Model

alexhager

Gig Harbor, Washington, US

Hello,

I have been having some difficulty styling my hair. I have medium hair currently. I am often complimented on my hair, so I'd love to emphasize on it with a good style. I have a few hair products but I am subpar at working my hair. Every time I style my hair I honestly have no idea what I am doing, even though I convince myself that I do haha. How do you style your hair? What are techniques, and how did you learn? I have my hair done for photoshoots and I'd love to know what they're doing!

Thanks!

Aug 04 14 11:38 am Link

Hair Stylist

Julia Savitskaya

Newport Beach, California, US

Get some pomade! I usually tell my clients to start with a little bit of product. put it in the palm of your hand and rub it like lotion to make it disappear then work it in your hair, just get all your hair THEN style and arrange and add more product little by little. Messy, to the side, slick ... maybe a bit more in between.  don't over think it. and men tend to be aggressive. sometimes just using the ends of your fingertips lightly to sort of "fluff" works too. I don't know if any of this makes sense...haha
Its so much easier to show...
Go to a nice salon and ask the stylist to teach you next time you get it cut. If they don't share, find another one. A stylist that doesn't share is not the one you want to have! I want my clients to rock my cut/style and be able to recreate it at home and be my walking billboard.

Hope this helps!

Aug 04 14 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

Noncho

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

With your hair should be fairly easy to try some different styles and pick up some that you like. If you are working on a project then it depends on the project style.

I have long curly hair and it's much more complicated smile

Aug 04 14 10:05 pm Link

Hair Stylist

rick lesser

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Your hair seems well cut in all your pictures.  Do you use the same hairstylist all the time?  I suggest you do because you want to build a good professional relationship with that person.  Let them know your needing to understand how to change up your style between cuts.  Next time you book your appointment tell the receptionist you want extra time to talk to the hairstylist about maintaining your cut, which products work better for your type of hair and what effect you will get when you use them.  That way you and the hairdresser will not feel rushed during the appointment.  You should always feel comfortable with the stylist and feel free to tell them what's working and what is not.  Let them guide you, they design the right style for your hair type and needs.  Building a great relationship with a hairdresser is key.  Also let them know your modeling so you need to maintain a consistent look. Good luck, R-

Aug 15 14 04:51 pm Link