Forums > Model Colloquy > Model didn't show to shoot, wants pay..need advice

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

Her turning you in MM sounds like the least of your worries - sounds like a nutcase.

Keep all communications - because threats may be next - cause it sounds like she's already counted the money, or spent it in anticipation of getting it.    "You better pay me......"

Find a good model - work with her until she retires - because you know that at least she'll show up.  (sound advice)

Apr 11 15 07:46 pm Link

Model

Sabryna S

Doylestown, Pennsylvania, US

As others have said, it sounds like she doesn't understand what she's doing. No idea who this is of course, but I'm wondering if she has pulled similar stunts with other photographers before. Did she have some policy on her profile about canceling? Like if the shoot is canceled she excepts whatever percentage or money? Not saying she'd be excused or in the right  if so, but I'm wondering if she thinks that would count under her own policy/limitations, considering she is the one that typically canceled the shoot, since the whole concept needed that specific location and such. I hope I made sense with that question.
That really sucks that happened though...always check your references if it's a brand new model or someone you're not familiar with. Of course life happens, but this doesn't really sound like an accident on her part.

Apr 11 15 08:01 pm Link

Photographer

TerrysPhotocountry

Rochester, New York, US

4 hours late? I would have told her that if she were to just be 30 minutes late. No one would be here to great her.

Apr 11 15 09:07 pm Link

Photographer

DespayreFX

Delta, British Columbia, Canada

DougBPhoto wrote:
She could even have a "VIP" account on the site, makes no difference

Nah ,VIP's don't flake, everyone knows that! smile

Apr 11 15 09:08 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

AdrienneEichner wrote:
Model didn't show Thursday! ... Now, she wants full pay and is threatening to turn me in to mm!.... If she 'turns me into mm', what does that mean?! How do I fight?

I appreciate all advice!

I'd contact a mod before she does because sometimes models contact mods and tell them stories which causes the photographer to get banned, (ask Lumigraphics about this.)

So, contact the mod and ask them.

Good luck!!

Jen

Apr 12 15 08:13 am Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

First Light Photo wrote:
Be afraid, be very afraid! smile

Actually models have had photographers banned by telling stories and causing a doo doo storm. It seems that photographers are sadly considerede guilty just because a model, (batsh*t or not,) contacts them and cries.

Jen

Apr 12 15 08:15 am Link

Photographer

DespayreFX

Jen B wrote:
... a model, (batsh*t or not,) ...

Wait wait wait... your ppl come in a *not* batsh*t variety?!  smile
I just thought some where better at hiding it longer... smile

Apr 12 15 08:18 am Link

Photographer

WIP

Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom

Jen B wrote:

Actually models have had photographers banned by telling stories and causing a doo doo storm. It seems that photographers are sadly considerede guilty just because a model, (batsh*t or not,) contacts them and cries.

Jen

Not forgetting thrown in the brig.

Apr 12 15 08:35 am Link

Photographer

Photos_by_Stan

Youngstown, Ohio, US

You should have taken the horse to the hotel room ...
and told the manager that the model said it was OK to shoot there

Apr 12 15 09:13 am Link

Makeup Artist

DerbyFaceanBodyPainting

London, England, United Kingdom

Just ignore her. And keep all messages as evidence.  You haven't done a thing wrong.

Apr 12 15 09:43 am Link

Photographer

PhotoGenic Concepts

Natchez, Mississippi, US

GRMACK wrote:
Send her the bill for your hired help and site rental since she no-showed.

I agree, it you have or had a binding contract with this model and she was a no show, definately send her a bill to cover some of your loss. She is clearly in breach of contract. She may not pay but in the long run her actions will hurt her more than you.

Apr 12 15 09:46 am Link

Photographer

LA StarShooter

Los Angeles, California, US

I admire that you put together a shoot that had such complexity and interesting elements. You took a big hit when she didn't appear and people will often blame the photographer if things fall apart. Tell her that you're doing public relations work for her by telling everyone how great she is at not showing up. On the basis of what you told us you have nothing to fear from her.

Apr 12 15 01:07 pm Link

Photographer

Iktan

New York, New York, US

Photos by Stan wrote:
You should have taken the horse to the hotel room ...
and told the manager that the model said it was OK to shoot there

lmao

Apr 12 15 01:17 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

Gerardo Martinez wrote:
lmao

Laugh you may, but here in England it's been done - March 1954 - Roy Rogers and his famous horse Trigger in the Liverpool Adelphi Hotel

https://i4.liverpoolecho.co.uk/incoming/article8060605.ece/alternates/s615b/1844079.jpg

A news story about that visit here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/localhis … gers.shtml

Studio36

Apr 12 15 01:36 pm Link

Photographer

Jeffrey M Fletcher

Asheville, North Carolina, US

Jen B wrote:
...sometimes models contact mods and tell them stories which causes the photographer to get banned, (ask Lumigraphics about this.)

So, contact the mod and ask them.

Good luck!!

Jen

I think it's more of a male/female bias issue than a model/photographer one. And since the photographer in this case is female...

I could be wrong though.

Apr 12 15 01:41 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

DespayreFX wrote:

Wait wait wait... your ppl come in a *not* batsh*t variety?!  smile
I just thought some where better at hiding it longer... smile

Ha! Maybe?

WIP wrote:
Not forgetting thrown in the brig.

Yes, this too.

Jen

Apr 12 15 03:47 pm Link

Model

Niki Lee Young

New York, New York, US

Hello maybe you should get the facts straight. Yes I was running behind and asked if we could reschedule. She was unorganized the first time we shot as well as this time.She originally asked me to reschedule and said no. I tried texting and calling since she said we could reschedule for Saturday. Never answered my texts or calls until 12 hrs later. I am a professional and have a good port and resume to show this. I even tried getting a hotel room to at least shoot a couple of hrs since a hotel was the original plan. I would have made sure I was there no matter what if it was a big deal to her. At least I let her know I was running behind hrs in advance. She shouldn't have said we could reschedule then. Oh and her reasoning for not picking up the phone is food poisoning. I'm moving on now and you all have a great day. I will not be wasting my time reporting her I just wanted a response.

Apr 13 15 09:07 am Link

Photographer

DespayreFX

*thud*... oh look, the other shoe... smile

Apr 13 15 09:48 am Link

Photographer

Michael Bots

Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Niki Lee Young wrote:
Hello maybe you should get the facts straight. Yes I was running behind and asked if we could reschedule. She was unorganized the first time we shot as well as this time.She originally asked me to reschedule and said no. I tried texting and calling since she said we could reschedule for Saturday. Never answered my texts or calls until 12 hrs later. I am a professional and have a good port and resume to show this. I even tried getting a hotel room to at least shoot a couple of hrs since a hotel was the original plan. I would have made sure I was there no matter what if it was a big deal to her. At least I let her know I was running behind hrs in advance. She shouldn't have said we could reschedule then. Oh and her reasoning for not picking up the phone is food poisoning. I'm moving on now and you all have a great day. I will not be wasting my time reporting her I just wanted a response.

I have an 84 message string sitting in my mailbox - sample look links - lots of confirmations -  2 cancelations - first with 3 hours notice (food poisoning claimed) - rescheduled - 2nd cancel (feels sick) with 15 minutes notice.  Didn't see any further point.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway - she didn't show up for the shoot = no pay.

Apr 13 15 11:54 am Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

No matter who is right, who is wrong, or what the facts are, this thread is proof you should never air dirty laundry on MM. You never know who is right or who is wrong, and both sides can end up looking bad.

Word to the wise...

Apr 13 15 12:46 pm Link

Photographer

Amul La La

Yeah!
F# off, is my polite reply.

Apr 14 15 12:20 am Link

Photographer

Keith Moody

Phoenix, Arizona, US

No play no pay.  Why is this an issue?

Apr 14 15 12:32 am Link

Photographer

Darren Brade

If you're late, you miss the boat!

Apr 17 15 10:29 am Link

Photographer

fsp

New York, New York, US

Screw her! No shows don't get paid!

Apr 17 15 11:11 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

calistastyles

Palm Beach, Florida, US

Niki Lee Young wrote:

This really did not help your case.

Apr 22 15 09:51 pm Link

Photographer

Muskopf Photography

Dayton, Ohio, US

AdrienneEichner wrote:
I appreciate all advice!

It's always sad when I have high hopes for a model and they fall apart before the session.

I hope she's ok.

Apr 25 15 05:07 am Link

Model

Figures Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Mercy Lock request

One sided OP

https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post … st19312302

And the aired laundry reply

https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post … st19313820

Isn't this enough said?

Jen

Apr 25 15 09:11 am Link

Photographer

Michael DBA Expressions

Lynchburg, Virginia, US

Deep Visions wrote:
No show, no pay. It's that simple

+1

"turn you in to mm" is a completely empty threat, {{{{oh, I see there are reports to the contrary above; who knew?}}}} and merely demonstrates that she is both ignorant of how the world works and a complete moron to boot.

I recommend highly that YOU send HER and invoice for all the resources wasted because she didn't show. And absolutely put her on your own personal blacklist of "models to absolutely NEVER hire again." No, we don't want to see your black list.

Apr 25 15 09:24 am Link

Photographer

Mortonovich

San Diego, California, US

big_smile

Apr 25 15 09:56 am Link

Photographer

Sean Buie

Reno, Nevada, US

Niki Lee Young wrote:
Yes I was running behind and asked if we could reschedule...  I am a professional .

This made me giggle, especially given the production that was described wink

I've been confused since the OP, is this thread a "creative writing" parody or something? o.O

Apr 25 15 10:13 am Link

Photographer

ESR Photography

Austin, Texas, US

terrysphotocountry wrote:
4 hours late? I would have told her that if she were to just be 30 minutes late. No one would be here to great her.

This! I pretty much disregarded the initial post after reading it would be 'Okay' for the model to show up four hours late. Really?

Apr 25 15 10:21 am Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

GRMACK wrote:
Send her the bill for your hired help and site rental since she no-showed.

This

the result of her tardiness and no show it's her fault that the production failed. The attempt to reschedule or do a quickie hotel shoot is her trying to make it up, but too late, the damage is done.
Everything was in place and ready, she was the missing piece and you could conceivably send her any lost expense billing.

As far as turning you in to MM, LOL, tell her to try... I wouldn't worry or even give it a moment's thought.

Apr 25 15 11:06 am Link

Photographer

Casey J Porter

Orlando, Florida, US

The lesson to take away from this is work with a model on a large scale shoot that you've worked with several times before.  I shoot often with Stephanie Alicia # 2253456 but I've also used her for voice overs, interviews, etc etc.  Find people that demonstrate professionalism consistently and you'll be ok.  We've all had models that didn't have it together, and they're plenty of photographers that are just as bad.

May 07 15 08:13 am Link

Photographer

RacerXPhoto

Brooklyn, New York, US

Greg Kolack wrote:
No matter who is right, who is wrong, or what the facts are, this thread is proof you should never air dirty laundry on MM. You never know who is right or who is wrong, and both sides can end up looking bad.

Word to the wise...

Yup!!!
+100

May 07 15 11:44 am Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

calistastyles wrote:

This really did not help your case.

+100
Confirming the Blackmail Threat did just the opposite

May 07 15 11:46 am Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

Send her the link of this thread.

May 07 15 12:36 pm Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

Niki Lee Young wrote:

Regardless what it is.  You were late and failed to perform your job as a model.  You have the gut to ask someone to pay you.  That is pretty low.  It shows us how desperate and unprofessional you are.

May 07 15 12:43 pm Link

Photographer

DarkSlide

Alexandria, Virginia, US

Francisco Castro wrote:
There is something missing. What is she expecting to be paid for, and what are you worried that she will tell MM?

+1

If you can prove financial damages, then take her to small claims court to recover lost monies.

If you are being a drama queen because you're angry at the model, pissing here is a waste of energy.

May 07 15 12:43 pm Link

Photographer

Sleepy Weasel

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Niki Lee Young wrote:
Yes I was running behind ...

Niki Lee Young wrote:
I am a professional ...

The two above statements are conflicts.

Niki Lee Young wrote:
I would have made sure I was there no matter what if it was a big deal to her.

So you only show up if it's a "big deal" to the photographer(s)? Sounds like you cost some people money waiting for you. I guess they didn't tell you what a big deal it was.

Niki Lee Young wrote:
I will not be wasting my time reporting her ...

Yeah, that's probably a good idea.

May 09 15 01:20 pm Link

Photographer

Isaiah Brink

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

First off, tell her to stick it where the sun don't shine.  Second, find a real model not a diva who can't show up on time.

May 09 15 01:32 pm Link