Forums > MM Market > Photo Gear > FS:Lomography Petzval 85 mm F/2.2 Lens For Nikon

Photographer

R Michael Walker

Costa Mesa, California, US

Petzval 85mm F/2.2 -$500 + $10 Shipping

The Lomography x Zenit Petzval Lens is a stunning reinvention of one of the first and greatest lenses of all time. Manufactured in Russia by Zenit, each lens is crafted from brass and features high-quality glass optics. The lens produces images with extreme sharpness, strong color saturation, artful vignetting and absolutely beautiful swirly bokeh backgrounds. Comes with everything I received when I bought it new back at the end of August. 

For more info check outlier site at http://shop.lomography.com/us/petzval-nikon-mount-brass .

• Rebirth of a Legend: The Lomography x Zenit New Petzval Lens is a reinvention of the legendary Petzval Lens first conceived of in Vienna, Austria in 1840. This new lens allows both photographers and filmmakers to create unique images and videos.
• Premium Optics: The New Petzval Art Lens is crafted in brass and features premium glass optics. It is manufactured in Russia by renowned lens design company, Zenit.
• Lens Compatibility: This lens is compatible with all Canon EF and Nikon F mount analogue and digital cameras.
• Perfect Portraits: Photos shot with the Petzval Lens have a unique appeal because of its sharpness in the center, narrow depth of field and swirly bokeh effect. This lens is perfect for portrait photography because it keeps your subject the center of attention.
• Technical Specifications:
• Focal Length: 85mm
• Maximum Aperture: f/2.2
• Apertures: Waterhouse aperture set, up to F/16
• Image Circle: 44mm
• Field of View: 30 degrees
• Lens Mounting Profile: Canon EF and Nikon F
• Electronic Contacts: Nov
• Closest Focusing Distance: 1m
• Focussing Mechanism: Gear Rack Focusing
• Filter Thread: 58mm
• Image Circle: 44mm
• Package includes:
• Used EX+ Petzval Lens
• Petzval Book
• 7 Standard Aperture Plates
• Cleaning Cloth
• Leather Pouch
• Brass Lens Cap

My wife devised the leashes you see for the Waterhouse aperture plates. Just attach one end to your favorite plate (I chose the widest 3) and attach one end of the leash to it and the other to your camera. I chose the neck strap connector as I use a camera strap that screws into the tripod socket. It's a little somehitng extra you wouldn't get with a new version. And thought I SHOULDN'T have to say this..the camera pictured in that example pic is NOT included in this auction.

PS..why am I selling it after only 2 months? I’m 64 and Diabetic and my eyes are just not what they used to be. While I shoot all Manual for the exposure functions on my Nikon I DO use Auto Focus. This is a manual focus lens. It has a razor thin depth of Field at F/2.2-4 so getting things sharp where you want them was a challenge for me. If you stop down to F/8-11 things are very sharp and surprisingly easy to focus (Outside anyway). But then you get only soft edges not the swirly Bokeh I bought it for. That happens at F/2.2-4. If your eyesight is good you will enjoy this lens.

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA0MFgxNjAw/z/N2MAAOSwGWNUWYf3/$_57.JPG

Nov 12 14 02:19 am Link