Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > Rate/Comment Avatar

Photographer

Beautiful Boudoir

Quincy, Massachusetts, US

Please rate and comment/critique my avatar and I will rate/comment/critique yours as well.  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Nov 08 13 10:26 am Link

Photographer

Marc Damon

Biloxi, Mississippi, US

First the good stuff...
I love the dress and how it's hiked up a bit in back. Beautiful model. Creative mirror shot showing both front and back. Good expression from the model. Fantastic eye contact and connection with the lens/viewer.

Now the bad...
The hand in front of her face seems too large for her body because it's not turned at enough of an angle to the camera. The brown spot above her head (window covering?) and whatever is on the right side of her facing away image (furniture?) is distracting. The bevel on the right side of the mirror creates a dual image that is also distracting. The DOF is a bit shallow making the ends of her hair seem badly chopped in post. There is a wavy spot of hair on the back of her neck. Was she wearing a hair band or other accessory before the shoot? The shadow on the side of her nose and mouth is a bit heavy for my taste.

Giving a little more attention to detail would make this a much better image.

Just my two bits. (It used to be two cents, but you know inflation man.)

Nov 08 13 12:14 pm Link

Photographer

Beautiful Boudoir

Quincy, Massachusetts, US

Thank you for the compliments as well the critique.  It is very helpful to hear positive and constructive feedback. 

As for your avatar....simply beautiful!  I love the way she shines...the lighting is fantastic.  The pose is awesome from the flow of her hair to the glossy lips, everything works.

Nov 08 13 12:45 pm Link