Forums > General Industry > Facebook Page or Website

Photographer

DY Phoenix Photography

Chicago, Illinois, US

For those who have both, do you upload all your images to facebook and all your images to your page?
Or do you do a couple to Facebook and then the rest to your own actual website?

What do you feel works best for getting traffic and PR?
How do you handle this?

Mar 06 15 05:01 am Link

Photographer

Bob Warren

Houston, Texas, US

Depends on what you.re doing, professionally and photographically.  If you are booking work, particularly on-line, or are selling prints, etc. - it's probably best to have a web site where you manage and deal with people in a space you control.

If you are doing, for example, model photography where your purpose is to show the work and promote interaction and networking, something like Facebook or another social media site is easier and has all the "community" functionality built in. 

It's tiough having both - just for the question you asked - what do you upload where?  If you are maintaining a web site, use social media to point to it and put one or two of the newest "teasers" on social media to bring the clients in.  Update the web site on a regular basis with a comprehensive update - don't treat the web site like social media and just throw crap up there.  You'll soon lose control of what you're using the web site fir and what purpose you are trying to achieve.

Mar 06 15 06:11 am Link

Photographer

Mark Ruddick

London, Ontario, Canada

For me the best go on the website. (They don't change as often) I post more of a set to Facebook. (e.g. If I have one great shot from a shoot it would go on the website but I might post 5 good ones to Facebook)

Mar 06 15 06:21 am Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Salem, Oregon, US

we get most of our work from our web site, craig's list or the old-fashioned way (knowing someone). aside from getting one wedding via a facebook ad i don't recall ever getting work from facebook. but facebook is a way to communicate with your models.

Mar 06 15 01:44 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

If you create photographs of the nude, you really can't display the images on Facebook.

FB is a social media site -- your website represents you.  If you are a business, your web site makes a better professional impression.

Mar 06 15 03:07 pm Link