Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Gotta love Craigslist.

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

WTF???
As seen on CL:

Male photo assistant needed (downtown Las Vegas)
compensation: $350 daily
Male photo assistant needed to work for photographer assisting with female models on set. No previous experience necessary. Need a guy to help out with audition photos of female models trying out for bra ads. We take their audition photos. Need a guy to place your foot on the girls belly while she is lying on her back. Need you to mash her belly down with your foot to make her chest look larger doing the photo shoot. Your face or foot will not be in the pics. Heavy guys with big feet are a plus. Models are photographed from the chest up. Full time work available. Also need someone that can travel around country to do this with us on a regular basis. The pay is $350 cash paid daily. This job is currently located in downtown Las Vegas.

Feel free to post weird and funny photo/modeling  gis that you've seen.

Dec 27 14 11:37 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

SayCheeZ!  wrote:
WTF???
As seen on CL:

Feel free to post weird and funny ones that you've seen.

I posted this on facebook today too. There have been several ads popping up in the Las Vegas craigslist that are obviously fake. My bet is this is one of them.

Dec 27 14 11:58 am Link

Photographer

Nor-Cal Photography

Walnut Creek, California, US

Thanks!  I just applied for the job.  Will need to gain some weight, though.  Gotta go and load up on junk food.  Bye now!

Dec 27 14 12:02 pm Link

Model

D A N I

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

Is it bad that the only thing that bothered me is some fat guy putting his feet on models? Gross, smelly, sweaty feet. Ewww, like day old corn chips that sat out in the sun too long

Dec 27 14 01:26 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Nor-Cal Photography wrote:
Thanks!  I just applied for the job.  Will need to gain some weight, though.  Gotta go and load up on junk food.  Bye now!

me too. maybe we can carpool since you're just a few miles away. wink

p.s. this thread should be in off topic

Dec 27 14 01:26 pm Link

Photographer

Nor-Cal Photography

Walnut Creek, California, US

Danielle Reid wrote:
Is it bad that the only thing that bothered me is some fat guy putting his feet on models? Gross, smelly, sweaty feet. Ewww

Come on now!  I will put on clean socks.  And I take a shower every few months so my feet aren't that bad.  smile

Dec 27 14 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

Mantographer

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Not sure if fake or foot fetish work?

Dec 27 14 07:45 pm Link

Model

D A N I

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

Nor-Cal Photography wrote:

Come on now!  I will put on clean socks.  And I take a shower every few months so my feet aren't that bad.  smile

Feet in general are gross. I hate even looking at feet. They are all disgusting.

Dec 27 14 07:49 pm Link

Photographer

RacerXPhoto

Brooklyn, New York, US

The Foot Fetish peeps are gonna tear Ms DR a new one
( I know exactly what you mean though)wink

Dec 27 14 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

Kev Lawson

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Moderator Note!
Moved to OT.

Dec 27 14 09:25 pm Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

There was this little gem on Craigslist today:

Spirit Trade with Stranded Healer

Visiting Reiki Master and Massage Extraordinaire is semi-stranded(broke) here in vegas at my step-sister's place.....had unexpected car repair and it wiped out my travel budget.....so now i'm trying to raise money to get other family in St.Geoge for new years.....

my talents include...

foot reflexology...... simply put... i give the best foot this side of the rockies....

Therapeutic Massage.... i combine several different modalities to give what is best called an "unwinding"
i don't have one style that fits all.... it's what your body kneads on that given day.....

have table clean sheets bolsters.....

Reiki I & II Atunements / Boosters....

Tarot Reading / psychic services....

my usual rate is $90 for a 60-75min session.....

open to trading for cash, fuel, black american spirits, 420, and or high quality meat for my sister's freezer.....

can and prefer to host as i don't know my way around town that well.....

This one has so much fail in it I don't even know where to begin. My favorite part is how he's a psychic, yet he didn't foresee his going broke and being stranded, did he?

Dec 28 14 11:42 am Link

Photographer

L O C U T U S

Bangor, Maine, US

Danielle Reid wrote:
Is it bad that the only thing that bothered me is some fat guy putting his feet on models? Gross, smelly, sweaty feet. Ewww, like day old corn chips that sat out in the sun too long

hahaha day old corn chips??
HAHAHA YOU ARE A RIOT DANIELLE smile

Dec 28 14 11:54 am Link

Photographer

Evan Hiltunen

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

A local, professional (there were no links to his work so I have to take his word for it) photographer recently posted an ad on CL looking for models, was paying $20 an hour, and included a free massage.

It was the massage part that made me giggle.

Dec 28 14 12:00 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Evan Hiltunen wrote:
A local, professional (there were no links to his work so I have to take his word for it) photographer recently posted an ad on CL looking for models, was paying $20 an hour, and included a free massage.

I saw a photographers business card where he listed his services offered :"Wedding/Engagement Photos, Children's Photos, Boudoir Photos, Nude/Erotic Photos, and Massages". Not sure if you get a discount for multiple packages.

Dec 28 14 01:46 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

Ever notice photographers advertising their availability for a wide range of services and they don't include any photos? 

Evan Hiltunen wrote:

I can't hire models from Craigslist.  I can't compete with the $1,200 to $5,000 per session that others offer to pay and some models are demanding.

Dec 28 14 02:23 pm Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

A fellow photographer friend of mine here in Vegas frequently laugh about the stupid calls we get from potential clients or ads we see online. She just forwarded this one to me that was posted on craigslist a few weeks ago:

TITLE: Photographer Wanted - January 20-22 - Business Conference

Our company requires a local Photographer *LAS VEGAS BASED* for a business conference taking place January 20-22 at a Hotel on the Las Vegas Strip.

Schedule:

Tuesday: January 20, 2015 (9:00 AM to 6:00 PM)
Wednesday: January 21, 2015 (8:30 AM to 5:30 PM) and (7:15 PM to 11:00 PM)
Thursday: January 22, 2015 (8:45 AM to 5:00 PM)

Photographer must have a digital camera.

We require numerous photos of the audience, speakers, exhibitors. If you can also take short video clips, that would be a plus but must be on a tripod.

The main event runs January 20-22 from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM all three days. Lunch will be provided. Total compensation is USD $ 600 for the work (paid in cash).

Please e-mail the following:

1) Your name
2) Your telephone number
3) Your email address
4) A brief list of your work experience.
5) Name and Model of your Digital Camera (Year purchased as well)
6) Advise if you can do video.
7) A website link showing some photos of your work is a plus.

Photographer must live in the Las Vegas area. You are responsible for your own transportation & parking expenses.

Photo needs to be transferred onto a portable Hard Drive or DVD. We will provide the portable drive upon arrival at the event.

Please do not include an attachment with your email.

For those of you doing the math, that's 32 hours of coverage, one day of which is a 14 1/2 hour call day and they want video also, all for 600 bucks. That breaks down to  $18.75/hour and they won't even reimburse you for parking, which at many conventions can be $15-20/day if the venue doesn't have free parking. My favorite part though is where they ask for the year your camera was made. Oh you just gotta love it!

Dec 29 14 01:08 pm Link

Artist/Painter

ethasleftthebuilding

Key West, Florida, US

Shot By Adam wrote:
A fellow photographer friend of mine here in Vegas frequently laugh about the stupid calls we get from potential clients or ads we see online. She just forwarded this one to me that was posted on craigslist a few weeks ago:

For those of you doing the math, that's 32 hours of coverage, one day of which is a 14 1/2 hour call day and they want video also, all for 600 bucks. That breaks down to  $18.75/hour and they won't even reimburse you for parking, which at many conventions can be $15-20/day if the venue doesn't have free parking. My favorite part though is where they ask for the year your camera was made. Oh you just gotta love it!

...and they probably got a number of willing "photographers".  LOL

Dec 31 14 10:40 am Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Los Angeles, California, US

Interested

Dec 31 14 10:44 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Danielle Reid wrote:
Feet in general are gross. I hate even looking at feet. They are all disgusting.

Feet need love too.

Dec 31 14 10:56 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Anyone want to go shoot a wedding for free?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/crg/4827232595.html

Jan 01 15 09:41 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Jan 03 15 10:43 pm Link

Photographer

Instinct Images

San Diego, California, US

Evan Hiltunen wrote:

Modeling can be very stressful it's very considerate of him to offer to help the models relax.

Right?

Jan 03 15 11:01 pm Link

Photographer

Evan Hiltunen

Instinct Images wrote:

Modeling can be very stressful it's very considerate of him to offer to help the models relax.

Right?

You are correct, sir.

I wonder if the massage includes a free facial?

Jan 04 15 06:08 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Oh the hits just keep on comin'....

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/crg/4832048546.html

Jan 04 15 05:31 pm Link

Photographer

Evan Hiltunen

Shot By Adam wrote:
Oh the hits just keep on comin'....

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/crg/4832048546.html

I'll see your bet and raise you one Human Carpet:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/t … 76120.html

Jan 04 15 05:57 pm Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Evan Hiltunen wrote:

I'll see your bet and raise you one Human Carpet:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/t … 76120.html

Yeah, that was definitely an interesting one..

Pays good $60.00/25 min

How did he come up with that pay rate? 25 min?

Reply with at least 1 line about yourself also your age,city you live in,phone best time to call and 4-full body pics of yourself so i know your real

Yeah, because he really needs those four photos so he "knows you're real". mmmmkay!

Jan 04 15 09:05 pm Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Anyone care to shoot a wedding for free? Well, it's not really free, because you get to keep the photos you just shot! The best part is, they are having their wedding at a country club yet cannot afford a photographer...

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/crg/4836088216.html

Jan 07 15 06:06 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Some of these gigs just amaze me. These guys are crowd funding a theme park. They want a professional photographer to shoot for their ad and media campaigns and you must be good at "photo shop". Pay is $100/day

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tfr/4810309322.html

Jan 12 15 09:53 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Alannah The Stylist

Danielle Reid wrote:

I thought I was the only one!

Jan 15 15 07:07 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Alannah The Stylist

Here's a pretty mean spirited CL post:
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cr … 36118.html

They are paying $1 for photos of homeless people.

Jan 15 15 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Alannah Jones Styling wrote:

LOL... I love this disclaimer:

*due to the large number of homeless, we have to reduce our pay from 5 dollars each photo to 1 dollar each.

So basically, they have been doing this for a while and, well, because there are just so damn many homeless people to photograph!

I also like the part where you send them photos and, "if approved" then you get paid. Shooting homeless people, on spec, for a buck.

Jan 15 15 07:22 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Alannah The Stylist

Jan 15 15 08:40 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Alannah The Stylist

Shot By Adam wrote:

So basically, they have been doing this for a while and, well, because there are just so damn many homeless people to photograph!

I also like the part where you send them photos and, "if approved" then you get paid. Shooting homeless people, on spec, for a buck.

So shitty!

Wardrobe Stylist

Alannah The Stylist

Shot By Adam wrote:

NVM

Wardrobe Stylist

Alannah The Stylist

Shot By Adam wrote:

Whoever wrote the ad is a really shitty person.lol.

Jan 15 15 08:41 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Bots

Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Rochester, NY  -- it's been up almost a month.

Wedgie Girls Wanted
http://rochester.craigslist.org/tlg/4814902462.html
  seems related to this ad
http://rochester.craigslist.org/tlg/4814902917.html

Jan 17 15 07:12 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

This one showed up today. Ads from GWCs are posted all the time but the last sentence in this one I thought was pretty funny:

I'm a beginner photographer based in Las Vegas. Currently working on a website which contains various material.

I'm looking for the following:
Amateur women who are willing to pose for photos, both naked and semi-clothed. Ideally, women between the ages of 30-50, of all shapes and sizes. Younger women are also needed. If you're young, you'll be asked to provide ID to prove your age.

If you think it's something you'll be interested in doing, please replay to this ad. Put 'LV model with your age'

Tell me a little about yourself and include a picture. We can arrange to meet and discuss the details. The place in which the meeting will take place is PUBLIC, for your safety and mine.

This is not an offer of or for prostitution. And, sex workers aren't wanted. I have a software which scans the Internet for pictures, and I'll find your picture if it's posted online.

Jan 30 15 04:53 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Bots

Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Another one,  with a bad habit..

"In response to the deaths of the Runions and other recent crimes involving Craigslist sales, Smyrna police Thursday announced “Operation Safe Sale,” inviting anyone selling or buying items online to use the police headquarters parking lot as a safe location for the transaction."

Police: Man killed during dog sale robbed another the day before
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/man-shot-a … ans/njzpW/

Purebred bulldog seller forced to kill man who responded to classified ad
http://www.cbs46.com/story/27981313/pol … z3QPuW92XZ

Jan 31 15 01:39 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Alannah The Stylist

Mar 02 15 03:12 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Craigslist wrote:
Accomplished photographer with own professional equipment needed to follow a single female subject six days per week. No editing required or allowed. Must be able to work with difficult and emotionally challenged subjects. This is an ONGOING job for those who can consistently produce quality photography.

compensation: $500 per 40 hour week

How accomplished can they be for those kinda wages?

Mar 02 15 09:54 pm Link