Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > What type of traveller are you!

Model

Alexey VS

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Quiz time... It's just for fun, but feel free to post your results if you find them interesting :-) I found mine to be such.

http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/2015021 … -the-world

Apr 16 15 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

i'm a fantastic traveler. low impact, usually solo, only there for the history, i hate yuppie gravitational pulls, i take only photos, leave only footprints, mingle with the locals, only support local interests, don't buy trinkets, and am curious, as well as courteous. that would probably score a 5 on the test, but i don't feel like taking it. smile

and no, i don't mean traveler, as in the irish gypsies.

Apr 16 15 09:58 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

"You are : The active explorer

The idea of sitting still gives you hives. You thrive on not only the unknown, but on experiencing it in the most adrenaline-filled way possible. This also makes you a particularly fun travel companion – and means you have an especially good attitude when a kink changes your plans. Missed flight? No problem: it’s just another adventure!"

I typically need a vacation from my vacations.

Apr 17 15 12:10 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Los Angeles, California, US

only by myself. no one hold me back. no one knows where I am at. ssshhh secret covert operations. go in quickly...pull out quickly..do my thing. snap. crackle and pop.

Apr 17 15 12:15 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

You are : The culture vulture

You’ve been dubbed a foodie, a bookworm, an art geek and a history nerd, but really, you’re a scholar at heart. And what better way to learn than to travel: seeing, hearing and tasting everything you can? Sometimes, this means your agenda is packed; other times, you have to cajoled away from a market or painting. Regardless, whenever you travel, you expand your mind. And isn’t that the entire point?

Yep that's spot on.

Apr 17 15 12:15 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

"They" said I'm an "active explorer"  .  .  .  not bad for such an old fart  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Apr 17 15 01:39 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

GK photo wrote:
i'm a fantastic traveler. low impact, usually solo, only there for the history, i hate yuppie gravitational pulls, i take only photos, leave only footprints, mingle with the locals, only support local interests, don't buy trinkets, and am curious, as well as courteous. that would probably score a 5 on the test, but i don't feel like taking it. smile

What he said.

Apr 17 15 01:48 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Model Sarah wrote:

You’ve been dubbed a foodie, a bookworm, an art geek and a history nerd, but really, you’re a scholar at heart. And what better way to learn than to travel: seeing, hearing and tasting everything you can? Sometimes, this means your agenda is packed; other times, you have to be cajoled away from a market or painting. Regardless, whenever you travel, you expand your mind. And isn’t that the entire point?

Yep that's spot on.

Yup. Same here. borat Also, they omitted a word in the text above. smile

Apr 17 15 01:55 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

okay, so i made "the documentarian." that makes perfect sense, but those questions were a little too general.

anyone else pick the henry miller quote, besides me? smile

Apr 17 15 05:08 pm Link

Model

IDiivil

Los Angeles, California, US

Culture Vulture here also.

Apr 17 15 09:31 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Active Explorer

Apr 18 15 12:33 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

We can't see that site page in the UK - [sad face]

Studio36

Apr 18 15 02:34 am Link

Photographer

Joel Sax

TRABUCO CANYON, California, US

The Documentarian

For you, the only thing better than seeing a jaw-dropping view is capturing it forever. You thrive on finding the beauty around you, and showcasing it in stunning, unique ways. After all, there’s a big, beautiful world out there. It’s practically your duty to capture as much of it as possible!

Apr 18 15 02:53 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

Model Sarah wrote:

You’ve been dubbed a foodie, a bookworm, an art geek and a history nerd, but really, you’re a scholar at heart. And what better way to learn than to travel: seeing, hearing and tasting everything you can? Sometimes, this means your agenda is packed; other times, you have to cajoled away from a market or painting. Regardless, whenever you travel, you expand your mind. And isn’t that the entire point?

Yep that's spot on.

Same for me, and it's exact. (except for the missing word)

Apr 18 15 09:22 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

GK photo wrote:
okay, so i made "the documentarian." that makes perfect sense, but those questions were a little too general.

I did.  smile

Apr 18 15 09:25 am Link

Photographer

Warren Leimbach

Tampa, Florida, US

Time traveler.  Meet here again last week at 12:30.

Apr 18 15 09:50 am Link

Photographer

Al Lock Photography

Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

You are : The connector

You’ve been called a “social butterfly” so often, you expect to sprout wings. You’re fascinated by the life stories of those you encounter, and language is hardly ever a barrier. Thanks to your natural extroversion and empathy, you connect with new cultures on a truly human level. Forget collecting passport stamps; you collect new friends.

Apr 18 15 10:33 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Apparently I am a documentation since I have my camera with me where ever I go.

"For you, the only thing better than seeing a jaw-dropping view is capturing it forever. You thrive on finding the beauty around you, and showcasing it in stunning, unique ways. After all, there’s a big, beautiful world out there. It’s practically your duty to capture as much of it as possible!"

Along with that, my wife are what we call "power vacationers." Our last vacation back in '08, we drove from Las Vegas to Moab, UT. Along the way we saw Zion National Park, Canyonlands National Park, and Arches National Park. From Moab we went through the Four Corners to Flagstaff and overnighted in Sedona. After Sedona, we went to Grand Canyon, then drove Highway 66 to KIngman and than back to Las Vegas to drop off the rental car and fly home to Orlando. The only thing we didn't see/do was the Devil's Backbone in Utah. Couldn't convince my wife the drive would be fun. The entire trip took us a week.

Apr 18 15 10:57 am Link

Photographer

GK photo

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:
Along with that, my wife are what we call "power vacationers." Our last vacation back in '08, we drove from Las Vegas to Moab, UT. Along the way we saw Zion National Park, Canyonlands National Park, and Arches National Park. From Moab we went through the Four Corners to Flagstaff and overnighted in Sedona. After Sedona, we went to Grand Canyon, then drove Highway 66 to KIngman and than back to Las Vegas to drop off the rental car and fly home to Orlando. The only thing we didn't see/do was the Devil's Backbone in Utah. Couldn't convince my wife the drive would be fun. The entire trip took us a week.

did you at least do the drive-thru tour of monument valley, while out there? i freaking love the four corners area. and canyonlands is the real jewel of the utah national parks. you can seriously be the only person (or group) around for days. even in the early spring.

Apr 18 15 11:21 am Link

Photographer

Vector One Photography

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

So let's see... I'm a photographer and they say I'm a documentarian.  Don't think that's a big surprise.  If they said I was a people person or an adventurer I'd be surprised.

Apr 18 15 11:38 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

GK photo wrote:
did you at least do the drive-thru tour of monument valley, while out there? i freaking love the four corners area. and Canyonlands is the real jewel of the Utah national parks. you can seriously be the only person (or group) around for days. even in the early spring.

After leaving Moab, we went through Cortez, Colorado, and went to the Four Corners Monument before heading through Monument Valley.  Being a John Ford/John Wayne fan, I had to see all I could see while out there. Of course, Monument Valley from the car didn't look like Ford's movies, but still staggering to view. Back in 2003, I took a motorcycle ride with my brother, Mark, from West Yellowstone, Montana, through Yellowstone to Cody, Wyoming, through the Sunlight Basin and over the Beartooth Pass back into Montana. When we got to Red Lodge, MT for the night, he marveled he never got tired of seeing the wonders of the west. He lived in Hamilton, Montana for 30 years until his passing last July.

Apr 18 15 12:51 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:
When we got to Red Lodge, MT for the night, he marveled he never got tired of seeing the wonders of the west. He lived in Hamilton, Montana for 30 years until his passing last July.

absolutely. and good for him that he was able to appreciate it. there is beauty in all of the us, but the west (especially the four corners/colorado plateau region) is a magnificent slice of geology.

it's funny how many euros you find, any time you go out there. it's like nothing they've ever seen. i've met more french and germans (than americans) in that region. smile

Apr 18 15 12:59 pm Link

Photographer

DespayreFX

Delta, British Columbia, Canada

GK photo wrote:

Documentarian... and uh huh. smile

Apr 18 15 01:04 pm Link

Photographer

Abbitt Photography

Washington, Utah, US

Active Explorer by their test which I think is accurate.   I like to go where few people do.    I'd much prefer hiking up a remote canyon or anchoring off some uninhabited island over the typical tourist beach vacation.

Apr 18 15 01:25 pm Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

GK photo wrote:

Me too, and me too. While it's fun, I don't necessarily agree with their characterizations or bases for picking them.

Apr 18 15 01:46 pm Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

I wanted to be a Time Traveler tongue , but settled for Active Explorer. big_smile

Apr 18 15 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Justin wrote:
Me too, and me too. While it's fun, I don't necessarily agree with their characterizations or bases for picking them.

yeah, you'd think i'm just some nerd, wandering around with my camera; in bermuda shorts, sandals, and black socks. smile

Apr 18 15 06:10 pm Link

Photographer

Evan Hiltunen

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

It said I was documentarian, but I really don't seem to do that. I'm really more of an adventurous explorer that dissects things and forgets to take "big pictures".

Apr 18 15 06:19 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Evan Hiltunen wrote:
It said I was documentarian, but I really don't seem to do that. I'm really more of an adventurous explorer that dissects things and forgets to take "big pictures".

i think the first time you answered any of those queries in a manner that involves a camera, your fate was sealed. smile

that's fine. i'll wear it. i do tend to shoot, while on the road.

Apr 18 15 07:05 pm Link

Photographer

Al Lock Photography

Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

GK photo wrote:

i think the first time you answered any of those queries in a manner that involves a camera, your fate was sealed. smile

that's fine. i'll wear it. i do tend to shoot, while on the road.

Many of my answers (especially the early ones) involved my camera.

But I think the fact that I learn language had a big impact on my results.

Apr 18 15 11:54 pm Link