Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > The Best Liquid Foundation for Pro Kit

Makeup Artist

MeganCalfoMakeup

Los Angeles, California, US

Hello!

I'm looking for the best liquid foundation to add to my kit. I mainly work on photo shoots, so I have RCMA foundations, I love them! But, they are very heavy and can be a bit much to wear throughout the day. When I do makeup for weddings and events, I'd like to use a more comfortable, light weight foundation for my clients. So, I want to add a liquid foundation to my kit.

Any suggestions? Also, of course I can't afford to get every single color of a foundation, so which colors do you carry in your kits?
Or, if you do weddings and events, do you use cream makeup such as RCMA on your clients? I've worn RCMA for about 8 hours before, I even used the thinner to make it into a liquid. It is so beautiful on the skin, but I can definitely feel it. So I'm just worried about my clients being uncomfortable. For photo shoots, it really doesn't matter because they can just take it off at the end of the shoot.

Thank you!

Apr 10 15 03:32 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Sandra Nilsen

London, England, United Kingdom

Face Atelier is absolutely amazing! Great coverage, easy to build and manipulate for different skins and finishes. Some liquid foundations I find a bit limiting and I hate carrying a different foundation for every purpose, so FA is great! I think it is really comfortable to wear and doesn't feel heavy at all. I have 1, 4, 7, 9 and 11, as well as 0- and 0++. And then the Temptu adjusters. They have pro discount as well (AND pro sized bottles). It is really good for a "bridal glow" too smile

Apr 11 15 01:14 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ArtistryImage

Washington, District of Columbia, US

MeganCalfoMakeup wrote:
...liquid foundation... I mainly work on photo shoots...

MAC Face and Body is an industry standard...  It's a result of their latest research for an easy to apply yet professional grade liquid foundation... There are compelling reasons why MAC bundles this in their MAC Pro Student Kit...  It is easy to mix colors and there are only a dozen shades so no major investment is needed....  btw, the Pro Student Kit comes with N1 (porcelain) N9, C3, C6, and that's it...  They use a different color/shade system rather than their old NW & NC values...

MeganCalfoMakeup wrote:
...I have RCMA foundations, I love them! But, they are very heavy and can be a bit much to wear throughout the day...

Megan RCMA makes a superb Thinner which allows this oil base, high pigmented foundation to be sheared out to feather light... just a thought... and yes I use this quite often when the talent in my chair has excellent skin/complexion...

MeganCalfoMakeup wrote:
When I do makeup for weddings and events, I'd like to use a more comfortable, light weight foundation for my clients. So, I want to add a liquid foundation to my kit.

MAC Face & Body is ideal... it's build-able and very cost effective... you get massive amount in their container... best yet you only need a small amount... It's moveable also until it sets into a satin finish...  takes a lit' practice to get your head around how it works...

Best Advice? Get your MAC Pro Card then you'll receive a 40% discount which is amazing... best Pro discount in the industry! MAC seriously supports working professionals...

Food for thought... MAC Face & Body is indeed for use on the entire body since it's so light weight...  and this is a primary reason it is oft found on large budget photo sessions.... 

Hope this helps...
All the best on your journey...

Apr 11 15 06:09 pm Link