Forums > Newbie Forum > NEW! Need Tips plz

Model

David E Simmons

New York, New York, US

Hello everyone my name is David, my account recently pretty much got approved when I was on my vacation. But I really didn't have time to do a forum post. But now that my account is active, I have been receiving messages, and just basically would like to make sure that it isn't scammy. On the end of the day it was approved I was contacted by a person by the name of Cortez Raines who is claiming himself as a Independent Talent Scout, who has worked with Elite modeling agency in Chicago but branch out to do his own thing basically. We actually did talk by phone, where he stated he would like me to work with him and how he can book me for work because he has connections. By talking to him I did become more comfortable, it just did not sound like something he would make up. Pretty much everything made sense and I ask question after question. So I basically would like to know, should I be aware? Is this something that usually can happen? Because I don't know too much about Independent talent scouts, so I just need a few tips of what I should look after. He did ask for some pictures but not any nudes, just to present to clients. What do you think?

Aug 19 13 02:47 pm Link

Photographer

Nor-Cal Photography

Walnut Creek, California, US

Scams run rampant on MM.

Words of wisdom:  If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Remove your cell phone number from your account.  It is an open invitation for scam artists.

But just one worthless opinion.   smile

Aug 19 13 03:29 pm Link

Model

David E Simmons

New York, New York, US

Thank you for the advice, I removed my number like you said. Any more tips from longer MM members?

Aug 19 13 03:57 pm Link

Photographer

Toto Photo

Belmont, California, US

Easy enough to check. Find the true phone number for Elite in Chicago, call and ask for a reference for a former employee of theirs. Sometimes they won't give a reference, then ask if they can simply verify his dates of employment with Elite. Most companies will do that much, if not more.

You might also want to read this:

Avoid Scams

Best of luck.

Aug 19 13 03:59 pm Link

Model

David E Simmons

New York, New York, US

THANK YOU! that helped a lot, I'm gonna continue to stick around to see what happen next because everything seems legit and understandable.

Aug 19 13 04:12 pm Link