Forums > General Industry > Where to post my portfolio(with nude)

Photographer

NT Photography

Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China

When I approached a model here, I need to show them my best works.  My MM account does not have enough place.  Right now,  I am sending them link to my accounts with Flickr and Issuu, but they have some degree of censorship toward nude photos.  Both Flickr and Issuu do not allow non-member to view it.  So some of the girls cannot see my best works.  Any idea? Thanks.

Sep 08 13 10:45 pm Link

Photographer

ImagineAerie

Plano, Texas, US

If you can't show your "best" in 20 shots or less, what good will 100 be?  Do you plan on overwhelming prospective subjects?  "Wow, this guy's got 200 shots in his port -- he MUST be good!"

Sep 08 13 10:57 pm Link

Photographer

eos3_300

Brooklyn, New York, US

Non members can see what you post and no nudity restrictions as far as I know
www.tumblr.com

Sep 08 13 11:45 pm Link

Photographer

NT Photography

ImagineAerie wrote:
If you can't show your "best" in 20 shots or less, what good will 100 be?  Do you plan on overwhelming prospective subjects?  "Wow, this guy's got 200 shots in his port -- he MUST be good!"

Because some models have asked me to send them more samples of my works. Besides, my MM port contained photos that are work-related and uninteresting.

eos3_300 wrote:
Non members can see what you post and no nudity restrictions as far as I know
www.tumblr.com

Thanks.

Sep 09 13 12:33 am Link

Photographer

Glenn Hall - Fine Art

Townsville, Queensland, Australia

Yeah, Tumblr are good, no membership for lurkers, just an annoying eternal scroll for visitors if you don't layout your page correctly.

Sep 09 13 12:43 am Link

Photographer

B R U N E S C I

Bath, England, United Kingdom

LC Photography wrote:
my MM port contained photos that are work-related and uninteresting.

Why? hmm

Post here what you want to shoot here.

You can always create a second account to display your nudes if you want to keep them separate.

Just my $0.02

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Sep 09 13 01:01 am Link

Photographer

Handtinted Women

Savannah, Georgia, US

In 1998 I launched a website. Currently it contains over 700 original images
going back to my beginnings in the 1970s. For 15 years it’s worked well for
me. So I’d suggest that you create a website.

Sep 09 13 02:28 am Link

Photographer

Kent Art Photography

Ashford, England, United Kingdom

Your own website is probably the way to go, but I would also suggest setting up another profile on here as an alternative.  15 pics of what you want to shoot should be enough to get models interested in you.

Sep 09 13 02:53 am Link

Photographer

NT Photography

Thanks.... I just felt my MM port is too unorganized.  I am just going to upload 20 of my best works.  And I do not want to pay for a website yet.

Sep 09 13 02:53 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

Get your own web site.  Mine has 10,000+ images (it's been around for a long time).

Sep 09 13 06:52 am Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

Get your own website or web blog. Link it on your MM and also try to include a couple shots in your port for teasers.

Sep 09 13 07:14 am Link

Photographer

NT Photography

Again, thanks for the advise!

Sep 09 13 07:56 am Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

That Italian Guy wrote:

Why? hmm

You can always create a second account to display your nudes if you want to keep them separate.

Just my $0.02

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

+1

Sep 09 13 09:11 am Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium

okay a couple of things:

*20 pics should be more than enough to showcase your best work. remember that your portfolio is only as strong as your weakest picture.

*don't post work on here that is boring and not interesting. only show the work you are open to shooting. if you don't want to mix nude work with commercial work, then open a second seperate account for your nude work

*tumblr is free, easy, accessible and a great way to show more of your work to show to models if they are interested. check it out.

Sep 09 13 09:21 am Link

Photographer

ThomasBlanchardFineArt

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

LC Photography wrote:
Thanks.... I just felt my MM port is too unorganized.  I am just going to upload 20 of my best works.  And I do not want to pay for a website yet.

You could always create a portfolio of images in Dropbox and provide a link.

Sep 09 13 09:52 am Link

Photographer

Rick Dupuis Photography

Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada

The whole point of MM is to network so I am trying to figure out why anyone would post photos here that even he/she believes are uninteresting. I can see a model or another photographer telling me something that I did is uninteresting, but I can't see posting one that I already know is uninteresting even to me.

Sep 09 13 01:12 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Neil

Torrance, California, US

deviantart is another place, but I think the viewer will need to be a member. They do allow nudes.

Sep 09 13 05:36 pm Link

Model

GingerMuse

STUDIO CITY, California, US

That Italian Guy wrote:

Why? hmm

Just my $0.02

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

+1
just create another account with your nudes only. easy solution.

Sep 11 13 12:40 pm Link

Model

GingerMuse

STUDIO CITY, California, US

LC Photography wrote:

I have never asked a photographer to see more than 20 of his best photos that were posted on here. maybe if he only had 2 photos, i'd ask. and MM is pretty inexpensive if you want more photos and you don't want to pay for your own website (which isn't very expensive either).

Sep 11 13 12:43 pm Link

Photographer

Nacho Cheese

BORING, Oregon, US

GingerMuse wrote:

+1
just create another account with your nudes only. easy solution.

+2 - Incredibly easy solution !!!

Sep 11 13 12:49 pm Link