Forums > General Industry > Cemeteries to shoot at

Wardrobe Stylist

Marquita Lopez

Huntington Beach, California, US

Hi,

Does anybody know of any cemeteries to shoot at in the Orange County, CA area?

Thanks!

Mar 03 15 05:34 pm Link

Photographer

Herman van Gestel

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands

Marquita Lopez wrote:
Hi,

Does anybody know of any cemeteries to shoot at in the Orange County, CA area?

Thanks!

Not recommended, not respectable...

how would you feel if somebody would perform something on your grandmother's grave?

Herman
www.hermanvangestel.com

Mar 03 15 05:37 pm Link

Photographer

Rays Fine Art

New York, New York, US

Herman van Gestel wrote:

Not recommended, not respectable...

how would you feel if somebody would perform something on your grandmother's grave?

Herman
www.hermanvangestel.com

and there may well be trespass considerations that could become both costly and embarrassing.  My opinion,(FWIW--there are plenty who disagree with me) is that it's better to ask permission than forgiveness.  Not everyone is as forgiving as your pastor.

Mar 04 15 11:51 am Link

Photographer

DeanLautermilch

Sebring, Florida, US

Findagrave.com has a place where people would be grateful if you took images for them since they can't visit.
I get requests at times.

Mar 04 15 12:27 pm Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

A graveyard is a final resting place for people's loved ones.  It's not a place for a photography session.

Even if YOU don't think it's a big deal, somebody does.  And isn't it worth the good karma to not disrespect any person who would be offended?

Mar 04 15 08:36 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

There's nothing there but dirt. We come from organic matter, we go back to organic matter. Grandma isn't there. This being said, you could get arrested, it is private property usually. Be nice, explain that it's for artistic purposes not something creepy and ask for permission.

Mar 04 15 08:49 pm Link

Photographer

mophotoart

Wichita, Kansas, US

first...would never use a cemetery for a model photo shoot....but have shot them for art sake....and many do...only used very very old ones that are not used for modern burial.....not to start a storm but you have people all over the world digging up  burial sites from 2000 years ago, removing the remains, study them, museums, so I do not think my photograph of an ancient church graveyard in any way disrespectful to the ones who have passed......an homage actually....Mo

Mar 04 15 08:54 pm Link