Forums > Newbie Forum > where is my casting call

Photographer

Jauve

London, England, United Kingdom

just filled out casting call form, clicked "next" and no sign or clue as to what happens next or where i can go back and review it or even find the thing.

thanks for any help

Oct 19 14 06:49 am Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Go to your profile page and scroll down a bit and you'll see it listed.

Huh? I just looked and with this "new view"!!!:-((((( crap it doesn't show, are you sure it got completed?

Oct 19 14 07:16 am Link

Photographer

Jauve

Nope - it's not there.
So not sure if it was completed, even though I did fill it out and clicked "next".

If I remember rightly it was due to start from tomorrow (Monday) but even so, I should be able to go back to check and revise it before it's out  - like with ebay listings.

Oct 19 14 07:48 am Link

Photographer

Dean Johnson Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Moderator Note!
There's a glitch with our new profile page that is causing this issue of castings not showing up.

That will be fixed asap. We apologize for the inconvenience.

By the way, here is a thread in the Site Related forum discussing the new profile pages.
https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=934320

Oct 19 14 07:59 am Link

Clothing Designer

GRMACK

Bakersfield, California, US

Yep.  The Casting link is busted somewhere in the new view.  It's been mentioned n the Site Related Forum under Feedback too.

I know one model, now in France for a week from USA, who had her itinerary (casting/traveling) setup for Germany next week.  Now that it's busted here, who knows how that will affect the world traveling models?  I'd be more than upset personally, especially if I were a site-paying model.

Oct 19 14 08:06 am Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Post hidden on Oct 19, 2014 09:48 am
Reason: not helpful

Oct 19 14 08:12 am Link

Photographer

Jauve

So when and how will I know my casting call is out?

Oct 19 14 09:18 am Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Jauve wrote:
So when and how will I know my casting call is out?

did you try to search for it?

Oct 19 14 09:28 am Link

Photographer

Dan K Photography

STATEN ISLAND, New York, US

GRMACK wrote:
Yep.  The Casting link is busted somewhere in the new view.  It's been mentioned n the Site Related Forum under Feedback too.

I know one model, now in France for a week from USA, who had her itinerary (casting/traveling) setup for Germany next week.  Now that it's busted here, who knows how that will affect the world traveling models?  I'd be more than upset personally, especially if I were a site-paying model.

go to my stuff and then on the left you can click on castings to see all your castings. The casting searches are not affected and I do not see how that will harm models.

Do people actually go to a models or photographers page to look at castings instead of just searching the castings?

Oct 19 14 10:50 am Link

Photographer

Jauve

Yep - it's not there.
Gotta feeling I may have filled in the Sponsored Casting Call instead of the Basic as there were prices showing at time of filling out - just nowhere to pay afterwards.  Still it'd be nice to have some way of correcting it, rather than just disappearing from sight.

Guess I'll try again with the Basic.

Oct 19 14 11:10 am Link

Photographer

Jauve

Confused.
Sponsored Casting Calls can be made by anyone but you have to be a member to make a Basic Casting?
So the benefits of being a member are that you can make a basic casting but it won't be as well placed as non-member's sponsored casting?
What are the benefits of becoming a member then when it comes to casting?

Oct 19 14 11:59 am Link

Photographer

Dan K Photography

STATEN ISLAND, New York, US

Jauve wrote:
Confused.
Sponsored Casting Calls can be made by anyone but you have to be a member to make a Basic Casting?
So the benefits of being a member are that you can make a basic casting but it won't be as well placed as non-member's sponsored casting?
What are the benefits of becoming a member then when it comes to casting?

Well you have to be a member not paid member to make a casting. So you get free castings.

A member or non member can pay for a sponsored casting. Think of it like a google search. You have paid searches at the top and free castings under them.

Oct 19 14 12:11 pm Link

Photographer

Jauve

So does anyone know, in the scheme of things whether it's worth going for the sponsored casting?
How do you decide which to go for and based on what?

Oct 19 14 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Jauve wrote:
So does anyone know, in the scheme of things whether it's worth going for the sponsored casting?
How do you decide which to go for and based on what?

thats up to you to decide.
you can read what the benefits are in the casting call section.

please read all the site rules and post in the appropriate forum.
https://www.modelmayhem.com/help/rules/forums

if you have a lot of questions about how this website works, you should check out the "site related" section:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/t.php?forum_id=4

also check out the FAQ / stickies on the top of the forums to avoid asking stuff other people have already asked 1000 times.

Oct 19 14 01:52 pm Link