Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Arnold Schwarzenegger

Photographer

Schlake

Socorro, New Mexico, US

In an effort to try and catch up on pop culture stuff that I'm missing, I've decided to watch a movie called The Terminator.  It looked like there were three sequels to it as well.  So I bought the whole lot of them on DVD and I plan to watch them Wednesday or Friday of this week.

But the wikipedia page doesn't list Salvation as a credit for Arnold.   Is he not in that Terminator movie?  Is this movie still part of it all?

Nov 24 14 03:46 pm Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

His likeness is in it.  I don't recall if the actor himself is in it or if it was all just CGI.

Nov 24 14 03:48 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Schlake wrote:
But the wikipedia page doesn't list Salvation as a credit for Arnold.   Is he not in that Terminator movie?  Is this movie still part of it all?

Yes, it's part of the franchise. Arnie is in it only so far as being CGI'ed (much like the celebrities were in Forrest Gump).

Nov 24 14 03:53 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

Good Egg Productions wrote:
His likeness is in it.  I don't recall if the actor himself is in it or if it was all just CGI.

Fake Arnold from what I rem

Nov 24 14 03:53 pm Link

Photographer

Tony-S

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

Schlake wrote:

At the time he was the governator, not the terminator.

Nov 24 14 06:10 pm Link

Photographer

A Preppy Photography

San Jose, California, US

Only Arnie's likeness was used in the movie, CGI imposition onto Roland Kickinger's body.

You remember, that German-speaking guy from Son Of The Beach at the turn-of-the-Century...

Nov 25 14 07:54 am Link

Photographer

Schlake

Socorro, New Mexico, US

A Preppy Photography wrote:
Only Arnie's likeness was used in the movie, CGI imposition onto Roland Kickinger's body.

You remember, that German-speaking guy from Son Of The Beach at the turn-of-the-Century...

Nope.  I've seen Arnold in Conan, and True Lies, and that one with his twin midget back in the theater.  No idea about Son Of The Beach.

Nov 25 14 01:05 pm Link

Photographer

Gianantonio

Turin, Piemonte, Italy

Good Egg Productions wrote:

Wait--at this point I thought Arnold was CGI...  big_smile

Nov 25 14 01:24 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

You are very late to see Terminator!   big_smile

Nov 25 14 01:25 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Bots

Kingston, Ontario, Canada

The Making of Predator (1987)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZuw4Dd56Po

Nov 25 14 05:45 pm Link

Photographer

Schlake

Socorro, New Mexico, US

I probably won't ever see Predator.

Nov 25 14 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Schlake wrote:
In an effort to try and catch up on pop culture stuff that I'm missing, I've decided to watch a movie called The Terminator.

Welcome to 1984!

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Next year Ronald Reagan is elected to a second term, Rock Hudson dies of aids, Madonna does her first concert tour, A movie called Amadeus wins the Academy Award for best picture, and Coca-Cola introduced a new recipe which they call "New Coke" and is marketed by Bill Cosby. and the winner of the Grammy for best song goes to Tina Turner.

If you're a betting man, bet on the 49ers over Miami, Kansas City over St. Louis in the World Series, and Spend A Buck will win the Kentucky Derby.

Nov 26 14 07:43 am Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

At a yard sale a couple of weeks ago I found an original and unused Harley Davidson leather jacket that fits me perfectly. It looks almost exactly like this one below. I got it for a song and a smile, along with an upgrade to my electric food slicer. It still has the new Harley Davidson brand spark plug that comes with the jacket in a small utility pocket.

https://www.beyondhollywood.com/uploads/2013/01/Arnold-Schwarzenegger-in-Terminator-2-Judgement-Day-1991-Movie-Image.jpg

I don't look nearly as bad-ass getting out of my 1974 powder blue VW bug with a little yellow bird on my shoulder.

Now I'm looking for square-toed boots with the steel ring strapped to the side to complete my ensemble.  There might still be room to wear my London Fog overcoat over the top (or under?), with my bucket hat. I need a nude model to pose and assist wherever this takes me. There should be some good photos here tongue

Nov 26 14 11:08 am Link

Photographer

Schlake

Socorro, New Mexico, US

Ok, I watched The Terminator today.

That movie stank of the 1980s.  The look, the music.  Arnold looked like a little kid.

But I was massively impressed with how good the cinematography was.  That movie was filmed well.

Now I'm watching Terminator 2.  I'm probably 30 minutes in.  The cinematography isn't impressive here.

Nov 29 14 02:32 pm Link

Model

CarlottaChampagne

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Terminator 1 is a low budget horror movie.
Terminator 2 is still one of my favorite movies ever (because lets face it, I was a pre-teen who thought John Conner was the cutest!).  It was entertaining, and well done and the special effects still translate well today. T1 is practically claymation-bad in comparison.

The more current Terminators are entertaining, but nothing to get excited over.

Dec 01 14 09:03 pm Link