Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > sharing beds with a cover-stealer
guide forum

Model

Koryn

Posts: 36712

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I gave up on sleeping. I keep waking up cold, and having to fight to get an end of the comforter. Meanwhile, old boy is rolling himself up in the blankets kind of like how people wind spaghetti around a fork.

Aug 30 13 08:08 pm Link

Photographer

Damon Banner

Posts: 85305

Hayward, California, US

Koryn Locke wrote:
I gave up on sleeping. I keep waking up cold, and having to fight to get an end of the comforter. Meanwhile, old boy is rolling himself up in the blankets kind of like how people wind spaghetti around a fork.

"accidentally" nudge him out the bed.

Aug 30 13 08:11 pm Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Posts: 10714

Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica

Doh.  You can have my covers.  I don't use it during the summer.  Winter on the other hand, I only need so much.

Aug 30 13 08:12 pm Link

Photographer

Simmagination

Posts: 3129

Westminster, Maryland, US

My wife does that, and I figured out a great solution- back-up covers!  I keep them on my side of the bed, and wait for her to roll herself up into a "bed sheet burrito" then I cover myself with the back-up covers- problem solved! big_smile

Aug 30 13 08:14 pm Link

guide forum

Model

Koryn

Posts: 36712

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Damon Banner wrote:

"accidentally" nudge him out the bed.

Every time I poke his face and say, "taking this itty bitty corner. K. Thnx" he wakes up all sleepy-face and is like, "oh sorry here you go," then falls immediately back to sleep and starts getting all mummified again.

Aug 30 13 08:16 pm Link

guide forum

Model

Koryn

Posts: 36712

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Simmagination  wrote:
My wife does that, and I figured out a great solution- back-up covers!  I keep them on my side of the bed, and wait for her to roll herself up into a "bed sheet burrito" then I cover myself with the back-up covers- problem solved! big_smile

I went downstairs and got the afghan. When we go camping, I have separate bedding because Jay likes sleeping in a sleeping bag, which makes me kinda claustrophobic. When he stays over, unless I get the afghan off my couch, it's like an eight hour long war over who gets the blankets.

Aug 30 13 08:19 pm Link

Photographer

Damon Banner

Posts: 85305

Hayward, California, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

Every time I poke his face and say, "taking this itty bitty corner. K. Thnx" he wakes up all sleepy-face and is like, "oh sorry here you go," then falls immediately back to sleep and starts getting all mummified again.

tuck the blankets under the bed so it's like a tightly wrapped package.  makes it harder to steal

Aug 30 13 08:20 pm Link

Photographer

Damon Banner

Posts: 85305

Hayward, California, US

or push him out the bed onto the floor...

Aug 30 13 08:20 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Posts: 17228

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

Every time I poke his face and say, "taking this itty bitty corner. K. Thnx" he wakes up all sleepy-face and is like, "oh sorry here you go," then falls immediately back to sleep and starts getting all mummified again.

Get a few C-clamps from the hardware store and clamp the covers on your side to the bed frame! big_smile

Aug 30 13 08:21 pm Link

Model

Lela Jesse

Posts: 1148

Arcata, California, US

Koryn Locke wrote:
I gave up on sleeping. I keep waking up cold, and having to fight to get an end of the comforter. Meanwhile, old boy is rolling himself up in the blankets kind of like how people wind spaghetti around a fork.

Mine does that, and then proceeds stab me with his sharp elbows, and continue to try to wind the covers completely around his body. He turns into a human burrito. Its not as bad in the summer, but my goodness, in the winter I end up freezing my butt off!

Aug 30 13 08:21 pm Link

guide forum

Model

Koryn

Posts: 36712

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Damon Banner wrote:

tuck the blankets under the bed so it's like a tightly wrapped package.  makes it harder to steal

I actually tried that awhile back. You'd think he'd be too sleepy to extract them, but it's like he's the center of a blanket solar system, and all the blankets cannot resist his gravitational pull

Aug 30 13 08:26 pm Link

guide forum

Model

Koryn

Posts: 36712

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Jim Ball wrote:

Get a few C-clamps from the hardware store and clamp the covers on your side to the bed frame! big_smile

I don't have a bed frame, ir I would have probably tried that already.

Aug 30 13 08:27 pm Link

guide forum

Model

Koryn

Posts: 36712

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Lela Jesse wrote:

Mine does that, and then proceeds stab me with his sharp elbows, and continue to try to wind the covers completely around his body. He turns into a human burrito. Its not as bad in the summer, but my goodness, in the winter I end up freezing my butt off!

lol

human burrito

lol

Aug 30 13 08:28 pm Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Posts: 22609

Salem, Oregon, US

i do that to my wife. we each have our own sheet and blankets (and comforter in the winter) but sometimes i still manage to grab hers. maybe get two double beds and have them a bit apart?

Aug 30 13 08:32 pm Link

guide forum

Model

Koryn

Posts: 36712

Boston, Massachusetts, US

ontherocks wrote:
i do that to my wife. we each have our own sheet and blankets (and comforter in the winter) but sometimes i still manage to grab hers. maybe get two double beds and have them a bit apart?

This behavior must be more common among men than women, since everyone here is talking about men doing it.

I've just been wrapping up in another blanket. I just don't think to go get it ahead of time, so I wake up cold as fuck in the middle of the night and am like, "Oh yeah. This happens."

Aug 30 13 08:35 pm Link

Model

Lela Jesse

Posts: 1148

Arcata, California, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

lol

human burrito

lol

Haha, It's the absolute best way to describe it! Only the top of his head shows out the top, and he's a tall guy. If I am lucky enough to get to keep some covers, the second I get out of bed, he twists around more. Then he steals my pillow.

Aug 30 13 08:40 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Posts: 17228

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

This behavior must be more common among men than women, since everyone here is talking about men doing it.

I've just been wrapping up in another blanket. I just don't think to go get it ahead of time, so I wake up cold as fuck in the middle of the night and am like, "Oh yeah. This happens."

I'm assuming he must have some good habits or attributes that offset this appalling behavior. wink

Aug 30 13 08:47 pm Link

Model

Magic Forests

Posts: 530

New York, New York, US

I do this to Paolo. He makes the bed all nice every evening, tucks in the sheets under the mattress... but I end up in a pool of sheets and blankets every morning. Totes not my fault. sad

I also wake him up in the middle of the night asking for the blankets but it turns out I kick them off. Oops.

Aug 30 13 09:19 pm Link

Model

Snuff Elles

Posts: 593

ADGER, Alabama, US

My partner does that too sometimes. I have found the best way is to beat him to it then he has to go get up for another blanket neh neh neh tongue

Aug 30 13 09:26 pm Link

Photographer

Damon Banner

Posts: 85305

Hayward, California, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

This behavior must be more common among men than women, since everyone here is talking about men doing it.

I've just been wrapping up in another blanket. I just don't think to go get it ahead of time, so I wake up cold as fuck in the middle of the night and am like, "Oh yeah. This happens."

nope.  I've had women do it.  I'm not a blanket thief at all.  I'm more likely to kick off the blankets, wake up and then re-cover!

Aug 30 13 09:55 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Posts: 27372

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Koryn Locke wrote:

This behavior must be more common among men than women, since everyone here is talking about men doing it.

I've just been wrapping up in another blanket. I just don't think to go get it ahead of time, so I wake up cold as fuck in the middle of the night and am like, "Oh yeah. This happens."

I do it because I'm cold and like to be bundled up

Wye hogs the blankets by getting caught in them when he tosses and turns, and then he traps them when he decides he's hot and wants to sleep on top of them instead of just kicking them off.

Aug 30 13 10:28 pm Link

Model

immateria

Posts: 15446

Brooklyn, New York, US

My boyfriend refuses to share blankets, so we have out separate set.

Now if I could only get him to stop elbowing me in the head at night.

Aug 31 13 06:07 am Link

guide forum

Model

Koryn

Posts: 36712

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Damon Banner wrote:

nope.  I've had women do it.  I'm not a blanket thief at all.  I'm more likely to kick off the blankets, wake up and then re-cover!

I'm more like you.i never hog the blankets, but I do get hot, knock them in the floor, then wake up cold and have to rectify the situation

Aug 31 13 06:10 am Link

Model

JadeDRed

Posts: 5460

London, England, United Kingdom

Separate beds, separate covers. Problem solved.

Aug 31 13 06:11 am Link

guide forum

Model

Koryn

Posts: 36712

Boston, Massachusetts, US

immateria wrote:
My boyfriend refuses to share blankets, so we have out separate set.

Now if I could only get him to stop elbowing me in the head at night.

I'm fortunate that I don't get elbowed. Jay does mistake me for a very large teddy bear sometimes, so he will randomly reach out and squeeze me in his sleep. It's cute though

Aug 31 13 06:13 am Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Posts: 38559

Portland, Oregon, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

I went downstairs and got the afghan. When we go camping, I have separate bedding because Jay likes sleeping in a sleeping bag, which makes me kinda claustrophobic. When he stays over, unless I get the afghan off my couch, it's like an eight hour long war over who gets the blankets.

There is your problem right there, never trust a guy named Jay wink

Aug 31 13 07:48 am Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Posts: 11042

Sun City, California, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

I actually tried that awhile back. You'd think he'd be too sleepy to extract them, but it's like he's the center of a blanket solar system, and all the blankets cannot resist his gravitational pull

LOL  smile

Aug 31 13 08:01 am Link

guide forum

Photographer

Robb Mann

Posts: 10662

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Strap 'em to the bed.

Aug 31 13 12:50 pm Link

Model

FallenEcho

Posts: 1177

Escondido, California, US

My hubby does this, but he also has a tendency to take up the entire bed even while I am sleeping on it so he ends up either pushing me to the edge or rolls on top of me.

lol

Aug 31 13 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

Edge of the Moon

Posts: 431

New York, New York, US

Sleep alone.

Aug 31 13 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Posts: 11042

Sun City, California, US

Suggest that there could be a tarantula in a blanket. . .

And that the one with all the covers - "wins" it....

just suggesting tongue

Aug 31 13 08:51 pm Link

Model

Amadea T

Posts: 3571

Columbus, Ohio, US

Staples.

Sep 01 13 12:28 am Link

Model

Snuff Elles

Posts: 593

ADGER, Alabama, US

DougBPhoto wrote:

There is your problem right there, never trust a guy named Jay wink

My cover stealer is named Jay too! neutral

Sep 01 13 02:44 am Link

guide forum

Model

Koryn

Posts: 36712

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Siddy Pain wrote:

My cover stealer is named Jay too! neutral

Ahahaha! We have found the answer!!!

Sep 03 13 01:00 pm Link

Artist/Painter

sdgillis

Posts: 2444

Portland, Oregon, US

queen size bed, king size blankets big_smile

Sep 03 13 02:04 pm Link

guide forum

Model

Anna Adrielle

Posts: 18763

Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium

get 2 covers smile

Sep 03 13 02:10 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Posts: 39288

Columbus, Ohio, US

Damon Banner wrote:

tuck the blankets under the bed so it's like a tightly wrapped package.  makes it harder to steal

lol I used to do that to a former boyfriend of mine. Worked like a charm. He would just give up. Or i'd smack him in his head; "HEY I WEIGH 109 POUNDS AND I GET COLD EASILY! Gimme covers!"

Sep 05 13 02:12 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Posts: 39288

Columbus, Ohio, US

immateria wrote:
My boyfriend refuses to share blankets, so we have out separate set.

Now if I could only get him to stop elbowing me in the head at night.

I do that to Zach. lol I can't tell you how many times I've nearly caused black eyes because of this. I sometimes sleep with my arm above my head and since he likes to be the bigger spoon he cuddles up close and SMACK right in the face.

Sep 05 13 02:15 pm Link

Model

Sophie Nova

Posts: 2105

Los Angeles, California, US

I think I have the solution big_smile

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AqUjBzB41xE/TyP0cxZqEYI/AAAAAAAAAc0/Yr-NySvvJ8s/s1600/bundling+board.jpg


It's that, or a cattle prod.

Sep 05 13 07:32 pm Link

Model

NicoleNudes

Posts: 3860

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I totally steal all of the covers all the time and then kick half of them off when I get too hot. big_smile

I like sleeping with blankets but in the summer it gets too hot so I sleep with one leg outside of the covers and one leg in. It's my heat regulation.
In the winter I totally make myself into a human burrito too haha.

The bf is obsessive about the covers being perfect and will usually tear them all away from me in the middle of the night to readjust them nicely.

I'd just get a second set of covers, or at least a separate blanket that your bf can't steal.

Sep 05 13 10:17 pm Link