Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Any professional Make-up DVD or tutorial?

Photographer

Iulia David

London, England, United Kingdom

I would really like to learn from a professional how it is the correct way to put the make up on a client.I have done it myself until now, but definitely not how I should.Many thanks

Aug 10 14 12:00 pm Link

Photographer

Thomas Van Dyke

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Iulia  David wrote:
...would really like to learn from a professional...

Very wise... that was my path... attended an institution which focused on training students to license as an esthetician... worked well for me... yes I got my license...

There is sooooo much more about makeup artistry than painting face... it is about understanding the canvass i.e. epidermis and all of it's attributes... additionally there is an issue with obtaining professional liability insurance...

That said my fav DVD's are TEMPTU's Airbrush Makeup 101; Beginning Airbrush with Terry Hill; Airbrush Repair and Maintenance with David Monnig; Aribrush from Scratch with Rapheal Schnepf, Your Makeup featuring Lutz Wesemann, Karen Kawahara and JoAnn Schlip; Professional Bridal Makeup by Aesthetic VideoSource; Minimum Makeu-up Maximum Impact - Beauty Therapy with Ramy Gafni,  My Makeup with Osxsnhave (14 models, 14 looks); Plastic Surgery without the Surgery by Eve Pearl, beaute made simple with Robert Jones

These are but of few in my library... I also cherish the dozens and dozens of tomes on the practice of skin care... it is by far much more in demand than makeup... When interviewing at Sephora the store manager shared with me that the lion's share of her revenue stream was from skin care product, and definitely not from makeup product... 

Best advice? get trained professionally... inquire locally to professionals in Corby, England as to where they received their training... there is no arguing with success...

Hope this helps...

Aug 10 14 03:55 pm Link

Photographer

Iulia David

London, England, United Kingdom

Thomas Van Dyke wrote:

Very wise... that was my path... attended an institution which focused on training students to license as an esthetician... worked well for me... yes I got my license...

There is sooooo much more about makeup artistry than painting face... it is about understanding the canvass i.e. epidermis and all of it's attributes... additionally there is an issue with obtaining professional liability insurance...

That said my fav DVD's are TEMPTU's Airbrush Makeup 101; Beginning Airbrush with Terry Hill; Airbrush Repair and Maintenance with David Monnig; Aribrush from Scratch with Rapheal Schnepf, Your Makeup featuring Lutz Wesemann, Karen Kawahara and JoAnn Schlip; Professional Bridal Makeup by Aesthetic VideoSource; Minimum Makeu-up Maximum Impact - Beauty Therapy with Ramy Gafni,  My Makeup with Osxsnhave (14 models, 14 looks); Plastic Surgery without the Surgery by Eve Pearl, beaute made simple with Robert Jones

These are but of few in my library... I also cherish the dozens and dozens of tomes on the practice of skin care... it is by far much more in demand than makeup... When interviewing at Sephora the store manager shared with me that the lion's share of her revenue stream was from skin care product, and definitely not from makeup product... 

Best advice? get trained professionally... inquire locally to professionals in Corby, England as to where they received their training... there is no arguing with success...

Hope this helps...

Thank you!

Aug 11 14 11:22 am Link

Makeup Artist

Kim Wood - MUA

Amarillo, Texas, US

Have you ever thought about having a mua teach you?

Aug 13 14 03:56 pm Link