Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Who is "worse"? "name caller" or "cronic late"?

Model

Sandra Vixen

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Which person do you feel is "worse", like, would make you more angry or upset?

A. Someone who calls other people names or puts them down all the time?

B. Someone who is chronically late for appointments, like 1-2 hours late?

Jan 23 15 10:09 pm Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

Sandra Vixen wrote:

I don't believe I'd be acquaintences with either person.  Late, but kind, is better than on time and rude in my opinion.  However, both are largely unacceptable in my book.

Jan 24 15 12:22 am Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

Sandra Vixen wrote:

sticks and stones, etc...someone who makes me wait (especially in this age of instant communication) is utterly useless to me. the least case is just a general flake. the worst case is a borderline sociopath. neither of which are worth my time.

Jan 24 15 02:26 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

Sandra Vixen wrote:

Assuming the number of interactions with A and B are the same: I would grow weary of A much faster. 

15 minutes late on a regular basis is inconsiderate and poor planning.  1 or 2 hours late is self absorbed and rude.  Not great traits, but better than nasty.

Jan 24 15 05:40 am Link

Photographer

Jay Edwards

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

One can immediately deal with ''name-calling behavior'' at the time it occurs and put a stop to it.

One can not immediately deal with ''a wasted hour or two behavior'' and put a stop to it.

Give me the brash talker and I can find an immediate solution so I don't waste my time.

Jan 24 15 08:06 am Link

Artist/Painter

ethasleftthebuilding

Key West, Florida, US

I'd have the name caller have a talk with the chronic late person and see how it all works out.

Jan 24 15 10:05 am Link

Model

Kelli

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

B

Jan 24 15 11:47 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Hunter  GWPB wrote:
15 minutes late on a regular basis is inconsiderate and poor planning.  1 or 2 hours late is self absorbed and rude.  Not great traits, but better than nasty.

Yes.

However, I find being insanely late all the time to be worse than being rude. Not talking about people who get stuck in traffic and are 15 minutes past their scheduled time.

One of the first red flags in my most recent relationships (which just ended last Saturday) was that the person I was seeing was consistently an hour late for absolutely everything. He always had excuses, some of which seemed legitimate- but ultimately came down to the fact he had (very) poor ability to pay attention to the  clock and manage priorities. I was tolerant and accepting, but find that to be an absolutely foul behavior pattern.

Jan 24 15 11:57 am Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

Jay  Edwards wrote:
One can not immediately deal with ''a wasted hour or two behavior'' and put a stop to it.

Sure, you can. Don't buy into their delaying tardiness. Make contingency plans in advance  and go on zero hour.

Jan 24 15 12:26 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

One of my best friends has always been tardy. So much so that our circle of friends set up his very own time zone: Terry Time. It used to vary from two to three hours off of Pacific time. If we were meeting up at a dive site, we'd tell him a time three hours early, to account for all the details and hardware. If it was for a party, two hours early, so he could still be fashionably late.

For anyone else, this delay would have been intolerable, and it took a while to get used to Terry's habits, but the guy was so lovable, kind and fun, we needed to make adjustments or do without his company. We made adjustments. Terry Time.

This does not apply to anything related to photography. In a shoot, tardiness is a dealbreaker.

Personal abusiveness is unacceptable in a friendship and only marginally tolerable in a shoot. I'll put up with a model's cattiness to get the shot, though I'll likely avoid working with her in the future.

Jan 24 15 12:40 pm Link

Photographer

Lallure Photographic

Taylors, South Carolina, US

Chronic late.........absolutely. Not something I have much tolerance for.

I don't put up with running other people down too much, for no good reason, either, but I can simply say "enough!", and put a stop to that.

Jan 24 15 12:45 pm Link

Photographer

Managing Light

Salem, Virginia, US

Neither.

OTOH, I wouldn't know how late the chronically tardy person was, because I'd be long-gone well before the first hour was up.

Jan 24 15 02:02 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

Koryn wrote:

sad

Sorry.

Jan 24 15 03:29 pm Link

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Vineland, New Jersey, US

I'd much rather deal with the person who is always late, especially if they are generally pleasant to be around.

I can deal with them being late. If they are 2 hours late for everything, tell them the starting time is 2 hours earlier. If they say pick me up at 1 but you know they're not going to be ready until 2, pick them up at 2. If they complain that I'm an hour late, I just remind them that they're usually 2 hours late so I was compensating. If they don't want me to compensate, they should be ready when they say they'll be ready.

Jan 24 15 06:45 pm Link