Forums > Newbie Forum > tagging

Model

Tattooed_fitgirl

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

What does it mean to be tagged in a picture? I see this on some of my pictures that they appear to be tagged in a group maybe?  Also if sometimes tags your picture with a message is there a way to reply to it?  Thank you !!!!

Dec 14 14 07:18 am Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

In particular I looked at the images of yours that were added to lists.
It doesn't mean anything.
Its not something that needs to be replied to.

If you want me to elaborate on how "lists", "tags" and "comments" are used, and abused I will.

Dec 14 14 08:15 am Link

Photographer

Flex Photography

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Welcome to Mayhem! smile

The term "Tag" here refers only to the short greetings people leave below your profile on your front page. What is left below the photos in your portfolio are Comments.
Lists are groups of images that someone likes, and you will see the titles to them under any of your photos that are listed. Click that title to go to that list. The author will show at the top.

There is no "standard" response to all those. Some people don't respond at all. Some respond with a Tag on the other person's page. (click their profile photo) Some people may choose to comment, in turn, on one of the other person's photos.
Depends if you want to be courteous, or start a dialogue.

Part of the role of Mayhem is networking.

Dec 14 14 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Tattooed_fitgirl wrote:
What does it mean to be tagged in a picture? I see this on some of my pictures that they appear to be tagged in a group maybe?  Also if sometimes tags your picture with a message is there a way to reply to it?  Thank you !!!!

The way MM uses the word "tag" is different than "tag" on Facebook.

On here, a "tag" is just writing a comment on someone's wall.

Regarding photos, someone can either write a photo comment, and the only ways to respond to that are to post a comment on the same photo yourself, or respond to that person by a tag on their wall or a message.     Photos can also be "listed" which is adding them to someone else's collection... you can also be "credited" in a photo as someone who participated in it.  (you'll see anyone who has you credited under your "credited photos" section.

Most people respond to tags by going to the other person's wall and posting a tag there.  (Think graffiti -- taggers, as opposed to an identity tag on Facebook.)

Dec 14 14 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

DougBPhoto wrote:
...Regarding photos, someone can either write a photo comment, and the only ways to respond to that are to post a comment on the same photo yourself, or respond to that person by a tag on their wall or a message...

If you post a reply comment on your own photo, the original commenter will never be notified.

Dec 14 14 05:24 pm Link