Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > DAR Critiques > Request For Critiques!

Retoucher

Kami Fore

Los Angeles, California, US

Hello everyone smile I'm looking to start moving in this direction with my retouching. I'd really like your input. Please feel free to add screen shots of pen marks with your corrections. I'm open to anything. Thank you so much!

https://i58.tinypic.com/2uhwaya.png
https://i58.tinypic.com/4f7ly.png

EDIT : I was thinking that the tones don't match enough but I wouldn't know how I can make her paler in front without ruining the lighting's natural transition because the shadowing spills behind the light and expands. I'm not sure if it was okay to just let the face take the impact of the lighting and let the shadows impact her back, the right (our right) side of her face and possibly her shoulder. I just want everything to look as natural as possible so I'd love some opinions on this.

May 04 14 03:14 pm Link

Retoucher

Ledo retouch

Lodi, California, US

I don't know why, but I can't see images from link

May 15 14 01:45 pm Link

Retoucher

Kami Fore

Ledo retouch wrote:
I don't know why, but I can't see images from link

Sorry! I think I deleted the older files. I edited the post with screencaps smile Let me know what you think! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post initially.

May 16 14 02:26 am Link

Retoucher

a k mac

London, England, United Kingdom

I think overall you've done a fantastic job. My suggestions are to back off the dodging of of the near cheek a touch (it's starting to look a wee bit 'painted') and to lighten the tone of the shoulder and arm to balance more with the face values. But leave plenty of fall-off around the edges of the arm/shoulder so that the body seems to emerge from the shadow. I also think you could try knocking out the bit of her chest that's showing.
But otherwise I think it looks excellent.

May 16 14 12:17 pm Link

Retoucher

Kami Fore

AKMac wrote:
I think overall you've done a fantastic job. My suggestions are to back off the dodging of of the near cheek a touch (it's starting to look a wee bit 'painted') and to lighten the tone of the shoulder and arm to balance more with the face values. But leave plenty of fall-off around the edges of the arm/shoulder so that the body seems to emerge from the shadow. I also think you could try knocking out the bit of her chest that's showing.
But otherwise I think it looks excellent.

Wow! Thank you so much. Seriously. I'm also going to make sure that I apply that to my method I use for my other retouches as well. My new approach is what I've been applying to my entire portfolio.

You just have to know when to scale back a little and retain the original image. Thank you so much for reminding me! I appreciate it smile

May 16 14 04:19 pm Link