Forums > Model Colloquy > Model FashionExpressionManagement (Scam or not?)

Photographer

Variouspix Photography

Clermont-Ferrand, Auvergne, France

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to check this out. I recently have been helping a friend get into a modelling career and she has gotten an e-mail from Model Fashion Expression Management, offering a very interesting job offer in LA (Ca) for 3 days in October. The management "company" is (apparently) based in the UK and offering £4,100 ($6,882 USD) for the job.

However, upon further research, and having gone on their website, I have discovered the following: Model Fashion Expression Management UK is not a registered UK company, and the address supplied on their website: http://modelfashionexpression.webs.com/contact-us is a vacant spot in a Manchester (UK) residential area. So their offices seem to be non-existing.

I am now addressing myself to all of you out there to know whether or not you have hear or worked with this company, or if this offer seems a little too good to be true?

With my thanks in advance,

Better safe than sorry! smile

Aug 11 14 07:05 am Link

Photographer

Kent Art Photography

Ashford, England, United Kingdom

It sounds very much like the Nigerian Cheque Fraud scam.  If you've never heard of it, google it.

There is no point on focussing on particular names, the scammers use real names and fake ones.  The best thing would be to look at the offer.  Is it too good to be true?  Is what they're offering how the industry operates?  If the answer is no, and it probably is on both points, then it's scam.

Aug 11 14 08:03 am Link

Model

Sandra Vixen

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Yeah, the fake check scam seems to be a popular one lately, watch out.

Aug 11 14 01:56 pm Link

Photographer

Variouspix Photography

Clermont-Ferrand, Auvergne, France

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. That's what I was thinking. Do you reckon we should try pushing this a little further and see where it leads? Or just give up?

Thanks again!

Aug 15 14 06:47 pm Link

Photographer

MatchStyles

Derby, England, United Kingdom

We cant be sure it is a scam, It Might NOT be!

Sep 11 14 05:08 am Link

Model

Magda Kulpinska

Paris, Île-de-France, France

Oh man, that name alone sounds scammy!

Sep 11 14 05:13 am Link

Photographer

Lallure Photographic

Taylors, South Carolina, US

When the name is fancier than it should be......beware.

Remember Ford Models is a simply name. So is Elite.

Sep 11 14 05:10 pm Link

Model

Rina St

Zagreb, Grad Zagreb, Croatia

Hello guys,
same here.
Recently received an email from modelfashionexpression about shooting in NY, and everything sounds pretty much too good to be true...very professional as well, which confused me...did anyone found out anything about this agency and it's validity?

Sep 29 14 04:12 am Link

Photographer

Kent Art Photography

Ashford, England, United Kingdom

Click on the Avoid Scams button on your 'mystuff' page, read all the information, and then decide.

N.B.  They would have to fly you to New York because there are, of course, no suitable models in New York that they could use.

Sep 29 14 04:50 am Link