Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > The Big Vaccine Question...

Photographer

Adam Albrec

Spokane, Washington, US

This is, of course, NOT proof of anything, but more of a general 'Question of Intent' in the Powers That Be.

Think back to the last time you felt that industry and government had your best interests at heart. Pretty hard to remember, isn't it?

Think back to the last few things that have been forced/attempted on the American People:

1. The Patriot Act,
2. The Bailouts,
3. The Iraq War,
4. S.O.P.A.
5. A.C.T.A.
6. The T.P.P.
7. etc, etc, etc.....

If government, the super-rich elites and corporations all agree that Vaccinations are CRITICAL - then how good for your children are they likely to be?

Ask yourself.

The overall pattern seems to be that whatever you are told will happen if you don't give them what they want - is what winds up happening if you do.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_syphilis_experiment

Apr 18 15 11:31 am Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

must be spooky, always finding conspiracy behind every corner.

I dont suppose any amount of science or statistical fact will have any impact.

Apr 18 15 11:45 am Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

rfordphotos wrote:

yup, and the fact that preventive medicine is always cheaper than curative one.
Imagine an avoidable chronic illness, that's where the money is.

Apr 18 15 11:51 am Link

Photographer

Michael Bots

Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Apr 18 15 11:53 am Link

Photographer

Adam Albrec

Spokane, Washington, US

rfordphotos wrote:

I would agree with you if we didn't have two children maimed by vaccines in my family (both by M.M.R.).

1. My brother suffers from a bone growth disorder following a super-high fever from the shot.

2. A nephew died from a neuroma (nerve cancer) that formed and later metastasized at the site of his M.M.R. shot.

This type of thing has happened before:  http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/ … ing-virus/

So, even if it were not a conspiracy, we live in a world of non-stop profiteering with no regard to consequences.  Now, they want to inject something into your child (or actually hundreds of somethings).  Not sure about you, but kinda makes me go "MMMMM..."

Apr 18 15 11:55 am Link

Photographer

Michael Bots

Injection site carcinoma.     Look it up.    More common with animal vaccines than human.   That's why they go into a limb - amputation is practical.

CDC Whistle Blower                              (suppressed statistics and scientific fraud)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q62DcaNs_0M

A relative risk question ---

Things to know about the Disneyland-linked measles outbreak that stirred vaccination debate
http://health.usnews.com/health-news/ne … ebate-ends
"Because there haven't been homegrown measles cases in the U.S. for more than a decade, health experts believe the virus came from abroad where the airborne disease is still common."

Can Measles Vaccine Cause Injury & Death?
http://www.nvic.org/vaccines-and-diseas … death.aspx

"There have also been 329 deaths reported to VAERS in association with the MMR vaccine. However, the numbers of vaccine-related injuries and deaths reported to VAERS may not reflect the true number of serious health problems that occur develop after MMR vaccination."    (some are not reported to VAERS and some that are, are simply coincidence)

http://www.naturalnews.com/048573_measl … ngers.html

Apr 18 15 12:02 pm Link

Body Painter

Monad Studios

Santa Rosa, California, US

I don't believe that industry and government have my best interests at heart, but I don't believe either that everything they do is aimed at harming me.  So, the fact that the powers that be are pushing something doesn't lead me to conclude that it's a bad thing, or that it's good thing.  We need to examine and understand each policy on its own merits.  Thinking that everything that government and industry push onto us is harmful is just as lazy and wrong-headed as thinking that everything they push is beneficial.  For example I'm in favor of traffic signals, food inspection, and limits on polluters.

Apr 18 15 12:05 pm Link

Photographer

R Bruce Duncan

Santa Barbara, California, US

Sorry, Adam-

Guess I missed it.

The vaccine question?

Were you going to ask if vaccines save lives?

Apr 18 15 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

R Bruce Duncan wrote:
Sorry, Adam-

Guess I missed it.

The vaccine question?

+1 smile

and IBTL

Apr 18 15 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

Adam Albrec

Spokane, Washington, US

R Bruce Duncan wrote:
Sorry, Adam-

Guess I missed it.

The vaccine question?

The question is weather it makes sense to 'assume' the benefits out way the risks.  Most Americans have questions about G.M.O. foods, public monetary policy, Pharmaceuticals, the IRS, defense contractors, artificial intelligence,  the safety of cell phones, Guantanamo Bay and PRETTY MUCH every other thing we deal with from both business and government, and yet despite a track record of serious problems, we think nothing of letting the same people inject mysterious substances in our children and even question the parental rights of those who, choose not too after reviewing pro and cons. 

Is it just me, or is this America's new sacred cow (the thing you dare not questions, or the whole house falls down?).

Apr 18 15 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

it makes perfect sense that a govt (which relies on taxpayer funds to keep its shenanigans going) would purposely institute a  public health program aimed at lowering (or disabling) the numbers of said taxpayers. 

makes total sense to me. lol

Apr 18 15 12:38 pm Link

Photographer

R Bruce Duncan

Adam Albrec wrote:
The question is weather....

That narrows it down a little!

If the question is weather, the answer is obviously Yes!!!

Apr 18 15 12:38 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

I get the flu shot every year.  I prefer getting the shot to getting the flu.  I've had it in the past.
The kids have had all their vaccinations.

Apr 18 15 12:41 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
The kids have had all their vaccinations.

pfft, you bought into that nonsense? tongue

Apr 18 15 12:43 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

GK photo wrote:

pfft, you bought into that nonsense? tongue

Yes.

Apr 18 15 12:44 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Bots

I will pick flu (every 6 to 8  years on average) over how sick the flu shot makes me.

Quarter of Population Carried Swine Flu during Pandemic
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/swine-flu-pand … ren-428035

CDC Presents Updated Estimates of Flu Vaccine Effectiveness for the 2014-2015 Season
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/news/updated-vac … 014-15.htm

"The updated VE estimate against influenza A H3N2 viruses was 18%"

Flu vaccine effectiveness study signals 'no protection' this year in Canada
http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/flu-vacci … -1.2937144

"The research, based on data from British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec, found the vaccine offers most people virtually no protection against the strain that's causing the lion's share of the illness this year"

Apr 18 15 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

Yes.

the sarcastic tone was really being directed at adam. i was just using you as a conduit. smile just in case you thought i was serious.

Apr 18 15 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

GK photo wrote:

the sarcastic tone was really being directed at adam. i was just using you as a conduit. smile just in case you thought i was serious.

I knew.  smile

Apr 18 15 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Michael Bots wrote:
I will pick flu (every 6 to 8  years on average) over how sick the flu shot makes me.

It may kill you the next time.  It's a serious illness.

Apr 18 15 12:54 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Bots

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
It may kill you the next time.  It's a serious illness.

Contraindicated --  another dose of vaccine might kill me - and I am not the one who wrote it up in my medical record.

My left arm is still damaged from the shot I got 6 years ago - still hurts a little (and continuously) - and it's half the strength of my other arm.

Like I said - I will choose flu over that and the other symptoms any day.

locally
Flu shot blamed for paralysis
.http://www.torontosun.com/news/columnists/michele_mandel/2010/02/06/12774076.html

Don't Believe Everything You Read About Flu Deaths
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/lawrence-s … 61442.html

"According to the National Vital Statistics System in the U.S., for example, annual flu deaths in 2010 amounted to just 500 per year -- fewer than deaths from ulcers (2,977), hernias (1,832) and pregnancy and childbirth (825), and a far cry from the big killers such as heart disease (597,689) and cancers (574,743). The story is similar in Canada, where unlikely killers likewise dwarf Statistics Canada's count of flu deaths.

Even that 500 figure for the U.S. could be too high, ----- (more)"

Apr 18 15 01:02 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Michael Bots wrote:

Contraindicated --  another dose of vaccine might kill me - and I am not the one who wrote it up in my medical record.

My left arm is still damaged from the shot I got 6 years ago - still hurts a little - half the strength of my other arm.

It still may kill you.

Apr 18 15 01:04 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

I really saddens me to think that it is my generation who is making a mockery of the America my parents built after WWII (and of course, the country built by the Greatest Generation) and deconstruct the democracy that has taken over 200 years to build. During the early 1950's my parents, and and pretty much all parents made sure their children were vaccinated, inoculated, and protected from polio, chicken pox and measles and all of the other common childhood maladies that could kill children. Fast forward fifty years and now my generation is doing its best to convince people that vaccinations aren't necessary. Diseases that were practically wiped out 50 or 60 years ago are making a resurgence today because parents won't immunize their children because of some unfounded conspiracy.

Apr 18 15 01:07 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

calistastyles

Palm Beach, Florida, US

Cherrystone wrote:
+1 smile

and IBTL

You don't see too many cases of polio anymore. That and I am lucky to be here -- my dad had the measles and the mumps at the same time and almost died.

Also I suffer from shingles -- if I had been vaccinated against the chicken pox I would not suffer from shingles today.

Apr 18 15 01:25 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Bots

From the British Medical Journal   (BMJ)

Are US flu death figures more PR than science?
http://www.bmj.com/content/331/7529/1412

" Compounding these problems is a marketing of fear—a CDC communications strategy in which medical experts “predict dire outcomes” during flu seasons."

Apr 18 15 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Adam Albrec wrote:
The question is weather it makes sense to 'assume' the benefits out way the risks.

speaking of way out...or out way...

Adam Albrec wrote:
and yet despite a track record of serious problems, we think nothing of letting the same people inject mysterious substances in our children and even question the parental rights of those who, choose not too after reviewing pro and cons.

are you at all aware of the statistics regarding immunizations, and their track record, since being instituted on a mass scale in the us? are you aware of the diseases that had been effectively eliminated due to them?

sorry dude, but if the ridiculous mentality of the anti vaxxer crowd takes hold, we're looking at a shit storm of biblical proportions. luckily--for now--these nuts are pretty much only on the extreme poles of society, and will probably stay there. at least i hope so.

Apr 18 15 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Adam Albrec wrote:
Think back to the last time you felt that industry and government had your best interests at heart.

That would be the time that never happened. Because they don't. Industry has its bottom line as its primary interest: maximize profits, minimize costs. Government is there to establish and preserve order, not to facilitate the "best interests" of anyone. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are what that order should be defending. Not enforcing it, not impeding it, just defending it.

Adam Albrec wrote:
Think back to the last few things that have been forced/attempted on the American People:

1. The Patriot Act,
2. The Bailouts,
3. The Iraq War,
4. S.O.P.A.
5. A.C.T.A.
6. The T.P.P.
7. etc, etc, etc.....

Yup. There are always issues that need to be addressed... some more urgently than others. 

Adam Albrec wrote:
If government, the super-rich elites and corporations all agree that Vaccinations are CRITICAL - then how good for your children are they likely to be?

Oh, for fuck's sake. roll

Adam Albrec wrote:
Ask yourself.

The overall pattern seems to be that whatever you are told will happen if you don't give them what they want - is what winds up happening if you do.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_syphilis_experiment

Seriously? Alluding to one of the most shameful moments in this country's history to argue against vaccinations? This thread is doomed. hmm

Apr 18 15 02:56 pm Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

I don't care if the government has my best interest at heart. I can decide for myself if vaccines are the way to go for me and my children.

Apr 18 15 03:18 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

A Vaccine Hospitalized My Son. I Would Vaccinate Him Again. 

Interesting read (on Slate, from a couple days ago)

Apr 18 15 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

Adam Albrec

Spokane, Washington, US

GK photo wrote:
are you at all aware of the statistics regarding immunizations, and their track record, since being instituted on a mass scale in the us? are you aware of the diseases that had been effectively eliminated due to them?

Your comments are fun and witty and all, but sadly, the statistics show that most diseases were already in full decline before vaccinations became the norm.  http://healthimpactnews.com/2015/the-tr … ppressing/  (most likely because of improved nutrition and sanitation).  I am the fist to admit that science should lead before conjecture, but very often lately Liberals and Conservatives alike have setup assumptions (like Ansel Keys low-fat doctrines) that simply don't hold up in the light of day.  To assume that anyone with a white coat on is incapable of lying to you, is choosing to be a statistic.  Just as the US Government told Nevada/Utah residents for over a decade that nuclear tests in the desert were safe, or how Monsanto told us for years that Nutrasweet was safe (after thousands of cancer/nerve-damage cases), it is STUPID to blindly follow ANYONE where money, or political advantage is at steak. 

Representative Democracy is a bit like saying "Blackish-White", Just as Free Markets, pretty-much always end in monopolies.  To all you whales following the leaders onto the beach, I wish-you the best, but the capacity for objective reasoning has never been more important than it is now.

Apr 18 15 03:51 pm Link

Photographer

Allen Carbon

Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand

FFS

The stupidity in some people about this topic just flat out frustrates me.

one of the biggest flagship arguments for the anti vaccination cooks are that "big corporations run the tests" "how much do you think they get paid to have a positive answer" etc etc.

Independent research have also been done, entire universities have had their entire resources pooled into this research and thousands upon thousands of doctors have approved it. They all pointed towards the positive effects of vaccinations.

It's people that think every research is rigged against their favour that seemingly finds wildly inaccurate facts cited from  wildly discredited Doctors. People thinking that the people are bought out to sway the research.

I don't mind getting brigged for this because some people just need to hear it. But people are actually actively stupid.

Apr 18 15 04:02 pm Link

Photographer

Gryph

Phoenix, Arizona, US

lol

Welcome to Mayhem.  As far as vaccinations go, the last one I got was the chicken pox one back in my childhood.  I haven't seen a doc in a little more than 16 years.  I'm not going anywhere, and gov't isn't going to make that decision for me.

I am alive and healthy thanks to not doing what the government or some researchers tells me to do.

Apr 18 15 04:12 pm Link

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Vineland, New Jersey, US

We had a similar discussion here not that long ago. It more or less ended with people calling me an idiot for not rushing out to get whatever vaccine some doctor, the CDC or the government said was good for preventing disease ... when no one else was/is rushing out to get said vaccine, either. I'm an idiot because I'm waiting for all new vaccines to develop a track record of success.  If that makes me an idiot, I'm a proud idiot.

For this reason, I'm staying out of this one.

Apr 18 15 04:13 pm Link

Photographer

R Bruce Duncan

Lovely Day Media wrote:
We had a similar discussion here not that long ago. It more or less ended with people calling me an idiot for not rushing out to get whatever vaccine some doctor, the CDC or the government said was good for preventing disease ... when no one else was/is rushing out to get said vaccine, either. I'm an idiot because I'm waiting for all new vaccines to develop a track record of success.  If that makes me an idiot, I'm a proud idiot.

Nice post, Lovely Day-

But... you don't get to post and stay out of the discussion?

Good try, though!!!

Apr 18 15 04:20 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Lovely Day Media wrote:

there are huge differences between not wanting to "go out" and get some latest vaccination, vs purposely avoiding having your children inoculated against all "the hits". i don't care if you don't want to get a flu shot. i've only gotten one in my lifetime.

the crowd that is avoiding getting the mmr vaccine for their children, based on some phony conspiracy theories (or worse, quack, debunked 'science') should be sent away to siberia. maybe polio can't take the cold.

Apr 18 15 04:21 pm Link

Photographer

The Grey Forest

Igoumenítsa, Kentriki Ellada, Greece

to the naysayers: http://www.rense.com/general36/history.htm

Now get a clue: http://thinktwice.com/gulfwar.htm

I personally know a lady who was discharged from her military service due to Gulf War Syndrome and is now permanently disabled, ...not from wounds, not shell shock, not PTSD, but from experimental drugs given to her and others who were culled from the ranks by her own Government who directed service doctors use them as a guinea pigs for a mysterious untested medicines.

"Even today, soldiers continue to be given psychiatric drugs for uses never studied or approved by regulatory agencies. And the majority of these drugs have never been tested in combination."

... but of all things related to this tread, you should really read this article below ! ! ! :
http://www.naturalnews.com/036062_vacci … ments.html

Apr 18 15 04:22 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Adam Albrec wrote:

Your comments are fun and witty and all, but sadly, the statistics show that most diseases were already in full decline before vaccinations became the norm.  http://healthimpactnews.com/2015/the-tr … ppressing/  (most likely because of improved nutrition and sanitation).  I am the fist to admit that science should lead before conjecture, but very often lately Liberals and Conservatives alike have setup assumptions (like Ansel Keys low-fat doctrines) that simply don't hold up in the light of day.  To assume that anyone with a white coat on is incapable of lying to you, is choosing to be a statistic.  Just as the US Government told Nevada/Utah residents for over a decade that nuclear tests in the desert were safe, or how Monsanto told us for years that Nutrasweet was safe (after thousands of cancer/nerve-damage cases), it is STUPID to blindly follow ANYONE where money, or political advantage is at steak. 

Representative Democracy is a bit like saying "Blackish-White", Just as Free Markets, pretty-much always end in monopolies.  To all you whales following the leaders onto the beach, I wish-you the best, but the capacity for objective reasoning has never been more important than it is now.

nvm...had it, but deleted. not worth it. have fun living in constant fear of the shadowy folks who conspire to ruin your existence.

Apr 18 15 04:23 pm Link

Photographer

R Bruce Duncan

Gryph wrote:
lol

Welcome to Mayhem.  As far as vaccinations go, the last one I got was the chicken pox one back in my childhood.  I haven't seen a doc in a little more than 16 years.  I'm not going anywhere, and gov't isn't going to make that decision for me.

I am alive and healthy thanks to not doing what the government or some researchers tells me to do.

To be honest, the chances are that you are way beyond the age most vaccines are aimed at?

Most importantly, though, there's a better than good chance that you benefit from herd immunity.

All you neighbors were vaccinated.

Oh, and yes... ultimately you're "...going..." somewhere.

Like all of us.

Carry on.

Apr 18 15 04:23 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

R Bruce Duncan wrote:
Most importantly, though, there's a better than good chance that you benefit from herd immunity.

that seems to be lost on a lot of the vaccine nuts, as evidenced by the recent outbreak at disneyland. like i pointed out in the old thread. it's a very interesting mix of folks who are clamoring to this idea that childhood vaccines are causing harm to their children.

Apr 18 15 04:26 pm Link

Photographer

Gryph

Phoenix, Arizona, US

R Bruce Duncan wrote:

To be honest, the chances are that you are way beyond the age most vaccines are aimed at?

Oh, and yes... ultimately you're "...going..." somewhere.

Like all of us.

Carry on.

Quite possibly.  Then again, I've never cared much for hospital or clinic visits.

Granted I don't have children, these are the decisions I make for myself.

If I traveled out of the country then I would get the required vaccinations that is required of me to get.  Outside of that, you can forget about it.

Apr 18 15 04:29 pm Link

Photographer

Adam Albrec

Spokane, Washington, US

Allen Carbon wrote:
FFS

The stupidity in some people about this topic just flat out frustrates me.

one of the biggest flagship arguments for the anti vaccination cooks are that "big corporations run the tests" "how much do you think they get paid to have a positive answer" etc etc.

Independent research have also been done, entire universities have had their entire resources pooled into this research and thousands upon thousands of doctors have approved it. They all pointed towards the positive effects of vaccinations.

It's people that think every research is rigged against their favour that seemingly finds wildly inaccurate facts cited from  wildly discredited Doctors. People thinking that the people are bought out to sway the research.

I don't mind getting brigged for this because some people just need to hear it. But people are actually actively stupid.

I am guessing you are also one of those who believe that Nader cost the Dems the Whitehouse.  This blue vs red (smart vs redneck) thing assumes that one of the two is right, when in reality they are both just as lame and self-serving.  The last good Republican was Eisenhower and the last good Democrat was Roosevelt.  We have now entered the cloudy waters of Corporatocracy and Fascism of marriage between business and the state. 

The problem is hierarchy and the assumption that leadership is the answer.  Weather the leaders are scientists or businessmen they are pretty much all against the little guy.  Just as the Marque de Sade noted in his time relating to public battles between monarchy and clergy.

Apr 18 15 04:30 pm Link