Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Lightroom Not Asking For Edit Type When Opening CS

Photographer

Park Avenue Pin-ups

Waverly, New York, US

When I right click on an image I am working on in Lightroom 4 to export to CS5 the program is no longer asking if I want to edit original, copy with adjustments etc.  It just stopped doing this after I re-opened a couple of images (Open Original) that I was working on last night.  I completely shut down my PC and did a cold boot as CS5 had seemed to get a little wonky on me too and thought maybe the system had gotten unstable after editing a hundred or so images.  Problem still not fixed.  Any ideas?

Dec 29 14 02:57 am Link

Photographer

Tulack

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

Are you working with jpegs?

Dec 29 14 10:10 am Link

Photographer

TerrysPhotocountry

Rochester, New York, US

With my old PC my editing would slow down. Then I would have to re-boot the PC. Now that I am running a SSD with 64 RM I no longer have that problem. Run a Disk Cleanup and then a Defrag. Then re-boot. That should help a litte?

Dec 29 14 10:52 am Link

Photographer

Tulack

terrysphotocountry wrote:
That should help a litte?

It would help Litghtroom to ask for edit type? And what "a little" means? It's going to ask every other day?

Dec 29 14 11:16 am Link

Photographer

Park Avenue Pin-ups

Waverly, New York, US

Tulack wrote:
Are you working with jpegs?

No working on raw files in LR then opening in CS5.

Dec 29 14 05:53 pm Link

Photographer

Park Avenue Pin-ups

Waverly, New York, US

Tulack wrote:

It would help Litghtroom to ask for edit type? And what "a little" means? It's going to ask every other day?

Wonkyness:  Scubby zoom greyed out so no function here.  Patch tool not deselecting when I touch my wacom pen to tablet after doing a patch...

Dec 29 14 05:56 pm Link

Retoucher

WSC

Park Avenue Pin-ups wrote:
No working on raw files in LR then opening in CS5.

It shouldn't ask you if you work with raws. Only if you work with jpegs or tiff. RAW file is not an image, so there is no original.

Dec 29 14 11:24 pm Link