Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > No Funeral Strippers? Say it ain't so...

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

Apr 23 15 08:43 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Nothing says mourning the loss of uncle Elmer like lap dances

Apr 23 15 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Los Angeles, California, US

That Damn Chinese Government Take the fun out of everything.

Apr 23 15 09:21 pm Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

WTF, Confucius will rise from the dead just to kick their asses.  sad

Apr 23 15 11:28 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Here is Mick towards the end singing  "You make a dead man cum ... "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGyOaCXr8Lw

Do you suppose he was singing about a stripper at a funeral?

My mom is "fascinated" by Mick Jagger.   She'd like him to dance in front of her coffin at her funeral, but he's a bit too expensive.

Apr 24 15 12:18 am Link

Photographer

ValHig

London, England, United Kingdom

We have to stand up against these horrendous acts of oppression by the Chinese government. This is a basic human right; the freedom to live, breathe, and have funeral strippers.

'First they came for the funeral strippers, but I did not speak out because I was not a funeral stripper.....'.

Apr 24 15 02:35 am Link

Photographer

alessandro2009

Florence, Toscana, Italy

This argument causes smile but generally speaking I think Governments (of any nature) should not meddle in different situations.

Apr 24 15 04:30 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

A bump [and grind] in the night.   I love it!

Studio36

Apr 24 15 07:15 am Link

Body Painter

Monad Studios

Santa Rosa, California, US

That's hot.

Apr 24 15 07:34 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

That's pretty fucked up.
You're dead, you're not going to see shit through any hole.

https://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2010/271/a/c/lol___ghost_kitteh_by_sidneyeileen-d2zpfat.jpg

Apr 24 15 07:45 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Let me be a good Christian and go light candles for my dead ancestors, because that matters. They'll know. wink

And don't forget the guns and airplanes for the soldiers.

Apr 24 15 08:24 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

One sees a lot of the course of a lifetime, and gets to the point where surprises are few.

Whelp, I've been surprised again! smile

Apr 24 15 08:24 am Link

Photographer

Gregory Thelen

Concord, California, US

I watched this story develop on the Internet all day yesterday.
I couldn't for the life of me see the reason they were doing it in the first place. <scratches head>
Not one news story I read explained why?
By last night it was picked up by a bunch of cable news shows and the reason why was finally discussed.

Apparently, in the Chinese culture, your measure of worth,( loved by, what you did in life) is not determined when you are alive, it is determined when you die. One measurement of the above is how many people attend your funeral.

The strippers are a crowd draw for the dead.

Apr 24 15 10:56 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Gregory Thelen wrote:
Apparently, in the Chinese culture, your measure of worth,( loved by, what you did in life) is not determined when you are alive, it is determined when you die. One measurement of the above is how many people attend your funeral.

Who cares what your worth is if you're dead.

Apr 24 15 11:17 am Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Jules NYC wrote:

About a dollar in raw materials...

Apr 24 15 11:45 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

https://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/i-like-sleeping-ecard.jpg

Apr 24 15 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Gregory Thelen wrote:
I watched this story develop on the Internet all day yesterday.
I couldn't for the life of me see the reason they were doing it in the first place. <scratches head>
Not one news story I read explained why?
By last night it was picked up by a bunch of cable news shows and the reason why was finally discussed.

You mean that if one could hire The Rolling Stones to perform (They look like walking dead anyway) and a bunch of strippers to dance, they'd draw a big crowd?   Heck, I'd rather see the strippers and the Stones while I'm alive!  wink

Apr 24 15 01:00 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Karlsen

Gloversville, New York, US

Jules NYC wrote:

I believe in Chinese culture the number of people who attend your funeral is not only a reflection of the person but also that of the entire family.  Respect for elders and ancestors is very important.  Something that might be learned by our more western civilization!!

BTW  I always liked the idea of the New Orleans Jazz Funeral,  Strippers, that might take the concept one better!!!!

Apr 25 15 05:27 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Richard Karlsen wrote:

I believe in Chinese culture the number of people who attend your funeral is not only a reflection of the person but also that of the entire family.  Respect for elders and ancestors is very important.  Something that might be learned by our more western civilization!!

BTW  I always liked the idea of the New Orleans Jazz Funeral,  Strippers, that might take the concept one better!!!!

I believe if you are a cool person (nice, good at heart, etc.), people will come to your funeral.  I'd rather have a few people at my funeral than a bunch of cronies paying 'respect' that don't give a fuck and bitch about the food like a wedding.

... and if I'm a spiritual entity (ghost, etc.), I'll be sure to hang over and watch but it sounds pretty depressing if not a party with a rock band.

Apr 25 15 09:07 am Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm happy to introduce the service here in North America. Order now and get 50 strippers to attend your own funeral for the special low introductory rate of $500.

I guarantee you'll be personally satisfied and offer a full money back guarantee.  If you're not happy with your funeral service, there's Just a simple form for you to fill out and I'll personally refund you your money.

-------------------------------------

This could be quite lucrative!    ;p

Apr 25 15 10:28 am Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

I think it would take the edge off a loved ones death at the funeral though. I think the other brain is always on the prowl no matter the circumstance

Apr 25 15 08:41 pm Link

Photographer

Reflected

New York, New York, US

Tony From Syracuse wrote:
I think it would take the edge off a loved ones death at the funeral though. I think the other brain is always on the prowl no matter the circumstance

For individuals in whom the "other brain" is the only brain, I suppose that might be so.

ValHig wrote:
'First they came for the funeral strippers, but I did not speak out because I was not a funeral stripper.....'.

Best answer.  One you can really sink your teeth into.  Especially your Niemollers.

Apr 27 15 03:08 pm Link