Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > I would like some critique on my portfolio please

Model

ammie

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I am new to modelling, I have a few paid shoots, some TFP and some of my own work with my partner.
I would be interested to hear what category of modelling would work well for me.
I would like to know my best and worst pictures and why.

Ammie.

Sep 08 13 06:50 am Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

Here's my 2 pennies - your really have some lovely shots and sound poses - You have a great hourglass shape - but, you have several images that are doing you no good.

#2 image - the brown top obscures your waistline and makes it look like the widest point of your body - also, we don't see your face well - so an expression can't save the eye from looking at the waistline.

Many of the beach shots are so blown out that your leg, clothes, etc. merge into the sand - as a model, I doubt you really want to blend into the background in any way.

Some of your most recent images are really lovely - You might begin to look towards developing a sense of story into the shots - "why are you there - what is she doing"

AS I said - my 2 zinc pennies  smile

Sep 08 13 08:56 am Link

Photographer

Marin Photography NYC

New York, New York, US

Your lingerie photos are ok, but the beach shots are all bad. The lighting is way off. You have a great look and good curves. I would say glamour suits you best and maybe some pinup.

Sep 08 13 09:04 am Link

Model

ammie

Vintagevista wrote:
Here's my 2 pennies - your really have some lovely shots and sound poses - You have a great hourglass shape - but, you have several images that are doing you no good.

#2 image - the brown top obscures your waistline and makes it look like the widest point of your body - also, we don't see your face well - so an expression can't save the eye from looking at the waistline.

Many of the beach shots are so blown out that your leg, clothes, etc. merge into the sand - as a model, I doubt you really want to blend into the background in any way.

Some of your most recent images are really lovely - You might begin to look towards developing a sense of story into the shots - "why are you there - what is she doing"

AS I said - my 2 zinc pennies  smile

Fabulous advice! that is so helpful, I did not know that!! that shot is gone! Thank you very much. OK, def going to gets some story line in there.

Sep 08 13 10:48 am Link

Model

ammie

Marin Photography NYC wrote:
Your lingerie photos are ok, but the beach shots are all bad. The lighting is way off. You have a great look and good curves. I would say glamour suits you best and maybe some pinup.

Thank you I am going to be doing pin up, I understand so much more now.

Sep 08 13 10:49 am Link