Forums > Events > NY/NJ/PA - Nov 9th - Pasha's Shootout.
guide forum

Photographer

PashaPhoto

Brooklyn, New York, US

Our Meetup Group     -           Our Facebook Page        -           Mailing List sign up

NY/NJ/PA - Saturday, November 9th - Pasha's Shootout

http://pashaphotonyc.com/700nov9.jpg

After a loooong break, we are back with another edition of Pasha's Shootout borat

Saturday, November 9th, we are coming back to Studio212  This will be one of our last events in that awesome studio.  The building is being sold to new owners who plan to demolish it.  The last day of the studio is December 31'st, after that - it's gone for good.

Studio212 has been our home base, and in general our "home" since i started running the Shootout, and i cannot even begin to tell you all how much it will be missed.  It's a truly unique space, and i am heartbroken to see it go.

To make sure we get the most out of that space, while we still can, i have scheduled as many events as i could before now and the shutdown date.

October 27th - Advanced Glamour Lighting Workshop with Stephen Eastwood.  Stephen typically teaches beauty/fashion, so having him put on a glamour lighting workshop is a bit of a "treat" for us.   In the four years that we've been organizing events together, this is the first time we put on a true teaching workshop that focuses strictly on shooting Glamour.  If you're interested in learning how to shoot this style, you will want to attend this one.

November 9th - Shootout.  This may very well be the last time we get a chance to use one of my favorite shooting spaces in Studio212 - the industrial space upstairs.   There is no heat there, so it may be a bit chilly, but shooting there should still be more then "doable".

November 23'rd - Shootout.  If it doesn't get too cold by then, we can use upstairs again, but that time of year it's all "weather dependent".

December 14th - our last event at Studio212 before it's gone for good.  This will be a "hybrid" event that will feature a mix of a Workshop and a Shootout.  The day will start with the "How to shoot Glam like a Shmoe" Workshop, taught by yours truly first half of the day, followed by our very last Shootout at Studio212.

So, only 4 events left in that great space, and only 3 Shootouts.  After that - i honestly don't know.   As i already mentioned, Studio212 was our "home base" since i started running the Shootouts.  It was more then just a photogenic location, it also provided us with stability, and because the owner of the studio is a friend - it also made the place affordable.   To continue running the Shootouts regularly, i will need to find another large, photogenic, and most importantly affordable studio, and those don't exactly grow on trees smile

In other words, there is a very strong possibility that these 4 events are not only our last 4 events at Studio212, but also our last events all-together.  Well, at least "regular" Shootout events.   Without a "home base" putting on events regularly is extremely challenging, since everything is then basically "on location" and requires a massive amount of logistical planning to pull of "right".  Chances are the Shootouts will not disappear, but they will also not be a "regular thing", and will be running on a schedule of around once every 5-6 months or so.

Every Shootout so far this year has been a sellout.  Groups sizes, as always, are locked and i have turned a large number of people away this year simply because there was no more room left.  We have 3 more events to go, maybe for good.   Point is - sign up, people smile

Details for November 9th are at the link below, if you have any questions please ask - pashaphoto@gmail.com

Please click here for lineup, price/booking etc, etc, etc...

Oct 23 13 12:41 am Link

guide forum

Photographer

PashaPhoto

Brooklyn, New York, US

15 spots gone... 5 spots left...

Oct 23 13 05:42 pm Link

Photographer

Thomas Tran

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Killer lineup! looks to be a ton of fun.

Oct 24 13 07:03 pm Link