Photographer

Gran Via 536

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

What do you think of the retouching on this, which bits need more work in your opinion and what works already? Thanks

http://huwjenkins.com/IMG_6714_pp_final.jpg

Please why cant I get [img] [\img] tags to work on this forum? What am I meant to use to show an image instead of a link? Appologies for such what seems a simple question

May 21 14 06:45 am Link

Retoucher

andresrey

Bogotá, Bogotá, Colombia

I think that you have to work on some details that seem ''insignificant'' but are sooo important,like remove that veins in the eyes,some spots in his skin and correct some diferences between colors. smile

May 21 14 08:35 am Link

Retoucher

Mike Needham Retouching

Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom

Is the blurred forehead straight from camera or your doing? If the latter I would remove the blur. Indeed the veins in eyes do need removing and perhaps more saturation under the eyes. Also I would remove the distracting flyaways on the side of hair and the strand at the top of the head, leaving those in the cluster alone.

May 23 14 05:57 am Link

Photographer

San Francisco, California, US

1. I agree concerning the stray hairs. The image left (the noticeable sticking out).

2. I "kind of" agree with the veins, what I recommend is to heal/clone it out on a separate layer and decrease the opacity to say 50%-ish. NO ONE's eyes are smooth white. Our "eye whites" called the sclera isn't white (#FFFFFF). It's more greyish white and depends on age and health of the person.

3. As for the blur, I am having mixed feelings, because if the image is meant for a theatrical headshot, the blur is a no-no. If, on the other hand, the image is meant as a portrait, I'd keep the blur.

I think you did a great work at photographing the model.

May 23 14 03:15 pm Link

Retoucher

Steven Burnette Retouch

Mount Vernon, New York, US

Gran Via 536 wrote:
Please why cant I get [img][\img] tags to work on this forum? What am I meant to use to show an image instead of a link? Appologies for such what seems a simple question

The reason image is not working is because of a minor mistake you have, it should be [IMG][/img] not [img] [\img]. You need a forward slash instead of back slash.

May 25 14 11:13 pm Link