted that I delete it on the spot---Damn!

Aug 19 13 06:03 pm Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Posts: 22610

Salem, Oregon, US

i take a spare pair of pants on important shoots for just that reason. i also had a shoe snap in half at a wedding once when i was crouching to get the walking down the aisle shots so i take spare shoes and laces.

my embarassing thing on shoots is snorting when i laugh too hard.

PhotographybyT wrote:
I had an 8 inch split in my pants at the crotch. Luckily, that day I wasn't going commando! big_smile

Aug 19 13 06:08 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Posts: 38564

Portland, Oregon, US

V for Victory Modeling wrote:

Do you expect me to go commando? lol

Apparently it sounds like that is hoped for with models, but highly NOT advisable for photographers!!

Aug 19 13 06:45 pm Link

Photographer

Rick OBanion Photo

Posts: 1351

Saint Catharines-Niagara, Ontario, Canada

Forgot to bring memory cards once....real good impression..but them model realized she had no underwear with her so it all kinda balanced out as we did the drive of shame back home to get what we forgot.

Aug 19 13 07:09 pm Link

Model

Kelleth

Posts: 2528

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Many years ago I was shooting with a male model whose wardrobe for the job was a teeny tiny leather thong type thing. He strutted out of the dressing room thinking he was hot shit (it was a very exaggeratedly cocky strut)...not realizing half of his ballsack was hanging out. The makeup artist and I laughed until we cried. Obviously this wasn't embarrassing for us...but maybe for him a little bit hahaha.

Aug 19 13 07:48 pm Link

Photographer

Antediluvian Design

Posts: 1137

Dunmore, Pennsylvania, US

Kelleth wrote:
Many years ago I was shooting with a male model whose wardrobe for the job was a teeny tiny leather thong type thing. He strutted out of the dressing room thinking he was hot shit (it was a very exaggeratedly cocky strut)...not realizing half of his ballsack was hanging out. The makeup artist and I laughed until we cried. Obviously this wasn't embarrassing for us...but maybe for him a little bit hahaha.

That happened to me in the 70's on the tennis court. We used to wear our shorts shorter back then.

Aug 19 13 08:04 pm Link

Photographer

Lacking focus photos

Posts: 319

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

In my earlier days of shooting, I was doing a TF shoot, dropped my camera and it stopped working.  I don't think the model noticed.  I was pretending to shoot while taking off the lens, taking out the battery, doing all I could think of to get the camera working again.  It finally started working again, and got some good shots from the shoot.

Later, after talking to 'real' photographers, I now understand why they have 2 cameras with them ( especially wedding photographers ).

I now always have a back up camera with me.

Aug 19 13 08:20 pm Link

Photographer

Honey Stinger

Posts: 6355

Madison, Wisconsin, US

Antediluvian Design wrote:
Documented nip slips. I can't show you cuz the model would strangle me..

Namaste

Namaste associated with nip slips. First time ever.

Aug 19 13 08:48 pm Link

Photographer

OG Foto

Posts: 226

Los Angeles, California, US

Just Danielle wrote:
Once shot an entire set in skimpy underwear, only to realise when reviewing the images with the photographer my tampon string was clearly visible and yet neither of us noticed. Thankfully it was giggled off and we just shot the set again!

I have had this happen twice. The first time I wasn't sure how to break it to the model. The second time I just said, "You have a string dangling" she turned beat red red..lol. I'm still working on my delivery.

Aug 19 13 09:00 pm Link

Photographer

Charger Photography

Posts: 1720

San Antonio, Texas, US

Me and the model were claiming some huge rocks.. I got on top first put my camera bag in a safe place and looked down to grab the models hand and help her up.. she started laughing.. I asked her what was so funny and she said... " I can see your thing ".. I turned bit red.. she was looking up my shorts.. smile

Aug 19 13 09:07 pm Link

Model

Marlow Rae

Posts: 113

Seattle, Washington, US

Mine can be fully summed up by the phrase "you have leaves up your butt". Awkward...

Aug 19 13 09:08 pm Link

Photographer

Charger Photography

Posts: 1720

San Antonio, Texas, US

M a r l o w wrote:
Mine can be fully summed up by the phrase "you have leaves up your butt". Awkward...

LOL big_smile

Aug 19 13 09:16 pm Link

Photographer

Antediluvian Design

Posts: 1137

Dunmore, Pennsylvania, US

M a r l o w wrote:
Mine can be fully summed up by the phrase "you have leaves up your butt". Awkward...

That's how the pioneers took care of business back there.

Aug 19 13 09:18 pm Link

Photographer

phoenixphoto

Posts: 78

Gunnedah, New South Wales, Australia

Just before shooting a model at a hotel and still setting up the model asks me if we are using toys today......
well, I was pretty sure I wasn't.
It was a nude shoot but not to that level,
and besides I hadn't brought all my model planes with me.

Aug 19 13 09:24 pm Link

Photographer

HO Photo

Posts: 516

Los Angeles, California, US

When I'm shooting, I often schvitz like I'm in a goddamn sauna. It's embarrassing every time, and fogs up my camera LCD to boot.

Aug 19 13 09:44 pm Link

Model

Marlow Rae

Posts: 113

Seattle, Washington, US

Antediluvian Design wrote:

That's how the pioneers took care of business back there.

Nature nudes...at least we managed to stay away from the stinging nettles!

Aug 19 13 10:23 pm Link

Photographer

LC Photography

Posts: 64

Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China

My camera broke after a few shots.  I brought an extra camera, but I did not have the right lens(too long).  I was about to call it a day.  "But I have a camera and lens..... you can use mine," the model offered.  I actually used her camera for the rest of the shot.

Aug 19 13 11:17 pm Link

Photographer

Marin Photography NYC

Posts: 7248

New York, New York, US

I was in Florida at the time in my house shooting a new model. I had a little bedroom I set up my gear in. My dog walked in sniffed the model, she laughed. She licked her face and the model got off the floor and went to get away. My dog then squatted over where she sat and pissed all over the backdrop.  She then quietly walked out, climbed on the sofa and went to sleep. Old dogs have issues. I still have the photos.

Aug 19 13 11:50 pm Link

guide forum

Model

Rockabella

Posts: 588

New York, New York, US

Recently got a picture in between shots of me sputtering because a bug almost flew into my mouth.
Gotta love Florida. smile

Aug 20 13 03:37 am Link