Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Full time model in SF: What do you want to see?

Model

LoveInfinity

Seattle, Washington, US

I have a port full of random photos, unorganized, some old some brand new. I'm booking gigs regularly but I would like to know from the photographers point of view: Which photos in my port would make you want to hire me? Which photos am I missing? I want a photographer to look at my port and have no/little doubts about hiring me for a project. I'm willing to do more TF with professional photographers for the photos I need. I want my direction to be lingerie/glamor nudes and artistic nudes. looking forward to your input!

Sep 21 13 08:38 pm Link

Photographer

Bay Valley Boudoir

Stockton, California, US

Great nudes, would like to see a few more lingerie and implied, also some more head shots.

Sep 21 13 08:48 pm Link

Model

Nym Faea

San Francisco, California, US

I think it's the way your portfolio is organized, but when I start scrolling down, I see mostly pictures of you with someone else. Your portfolio should be featuring and selling your assets. Sure, interactions with other models are great, but keep them to a minimum. Photographers want to see more.

I think overall, your portfolio could benefit from some hacking and slashing. Less is more. Stick with only your strong photos. Don't post too many from the same set, the same shoot. This will make your portfolio more of a punch and less of a meandering through the shoots that you've done thus far. You have a good range of expressions, and I would definitely keep that.

By the way, you could play Scarlet Johanson's double. In particular shots, it's uncanny.

Keep working it, girl!

Sep 21 13 09:09 pm Link

Photographer

Abiqua Production Comp

Portland, Oregon, US

NYMPH wrote:
By the way, you could play Scarlet Johanson's double. In particular shots, it's uncanny.

Keep working it, girl!

I agree, Scarlet.  Those lips are great.  A few of you and another model goes far but we want to see you...

Sep 21 13 09:17 pm Link

Photographer

NewBoldPhoto

PORT MURRAY, New Jersey, US

Charlotte Snow White wrote:
I have a port full of random photos, unorganized, some old some brand new. I'm booking gigs regularly but I would like to know from the photographers point of view: Which photos in my port would make you want to hire me? Which photos am I missing? I want a photographer to look at my port and have no/little doubts about hiring me for a project. I'm willing to do more TF with professional photographers for the photos I need. I want my direction to be lingerie/glamor nudes and artistic nudes. looking forward to your input!

If you are interested in shooting art nudes I would like to see a few images that show you have an awareness of your body and how it relates to the immediate environment.
You currently have no images that make me want to hire you.
Regarding "...have(ing) no/little doubts about hiring..." consider that a large portion of your portfolio is currently an advertisement for a redhead model going by Katia, that images depicting large tattoos cause some of us to move on without additional thought and your portfolio is geared toward glamor.
I would add that everything from the bridal gown runway shot on could be deleted without hurting your port.

Sep 21 13 09:19 pm Link

Photographer

Y E N

Memphis, Tennessee, US

You are a beautiful girl, and I love the curves on you.  I agree with what the others have said, you need less pics of you with someone else, need more artistic pics of you both nude and clothed, I have a model I shoot that I absolutely adore and she is built very much like you.  I would find a photographer who is good with natural light and shoot you more casually in a natural environment other then a bedroom. Go and watch the movie High Art and you will see I think you should do.  If you ever come to Memphis, let me know.

Rupert

Sep 22 13 04:11 am Link

Photographer

Grandart

Chicago, Illinois, US

You mean life is good, but maybe it could be better? Is that the question?
You have a really solid portfolio and you are getting lots of bookings. Count yourself lucky and keep doing whatever made you successful so far. Good luck!

Sep 24 13 06:11 pm Link

Photographer

David Kirk

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

My favourites in your portfolio are these:

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130812/19/52099c97a8f09_m.jpg

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/091213/14/4b2570c9b704c_m.jpg

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130105/16/50e8ca9d9ecc1_m.jpg

That kind of really direct, confident expression is great.  I see much less of that look with much of your nude work.

Sep 26 13 09:16 am Link

Photographer

Jayc Yu

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Keep the ones that don't look like they're shot in some guy's home.
The runway is especially a keeper since scrub togs are intimidated by models who're actually in the industry; therefore, you have a solid bargaining chip when negotiating rates. Studio photos are obviously good as well.

Sep 26 13 11:25 am Link