Forums > General Industry > How to become a published model.

Model

Tasha Nicole

Los Angeles, California, US

I have been modeling for years and I have worked with so many different photographers, however I feel as if I am at a stand still in my modeling career. Does anyone know how you can become a published model without an agent?

Mar 27 15 06:44 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Work with a published photographer.

Mar 27 15 07:13 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

Location is a major factor but try to find photographers who are published.   If you want tear sheets then look around for the urban glamor shooters.   Plenty in the ATL.   Now the bad news.   Without a agent it may be very hard to get published in anything beyond urban magazines.   At 25 I suggest getting a basic acting reel together.   Consider some commercial photos also.

Mar 27 15 07:26 pm Link

Model

Jordan Bunniie

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

This helps.

Find someone whose been published, ideally in the publication you're looking at, tell them what your goals are with them and after you shoot, have them submit the photos to the magazine.

Mar 27 15 09:44 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

Basically.

Mar 28 15 05:46 am Link

Photographer

REMOVED

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Unless you have a written document in
which the photographer has transferred reproduction rights to you, you will be unable to publish anything, as you don't own the work.

Publishers pass on any material which could lead to copyright infringement litigation.

Unfair as this may seem, it is Federal Law,  only Congress has the authority  to modify it.

As others have suggested, seek out photographers with a proven track record of being published by those magazines which interest you.

Mar 28 15 01:56 pm Link