Forums > Critique > Looking for a critique on this gallery

Photographer

MB85Photography

Jacksonville, Florida, US

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/3 … l#/A357214

This is a NWS shoot.

This was my fourth shoot with a model and one of my personal favorites. I was going for a natural lighting shoot in the park that made the colors pop in the background/kept the model in focus. I was hoping to see what others thought of this shoot (good or bad obviously) and see if I could get some pointers on anything you see that could be changed to enhance the photos.

Jan 04 15 09:11 pm Link

Photographer

Sennia Kyle

Seattle, Washington, US

Hmm, well, first thing that jumped out at me was the pants halfway down thing... it looks super tacky instead of cute and/or playful and should be cropped out.

As far as the technical aspects of the photos, they're not bad. It was a pretty day but she's a bit flat in most of them and gets kind of lost in the similar-colored and distracting backgrounds, and the mixed hard sun and shadows thing looks weird (either or would be better). #s 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9 you have branches growing out of her head; that could have been easily dealt with by taking a slight step to one side (or post). I'd also get rid of the people and stray stuff in the bg too but that's just me.

Overall the feeling I'm left with is "Quick pull your pants down while I take a picture in combination shade and harsh sunlight because no one is looking!!", instead of
"hey let's get some really nice photos of you in this pretty golden hour light".

Jan 05 15 12:28 am Link

Photographer

Images by MR

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

The lighting is horrible.   Next time place the model in someplace with even light.  I would have also shoot all those at f1.8 instead of f3.5 to blur the background,

No comment on her wardrobe

Jan 05 15 12:47 am Link

Photographer

Lee_Photography

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

First impression is you have a tree growing out of her head in most of the photos
The harsh light is not helping with the images either, use a scrim or shoot in open shade

Jan 05 15 06:59 am Link

Photographer

MB85Photography

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Thanks!

Jan 05 15 10:48 am Link