Forums > Model Colloquy > I'm thinking about quitting my modeling dreams.

Photographer

Ima Goneski

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Chuckarelei wrote:
Op did not ask for critique here. Unsolicited critique is not permitted here in this section.

My
Appall Oh Geez.

As a former mod on a very active forum, I understand "rules is rules".  Feel free to delete.  I guess I sort of read into it a question that wasn't there.

Dec 05 14 02:56 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Austin

Austin, Texas, US

Moderator Note!
Kevin posted a Mod Note earlier.  Everyone please remember this is not the critique forum.  It is easy to get confused on threads like this since its hard to give the model advice without meaningful critique.  When that happens suggest the model start a thread in the Critique forum.  Unfortunately that often requires asbestos underwear as well.  sad

I am not going to beat anyone with a wet noodle.  The responses have been well-intentioned, respectively and helpful and the model has asked for critiques in the Critique forum.  I'm just going to leave things as they stand. 

Thank you everyone for keeping this a friendly, helpful thread.

Dec 05 14 03:14 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Elyse Nicole Craft wrote:
Sad, but I am not getting any opportunities.

Hello,
I think it is a lot of work to be a self business, (model or actor.) The initial energy that it requires and then the subsequent energy and maintenance to promote yourself and look for work, (sales,) is high.

While maintaining your product, (you,) takes time too.

It is work.

Granted, for now I am doing it as an amateur I hope to do it professionally in the future.
Jen

Dec 05 14 05:44 pm Link

Model

Nadia Ruslanova

Tampa, Florida, US

Sad, but I am not getting any opportunities.

You have a good portfolio, I know MANY less attractive girls that live off of modeling. Be more proactive and take all kinds of opportunities, network...

Dec 05 14 11:27 pm Link

Model

Nadia Ruslanova

Tampa, Florida, US

DougBPhoto wrote:

"FYI, your competition works out, is super fit..."

Well damn it, now I'm regretting today's two doughnuts and the fact that I haven't really moved from my computer all day hmm

Dec 05 14 11:31 pm Link

Model

Nadia Ruslanova

Tampa, Florida, US

Light and Lens Studio wrote:
By limiting yourself to clothed only, you are severely limiting your marketability.

Very true.... 80% of my shoots usually require some kind of skin, be it a side boob, butt cheek or whatever. I'd say 90% of those eventually progress to full figure work.

Mostly, the shoots are progressive. Start with an outfit, take it off.. repeat

Dec 05 14 11:34 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Farrell

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Stupid rule about critiques....because that's what it takes to provide any information here.

Dec 05 14 11:57 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Hello op,

How do you feel and what do you think about the replies you are receiving here?

Jen

Dec 06 14 04:31 am Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

double post

Dec 06 14 04:31 am Link

Photographer

Jay Farrell

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Jen B wrote:
Hello op,

How do you feel and what do you think about the replies you are receiving here?

Jen

Elvis has left the building, I'd wager.

Dec 06 14 06:57 am Link