Forums > General Industry > Rates first or Inquire within?

Photographer

KBStudio

STATEN ISLAND, New York, US

How many of you guy's post on Craigslist or any wedding websites? And do you post your rates up or have the client inquire about your rates?

Pros Vs Cons!

Jan 11 15 10:01 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

Do wedding photographers charge the same rate regardless of the size of the wedding party?

Jan 11 15 01:10 pm Link

Photographer

KBStudio

STATEN ISLAND, New York, US

Looknsee Photography wrote:
Do wedding photographers charge the same rate regardless of the size of the wedding party?

I would assume most do!

Jan 11 15 02:42 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

Looknsee Photography wrote:

KBStudio wrote:
I would assume most do!

I really asked out of ignorance.  So, if my wedding party was a dozen people (close friends & family), that would be the same rate if my wedding party was a big elaborate affair with hundreds of people in attendance?  That doesn't seem right?

Jan 11 15 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Salem, Oregon, US

we always posted our rates. avoids the hassle of someone calling who only wants to spend $500.

our packages were based on hours of coverage and # of shooters, not size of wedding party. i wish we could have charged more for church weddings, though.

Jan 11 15 03:45 pm Link

Photographer

F O R B E S

New York, New York, US

Always leave rates open to negotiation. Some people might be fortunate enough to be able to pay you way more than you were asking for. Its good to ask the client what their budget is and then decide based on that.

Jan 11 15 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

Lallure Photographic

Taylors, South Carolina, US

Clients need to inquire about rates. Nothing is "standard" in photography, and quoting rates, beyond basic beginning rates, is pointless.

Jan 12 15 06:55 am Link