Forums > Critique > Finally Finished my Website!! Feedback Welcome. :)

Model

Claire Shorland

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

After many nights staying up digging around for old articles, my website is finally live.

All feedback is welcome.  smile
Please feel free to try to find broken links and stuff.  tongue

http://www.claireelizabeth-model.com/

xx

Apr 29 15 06:58 am Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Los Angeles, California, US

Apr 29 15 07:00 am Link

McGee

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Moderator Note!
moving to the critique forum

Apr 29 15 07:02 am Link

Photographer

J Haggerty

Augusta, Georgia, US

In my opinion, the header and page title images are competing for space and turn me off. I had to scroll a lot to access the text. Consider removing the page title (you don't really need those on parent pages) and heading image.

-On the portfolio page, if you could put a sliding image gallery in the individual project details that would clean up a lot of space.
-Simplify the About page and include your stats and styles. If I find you first on your website I don't want to be directed to a new website (MM) to get yours stats. Remove the selfie and consider adding your best portfolio image to the side of the text. The Hello's in different languages above new paragraphs throw me off. If you want to keep them, put them all on one line at the very top. Add MM to your social links!
-On the Press page, I see images of what *could* be published pages but there's no information. What publication? Include some text information and a link to the issue.

Apr 29 15 09:46 am Link

Model

Eleanor Rose

PASO ROBLES, California, US

You have a weird typo on your contact page. The part giving your email in case the form doesn't work.

Apr 29 15 10:24 am Link

Photographer

RINALDI

Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands

For a website where images speak more than a thousand words, you have a thousand words or even more. Way to much. Also, but this may be regarded as valuable in your region, I would get rid of all that info about you doing modeling training and academy and stuff. You might have aced the exam, but you are not valuable to a team and client if you can't work the way they want.

I noticed from the source code you are using squarespace, I am sure they have way better templates available no?

Apr 29 15 01:20 pm Link

Photographer

gregezzophoto

Armada, Michigan, US

Ditto on the "About" page. I would just have a 2 or 3 short paragraphs about yourself with maybe a behind the scenes shot on the right. There's too much scrolling to where you can lose track.

The "Portfolio" is arranged nicely. Just keep in mind people want to go through the least amount of clicks as possible to reach your work.

Not sure what "Press" really does over the "portfolio" page. Seems irrelevant in my opinion.

I would combine "video" with the "portfolio" page, unless you are planning to have more than one video.

"Contact" page is great!

Also if you're using squarespace, I suggest using the cover page feature where the audience get's hit with a "money" shot then afterwards can dive through the other stuff you have on your site.

Apr 29 15 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

gregezzophoto

Armada, Michigan, US

Ditto on the "About" page. I would just have a 2 or 3 short paragraphs about yourself with maybe a behind the scenes shot on the right. There's too much scrolling to where you can lose track.

The "Portfolio" is arranged nicely. Just keep in mind people want to go through the least amount of clicks as possible to reach your work.

Not sure what "Press" really does over the "portfolio" page. Seems irrelevant in my opinion.

I would combine "video" with the "portfolio" page, unless you are planning to have more than one video.

"Contact" page is great!

Also if you're using squarespace, I suggest using the cover page feature where the audience get's hit with a "money" shot then afterwards can dive through the other stuff you have on your site.

Apr 29 15 07:44 pm Link

Model

Claire Shorland

Jennifer Haggerty wrote:
In my opinion, the header and page title images are competing for space and turn me off. I had to scroll a lot to access the text. Consider removing the page title (you don't really need those on parent pages) and heading image.

-On the portfolio page, if you could put a sliding image gallery in the individual project details that would clean up a lot of space.
-Simplify the About page and include your stats and styles. If I find you first on your website I don't want to be directed to a new website (MM) to get yours stats. Remove the selfie and consider adding your best portfolio image to the side of the text. The Hello's in different languages above new paragraphs throw me off. If you want to keep them, put them all on one line at the very top. Add MM to your social links!
-On the Press page, I see images of what *could* be published pages but there's no information. What publication? Include some text information and a link to the issue.

Thanks for the feedback.  All very good points - especially the one about the sliding galleries.  smile
Also currently working on the press parts to include magazine names and stuff.  Just trying to get a hold of the people I got them off a while ago.  smile

Apr 30 15 12:02 am Link

Model

Claire Shorland

Eleanor Rose wrote:
You have a weird typo on your contact page. The part giving your email in case the form doesn't work.

That's very strange.  Thanks for the pick up!  big_smile

Apr 30 15 12:02 am Link

Model

Claire Shorland

RINALDI wrote:
For a website where images speak more than a thousand words, you have a thousand words or even more. Way to much. Also, but this may be regarded as valuable in your region, I would get rid of all that info about you doing modeling training and academy and stuff. You might have aced the exam, but you are not valuable to a team and client if you can't work the way they want.

I noticed from the source code you are using squarespace, I am sure they have way better templates available no?

Where I'm from they really like words.  Everyone kind of likes to talk and share their stories.  But you're right - I think there's just a bit too much fluff.
I looked through all of the templates and they seemed a bit eh .. but then again that was BEFORE I paid for the upgrade and I think there should be more templates available for me now.  That's for reminding me!  Haha.  smile

Apr 30 15 12:06 am Link

Model

Claire Shorland

gregezzophoto wrote:

"Contact" page is great!

I still haven't finished the "press" page - heaps more shit to go through to add onto it.  Just haven't had heaps of time to scan.  All that stuff I found online.
I will add more videos - I have heaps more I need to find but again haven't had time to do so.  sad

In your opinion (and feel free not to answer) but after briefly looking through my portfolio, what would you say is my "money shot"?  I have a lot that I like but I change my mind on a regular basis on which one my favourite actually is.  I used the beach one because it was the most recent, but one day I hate it and think I look like a gimp, and the next day I gaze into my own eyes and creep myself out with how much I like the shot.  So please feel free to voice the opinion - which one do you think is the best?  smile

Apr 30 15 12:09 am Link