Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Which plug in is this?


Geo Leon Photography

Posts: 143

Orlando, Florida, US

I know the effect in this image is from a plug-in. Cant seem to find it though.

By the effect im referring to the Paint.

Anyone know? … ge/037.jpg

Sep 03 13 09:41 am Link


Lars R Peterson

Posts: 1085

Seattle, Washington, US

Gaussian blur?

Sep 03 13 09:46 am Link


Downtown Pro Photo

Posts: 1589

Crystal Lake, Illinois, US

seriously doubt it's a plug in.
Looks more like using pieces of images of paint being poured and splattered to combine them up into the final look.  I do that all the time with water splashes and smoke.  The trick is to shoot the elements on opposite end backgrounds. So white elements on black and dark elements on white, then use either a screen or multiply blending mode on the layer to reduce masking time.

Sep 03 13 11:35 am Link



Posts: 8645

Plainview, New York, US

It's called shooting splashes, cutting them out and then compositing them into your photo.

Sep 03 13 11:38 am Link



Posts: 289

Rīga, Rīga, Latvia

Maybe with plugin you mean brush presets.

Sep 03 13 01:06 pm Link



Posts: 445

Bratislava, Bratislavský, Slovakia

Sep 03 13 02:04 pm Link



Posts: 11

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

This sort of thing, even gives you links to s few brushes

Sep 03 13 02:12 pm Link