Forums > General Industry > Photogenic Hotels in Vegas

Photographer

Robert Paul Photography

San Francisco, California, US

I am looking for a boutique hotel in Vegas that will work for a photoshoot. Something on the lines of the Madonna Inn in Los Angeles. Does anyone know of anything?

I am trying to steer clear of the generic hotel look of Mandaly Bay, Bellagio, Arria, and basically every other hotel in Vegas. Something with tons of character is what I am after.

The Cromwell is one that I know of. I am, however, looking for other options.

Apr 17 15 09:44 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

The only place that I can think of is the Artisan.
http://www.artisanhotel.com/

Apr 18 15 10:25 am Link

Photographer

DespayreFX

Delta, British Columbia, Canada

If it's in your budget, I was just at the Delano, penthouse, 9 rooms, all white, huge mirrors, great light, modern decor, room wraps the edge of the building you get sunrise over Mandalay, and sunset just off to one side, isn't thousands of dollars if you go mid-week (I tend to go to Vegas a lot and use my mlife card, very good discounts, but YMMV). Really good space to work in. Send me an email if you wanna know more about the space, I did 2 shoots in there, never ran out of ideas.they list it as 1642sq ft, it was big, I expected to pay much more for it.

Apr 18 15 10:54 am Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

I've shot in the MGM sky lofts and in one of the mansions.  I'm willing to bet that every resort on the strip have similar "high roller" properties for rent.

But it's Vegas.  I was told the Sky Lofts are in the range of $600 per night, low end for weekdays.  The price of the mansions are likely in the several thousands per night.  And it would be worth it.

Apr 18 15 11:09 am Link

Photographer

DespayreFX

Good Egg Productions wrote:
I've shot in the MGM sky lofts and in one of the mansions.  I'm willing to bet that every resort on the strip have similar "high roller" properties for rent.

But it's Vegas.  I was told the Sky Lofts are in the range of $600 per night, low end for weekdays.  The price of the mansions are likely in the several thousands per night.  And it would be worth it.

The skylofts are really good too, there's also the MGM Skyline Marquis suite, which has a huge deck, and it's up at the top of the building facing the strip, I've shot in both of those too, they're really nice, but for me, the Delano decor (it's a brand new remodel of what used to be called THE Hotel) was better for shooting, and I got a much better deal on the room than I got at MGM, even though the mlife program is an MGM program...

One place I haven't shot, was going to last time, but ran out of time, there's a place in Vegas, and I'm pretty sure they're here on MM too, I have an email from them somewhere if you want it... they have/rent out a great pool + deck area that overlooks the city, looks very good from the shots, and I will definitely be getting there at some point. They sent me some pics of the specific background view I was requesting, I have those somewhere too... smile

Apr 18 15 11:15 am Link

Photographer

DespayreFX

Fun places I haven't shot...

The Rockstar Suite at the Hard Rock... 1 bed, sleeps 7

The Rio, some funky suites, including one, shower big enough for 12 including sound system, lights, and a stripper pole, in the shower.

I believe the Rio also is the one that has the suite with a half-court basketball setup, but it's something dumb like 22,000.00 a night or something crazy like that...

They also have one with a built-in bowling alley. smile

Apr 18 15 11:19 am Link

Photographer

Ken Marcus Studios

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

SayCheeZ!  wrote:

+1  Agreed !

Apr 18 15 11:29 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

SayCheeZ!  wrote:

Yep, the Artisan is very photographer friendly as is their sister property, Rumor.

You might also look at airbnb.com as you can frequently find some really cool rental homes that you can turn into your own photography set for not a lot of money either.

Apr 19 15 09:23 pm Link

Photographer

Hidden Hills Photography

San Antonio, Texas, US

Another vote for Artisan!

Apr 19 15 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

Kev Lawson

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

DespayreFX wrote:
I believe the Rio also is the one that has the suite with a half-court basketball setup, but it's something dumb like 22,000.00 a night or something crazy like that...

They also have one with a built-in bowling alley. smile

These are in the Palms, along with the Playboy Suite. Directly across the street from the Rio.

Apr 19 15 09:45 pm Link

Model

Syrena Fury

Palm Bay, Florida, US

If you know someone with a deed through Hilton Vacation Club, the Elara is absolutely incredible. I am deeded there, and the suites are great for boudoir shoots.

Apr 19 15 09:46 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Los Angeles, California, US

I just used, Aria's One Bedroom Sky Suites Penthouse Panoramic...It was very large and airy. I truly enjoyed them. IF you are member of MLife..They will work with you. Otherwise...they run 700 plus a night. And 1500 on weekends..IF you are NOT a Member of MLife.

You need to Check out Palms.. They have different Styles.

Plus...SLS.

Rather Expensive..is Mirage's Private Bungalow's ...with private pool.

Cromwell's is different.

Also..The High End Suites at Caesars.

The Mandarin has unique High End Suites. Expensive

And MGM Grand Sky Lofts...Beautiful and Expensive...700 plus on weekdays..a night..1400 plus on weekends.

There is a Two Bedroom Suite at Cosmos..that is High End. 3,000 Square Feet...plus Private Balconies. IT comes in two version...Light Wood...and Dark Wood. They don't list the price!

Apr 19 15 10:00 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Los Angeles, California, US

Kev Lawson wrote:

These are in the Palms, along with the Playboy Suite. Directly across the street from the Rio.

Yeah the Palms...and it is 35,000 a night with the one with infinity Pool...on the 30th floor..it is crazy.

Apr 19 15 10:04 pm Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

DOUGLASFOTOS wrote:

Yeah the Palms...and it is 35,000 a night with the one with infinity Pool...on the 30th floor..it is crazy.

Yeah, but it's rare when anyone actually pays that. They typically comp those suites out to their high rollers. They just like to put those huge price tags on there to make them sound like big shots because they have a 35,000/night suite.

Caesars Palace was the first major hotel in Vegas to offer the 10,000/night suites back in the 80s. They were called the Emperor Suites, were 2 stories, multi-thousand square feet, and each one was built on the inside crease of their new tower. I believe there were only 5 of these and each one had a massive curved window that overlooked the Strip with a big Jacuzzi right next to the window. They have since been converted into suites a bit less extravagant but back in the day, $10,000/night was unheard of. In the years they had those suites, there was only one person Caesars ever actually charged to stay there...everyone else were comped high-rollers. The one individual was Bob Stupak...owner (at the time) of Vegas World and founder of the Stratosphere,...before his own board of directors kicked him out.

Apr 20 15 08:34 am Link

Photographer

Red Sky Photography

Germantown, Maryland, US

This photographer   https://www.modelmayhem.com/2774949 , rents out both an indoor studio and a great looking pool / deck area. I haven't been there but i definitely want to.

Apr 20 15 09:51 am Link

Photographer

DespayreFX

Red Sky Photography wrote:
This photographer   https://www.modelmayhem.com/2774949 , rents out both an indoor studio and a great looking pool / deck area. I haven't been there but i definitely want to.

Yes! Thank you, this is the one I was referring to above, they were very friendly to talk to, and even took some extra pictures for me so I could see the view of the city lights. Unfortunately, I ran out of time and didn't get there on my last trip, but I definitely plan on getting there soon. (Now if only I could talk Sarah Jane into wearing something less conservative... lol,... that joke was just for Adam, or anyone else that knows her smile )

Apr 20 15 10:00 am Link

Model

Profile for Amy

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Red Sky Photography wrote:

I'd definitely be interested in having a small group (photogs and models) get together to shoot at this pool before the summer's out!

Jul 15 15 05:37 pm Link