Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Please help me by taking this survey (for school)

Retoucher

HollysPhotomanipulation

Posts: 357

York, Pennsylvania, US

I'm a college student studying graphic design and for my senior project I have to create some designs that will be displayed in the gallery at my school.

Could everyone please answer these brief surveys that will help me conduct my research to help me with an aspect of my project?

Everyone:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HXQLFQT

and here is another one that is mainly targeting college students or people that went to college:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WHN5CGC

Thanks for your help smile

Sep 14 13 01:19 pm Link

Photographer

Evan Hiltunen

Posts: 3248

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

What does the German language have to do with graphic design or your schooling thereof?

Sep 14 13 01:24 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Posts: 32233

Lodi, California, US

I smells me a troll thread.

Edit: Okay, maybe not. But the connection is tenuous.

Sep 14 13 01:35 pm Link

Retoucher

HollysPhotomanipulation

Posts: 357

York, Pennsylvania, US

Evan Hiltunen wrote:
What does the German language have to do with graphic design or your schooling thereof?

I am minoring in German and my senior graphic design project will be focused around educating people about the German language.  It will include many design components that will be displayed in the college gallery as my final project in order for me to graduate.

Sep 14 13 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

Posts: 34735

San Diego, California, US

Those surveys are so short and simplistic.

What do you expect to learn from them?

.... vs. just doing your assignment without the survey.

---

Right angles. That's what I think about when I think about Germans. Sometimes anal intensity.

Sep 14 13 02:30 pm Link

Retoucher

HollysPhotomanipulation

Posts: 357

York, Pennsylvania, US

Click Hamilton wrote:
Those surveys are so short and simplistic.

What do you expect to learn from them?

.... vs. just doing your assignment without the survey.

---

Right angles. That's what I think about when I think about Germans. Sometimes anal intensity.

My project is not centered around the results of the surveys.  The surveys are just a way for me to get people's opinions or personal testimonials, since that will be a component of my project.  In addition to the surveys I will use facts and research that I have collected from other sources to create infographics and other components of my designs.  The surveys are a small part of it.  I wanted the surveys to be short and just to get people's opinions and first reaction about the topic.

Sep 14 13 02:38 pm Link

Model

Magic Forests

Posts: 530

New York, New York, US

Good luck with your study. smile

Sep 14 13 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

Virtual Studio

Posts: 5800

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Just remember.

Bauhaus Architecture = Shithouse Buildings.

Sep 14 13 08:17 pm Link

Model

Amadea T

Posts: 3530

Columbus, Ohio, US

I don't understand why people learn German any more.

Don't get me wrong, I think any new language is a plus, but why German?

Sep 14 13 08:47 pm Link

Photographer

Virtual Studio

Posts: 5800

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Eurocat wrote:
I don't understand why people learn German any more.

Don't get me wrong, I think any new language is a plus, but why German?

A lot of rural germany doesn't speak no English. It also gives you access to Austria, Switzerland, and serves as a bit of a lingua franca for Turkey, Poland and Hungary.

There's also the thought  that much of the enlightenment was directly German - so you get access to a lot of the founding philosophy of the 18th and early 19th century.

A cynic would point out that it's about time for round 3 - and this time they're mad and already running Europe. It doesn't hurt to know the language of the Boss.

Sep 14 13 09:32 pm Link

Model

Magic Forests

Posts: 530

New York, New York, US

Virtual Studio wrote:

A lot of rural germany doesn't speak no English. It also gives you access to Austria, Switzerland, and serves as a bit of a lingua franca for Turkey, Poland and Hungary.

There's also the thought  that much of the enlightenment was directly German - so you get access to a lot of the founding philosophy of the 18th and early 19th century.

A cynic would point out that it's about time for round 3 - and this time they're mad and already running Europe. It doesn't hurt to know the language of the Boss.

Don't forget about German speaking Mennonites. yikes

Sep 14 13 10:29 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo Diavolo

Posts: 8787

Martinez, California, US

Virtual Studio wrote:
A lot of rural germany doesn't speak no English.

so they speak English?

Sep 14 13 10:38 pm Link

Retoucher

HollysPhotomanipulation

Posts: 357

York, Pennsylvania, US

Thanks for all of your feedback.  It is helpful.

The survey is still open if anyone else that is reading this hasn't done it yet.

Sep 15 13 03:47 pm Link