Forums > General Industry > Infatuation Talent - Real or Scam?

Model

Indasia Summerfield

Portland, Oregon, US

I was searching talent gigs and it ended up with me and a few other girls on a conference call. I was selected to do one of their upcoming events but since I don't have an agent they're having me apply on http://infatuationtalent.com . Have any of you guys heard of Infatuation Talent? If I apply I have to pay $97 bucks plus it says $25 monthly fee. Is that normal? They offered to pay my way their and a contract but I'm not willing to pay the money to apply if this seems weird. Please let me know ASAP what you think about this.

Nov 20 14 10:23 am Link

Photographer

Roy Hubbard

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, US

Smells pretty bad.

Their site is broken and displaying error messages. Their About Us page is riddled with horrible grammar. Agencies are supposed to make money from clients, not from their models. The name was the first thing that struck me, doesn't even sound like a brand I'd take seriously (not a serious criteria but...). No references to them anywhere except their own domain.

I like how the sole menu item in their Apply drop down is just FEE in all caps.

Nov 20 14 11:41 am Link

Photographer

Marco R

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

It looks like a scam. Everything looks fake - the casting mentioned refers as published, but by whom? The Contact link is empty, the Support tab, Permission link just seems odd and the agreement you have to accept while paying is just B.S.

You might endup with a monthly $25 bill forever and no service - run!

Nov 20 14 12:16 pm Link

Photographer

Lallure Photographic

Taylors, South Carolina, US

No.......not a normal process at all.

Nov 20 14 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

Gee -- I thought agencies were supposed to find models paying jobs.  Money should flow in that direction only.  What are the chances of them taking your money & depositing it, and that's it -- no jobs, just a debit to your credit card every month?

It doesn't sound legit to me.

Nov 20 14 02:19 pm Link

Model

Indasia Summerfield

Portland, Oregon, US

Thank you everyone who responded. I felt a little sketch but I wanted someone to reassure me. The grammar used on their website totally threw me off. Also the fact that some of their pics were blurry and they had a testimonial from a guy named "Danny" and the guy I talked to was named "Daniel".

Nov 20 14 05:11 pm Link

Model

Sandra Vixen

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

In my honest opinion (and my opinion only) that site reeks of scam for the following reason:

They are asking you to pay them to work.

Now, I know there are sites and companies with internships where you pay to work but if someone said they wanted you and then asked you to pay them, I would be highly suspicious.

Nov 21 14 11:11 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

The speculation in this thread is all well and good but there is no substitute for proper research:

So let's do a little research on Infatuation Talent LLC and look at one of the infatuationtalent.com castings - - - Neiman Marcus

http://infatuationtalent.com/castings/i … arcus.html

On that page there are two images and a video NONE of which are actually hosted on the Infatuation Talent LLC website - but they are linked in from elsewhere on the web:

MN store image source = http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/threa … marcus.jpg

NM The Book image source = http://i.models.com/i/db/2014/9/294407/294407-800w.jpg

video NM advert 2012 source = https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p … Swta7quyuo

This is the same as = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSwta7quyuo
which is in fact an actual Neiman Marcus verified YouTube business presence.

Considering that Infatuation Talent LLC are linking everything in and in particular one image [NM The Book image] is being pulled [linked] in from models.com and models.com has a directory of agencies, and other talent related reps, associated with their own site I looked to see if "infatuation" is listed anywhere on the models.com site - no they are NOT!

Infatuation Talent LLC's address as given is:
Infatuation Talent
1800 Century Park E, Suite 600
Los Angeles, CA

and so they are 1) California based and 2) they declare and hold themselves out to be an agency - from:

http://infatuationtalent.com/j-content/about-us.html

The Senior staff with over 120 combined years experience in modeling, music, entertainment and the fashion industry, influences stretch from Atlanta Music to New York Fashion and Hollywood film.  Started and operated by Mike Berkowitz, Infatuation Talent has become the fastest growing hybrid (online-landbased) agency in the U.S.  Trading on his experience under Fred Specktor and Ari Emanuel His staff only deals with top tier clients large and small when it comes to booking your work. In the strictest since we are an agency, because we do provide opportunities to talent and in some cases represent them.  But we also have a management division that personally guides the career of some of the biggest names in the industry.

Now let's see if they have a California license - as they should have
https://www.dir.ca.gov/databases/dlselr/talag.html
[enter their name] + search

and you get this
https://www.dir.ca.gov/databases/dlselr … field=Name
Talent agency license database
No records match the criteria you have entered.

SO, OP, HERE YOU HAVE THE DEFINITIVE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION!

Studio36

EDIT: Just a by-the-by I'm sure that Neiman Marcus and some of the other brands featured in their castings would be extremely interested in how their names, goodwill and trademarks are being used by this bunch.

Nov 22 14 03:45 am Link

Photographer

John Horwitz

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

When you see this "The Senior staff with over 120 combined years experience..."

remember - 6 idiots have a combined IQ of 300!

Nov 22 14 04:51 am Link

Model

Alicia Vena

Syracuse, New York, US

I also received a email from them about a shoot with Christian Dior. While speaking to a guy name Steph he said that since it was such short notice, I'll have to complete the app and pay the fee. He said normally the fee would be taken out of my pay but again with such short notice it wouldn't be able to be taken out of my pay. So his assistant sent me a text with a link and it took me straight to the app. I also google the company and the website barely have anything on it. So the assistant text me again asking did I finish the app and I told her that I will have to decline on the opportunity. So the guy Steph called me asking me why. He's like that's kinda strange to pass up this opportunity. So I told him that I was busy during the time the shoot may take place. But yea I think this company is a scam.

Jan 06 15 09:23 am Link

Photographer

Dan Howell

Kerhonkson, New York, US

not only that…their name is just horrible for a talent/model agency.  You might as well call it: Model Stalker Central

Jan 07 15 07:00 am Link

Model

Virgo Syren

Detroit, Michigan, US

I also received an email, actually just 30 minutes ago from a Gary Norton:

Interest in modeling contract offer for Tierr LeBean
View this email in your browser

Contract Offer
Atten: Tierr
Jediva Magazine has expressed an interest in using you for the Christian Dior ad project. Please reply or have your agency reply if interested contact [email protected] or call 888-575-6511 and choose option 2 ask for Seth.

Infatuation Advanced Talent one of the country's fastest growing agencies
Copyright © 2015 Infatuation Advanced Talent, All rights reserved.
We received your email about a previous job

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

----Caught me off guard a little. Then checked out the website, in my opinion as soon as I saw the site it reminded me of another "agency" that contact me called something else, but cant remember the name. Site has same concept and it also had a fee.

Jan 08 15 01:25 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

Jan 08 15 06:23 pm Link

Model

Kenyatta

Washington, District of Columbia, US

It does seem weird. I just got off of the phone with them and it just doesn't seem right. A sucker is born everyday but not me. I remember Tyra Banks saying no one should ask you for money if they want you. Run for the hills I did.

Jan 20 15 11:11 am Link

Photographer

Ruben Sanchez

San Antonio, Texas, US

Indasia Summerfield wrote:
If I apply I have to pay $97 bucks plus it says $25 monthly fee. Is that normal? They offered to pay my way their and a contract but I'm not willing to pay the money to apply if this seems weird. Please let me know ASAP what you think about this.

That's a scam.  All they want is your money. Don't sign a contract, as you'll have to pay them the money if you do, and nothing will guarantee that they will get you paying jobs.

Jan 20 15 11:24 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

If I apply I have to pay $97 bucks plus it says $25 monthly fee.

If they want to hire you, why do you have to pay them?

For $50, I'll tell you why this is a scam.

Jan 20 15 12:56 pm Link

Photographer

Eye of the World

Corvallis, Oregon, US

Virgo Syren wrote:
I also received an email, actually just 30 minutes ago from a Gary Norton:

<snip>

----Caught me off guard a little. Then checked out the website, in my opinion as soon as I saw the site it reminded me of another "agency" that contact me called something else, but cant remember the name. Site has same concept and it also had a fee.

Was that a real email to an email address, or a Model Mayhem message? (since I don't see you have an email address posted here). If it was the second you need to CAM them.

Jan 20 15 01:14 pm Link

Model

Starburst

MILILANI, Hawaii, US

Hey there smile
I actually have an agent who did not seriously even entertain the idea of contacting "Seth", "Garry," or "Laura" from Infatuation. He was dismissive of the company's approach stating "this is most likely a scam as modeling agencies, Magazines and/or Dior does not randomly select models that were not submitted. They way you can tell for sure is when you speak with them they try and charge/sell you something."

Jan 21 15 10:12 am Link

Model

Bronzythemodel

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I was searching talent gigs and it ended up with me and a few other girls on a conference call. I was selected to do one of their upcoming events but since I don't have an agent they're having me apply on http://infatuationtalent.com . Have any of you guys heard of Infatuation Talent....

I'm going through it now.....they want me to do the same thing......but I told them no thanks....I will gladly get my own agency.......for Christian Dior down in Miami next month....

Jan 22 15 01:02 pm Link