Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > An experment in light painting

Photographer

FoxFire Photography

Rochester, Michigan, US

this scene is lit using a single led 6" panel.  Long exposure and layering.
thoughts?
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/36440258

Aug 18 14 10:30 am Link

Photographer

Lee_Photography

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/140714/08/53c3f9871bab6_m.jpg
-Loose the border and logo
-Instead of shooting straight on, move you and your camera toward the rear of the car so you are shooting at an angle.
[Looks like photo is tilted, note phone pole by rear spoiler]
Over all lighting looks interesting
Down side model is only a small part of the photo so it is not really show casing her

Wish you well

Aug 18 14 03:11 pm Link

Model

Sandra Vixen

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I think the car's body/paint is a bit too shiny/bright compared to the rest of the scene. So we are not sure what you want us to look at.

Otherwise it's okay. I think composition may need to be played around with some more.

Aug 18 14 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

David Kirk

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I like it, but I wish there was some light on the parts of the scene between the building and the car.  I realize that is not the most important part of the frame, but providing some additional light there would create a much richer image IMO.

Aug 19 14 01:02 pm Link

Photographer

FoxFire Photography

Rochester, Michigan, US

Awesome feedback, thank you.  I'm planning on shooting a series of these for a "Dream Cruise" calendar. I will take all comments into consideration.  @Lee - I'll loose the borders and logos for all calendar pages. I'll also watch angles on each vehicle.  I have to make the car "the star" so the model is played down a bit more than I would like.
@Sandra - Cool, I kept the car shiny to draw the eye, I'll look into taming. @David - I like the idea of adding some layer of light to the background, this should add some nice depth.

Aug 19 14 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

IMOP the car is the subject.  I like the lines on the car.  But a wide angle lens seems to create distortion.

I would move back off and use a longer lens.

I would place the camera at the level of the car and place the sensor orientated to perpendicular. Then crop at the bottom of the image.  Thus the top of the original image and the dark middle will be  minimized.

Aug 19 14 06:21 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

It seems to be a bit underexposed to me, just a little brighter.

Aug 19 14 06:33 pm Link