Forums > Critique > Portfolio feedback

Photographer

C A Bridges

Orange City, Florida, US

Hi! I'd love to hear some feedback on my port. I know what I think my strengths and weaknesses are, I'm interested to see if other people are seeing what I'm seeing, in case I'm spending too much time addressing the wrong things.

Dec 02 14 10:16 pm Link

Photographer

Hensley Photography

Duncanville, Texas, US

I like the variety, the sense of fun, the colors! The thing I would suggest working on is cropping to make the most of the story of the image. Sometimes you crop a little tight, losing an arm, sometimes a little loose with too much background for the subject matter. Eventually this will become second nature.

Dec 02 14 10:28 pm Link

Photographer

Lallure Photographic

Taylors, South Carolina, US

I see it as youthful experimentation.

That is fine, if your are shooting for yourself, but realistically, in the real world, you don't have level of freedom. You have to please clients, and you have to please art directors, both of which are demanding.

if you expect to get people to hire you, you better hope they have really young, art directors.

Dec 03 14 07:42 am Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Great sense of composition and the use of light! Kudos!!:-)

Dec 03 14 07:57 am Link

Photographer

C A Bridges

Orange City, Florida, US

Hensley Photography wrote:
I like the variety, the sense of fun, the colors! The thing I would suggest working on is cropping to make the most of the story of the image. Sometimes you crop a little tight, losing an arm, sometimes a little loose with too much background for the subject matter. Eventually this will become second nature.

Thank you! Up till recently I've been focused more on learning my gear and how to work with models. Next step, developing my style and learning to tell a story. I appreciate your thoughts.

Dec 03 14 11:17 am Link

Photographer

C A Bridges

Orange City, Florida, US

Lallure Photographic wrote:
I see it as youthful experimentation.

That is fine, if your are shooting for yourself, but realistically, in the real world, you don't have level of freedom. You have to please clients, and you have to please art directors, both of which are demanding.

if you expect to get people to hire you, you better hope they have really young, art directors.

I'm coming up on 50, but I think "youthful experimentation" covers it smile

Not planning on making a living at photography, so I just have to please me. But that doesn't mean I don't need to learn to be a demanding customer as much as I do a good photographer.

Thanks!

Dec 03 14 11:19 am Link

Photographer

C A Bridges

Orange City, Florida, US

GER Photography wrote:
Great sense of composition and the use of light! Kudos!!:-)

Thank you very much!

Dec 03 14 11:19 am Link