Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Best Schools for Hair Styling?

Makeup Artist

JenniferChristineD

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hello,

I have recently completed a course in makeup artistry and found myself very successful within the last few months after completion.

I am looking to take a hair styling course. Preferably a diploma class which includes everything.

Does anyone have any recommendations for some great schools?

I am currently in the greater Toronto area but don't mind traveling if necessary.   

Thanks!

Jun 26 14 10:15 pm Link

Photographer

Faze1 photography

Lawndale, California, US

I'm interested to see this as well. Graduated from Paul Mitchell and I'm licensed but I feel like styling didn't exist at my school. Cut and color were its strong points there. That to me doesn't matter if you can't finish the great cut and/or color with a complimenting style. I was fortunate to be able to pay the $21,000 price tag cash. Now for the ones that can't it has gone up a little more since I've graduated. I would say small school and find a strong stylist you can assist. I have a lot of friends/classmates that are stuck with loans! You really learn when you leave school. School was great for what it was but I don't think you can learn all that you need in 1600 hours. It's just a starting point. Just my opinion. Waiting to see others input. Maybe it will help me as well. Lol.

Jun 26 14 10:43 pm Link

Photographer

Leonard Gee Photography

Sacramento, California, US

Vidal Sassoon seems reasonable. If you want the best, seek out the salon with the best Intercoiffure stylist members. Most of the members are better than average, but the very best are there also:
http://intercoiffure.com/
http://www.intercoiffure-mondial.org/

Diego Messina, Yosh, Horst Rechelbacher and Guillaume were all members. They used to teach constantly. Deigo still maintains the salon in Harvard Square, but don't know how much teaching he's currently doing. He normally trained all the salon stylists to his standards. Yosh has sold his salon in Maiden Lane, SF and is semi-retired.

The members in Toronto
Name     Salon     City     Country
Cosimo FRAGOMENI     Cos on the Kings Way Salon Spa.     TORONTO     Canada
Michael KLUTHE     Michael Kluthe Salon     TORONTO     Canada
Mary TRIPI     The Private World of Mary Tripi     TORONTO     Canada

Jun 27 14 09:14 am Link

Hair Stylist

Keila Sone

Harrison, New Jersey, US

Frankly beauty school is for people that want work at a salon setting or if your going into TV/film as they require a license pro. After beauty school and a lot money later you discover you need to keep paying thousands of dollars on advance class from cutting to styling,but they never really teach anything revolutionary,they basically drill in your head what your beauty school books says,because it take years to actually get it to point that is second nature. I took a Wella studio foundation styling class while I was working at MG since they pay for education,class teaches you core foundation like crossing pins building volume,proper back combing,and other tricks,but there you basically get creative and think out side box is the point of all these classes. Your better off apprenticing with a master editorial stylist as they will teach you step by step. Or buy Video classes

Jun 27 14 04:38 pm Link