Forums > Photography Talk > How do I create this look?

Photographer

poiter

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2720183/MM/Screen%20Shot%202015-05-04%20at%208.37.30%20PM.png

This is a screen grab from Taylor Swift's style video (3:22). I like the soft hazy color light in front of her face. Any thoughts on what I can try out in my studio to create this look in camera and not in photoshop? Many thanks!

May 04 15 07:45 pm Link

Photographer

E Thompson Photography

Hyattsville, Maryland, US

Use a Hazer or another smoke machine for the atmosphere. Use a backlight to to create some lens flair and add Lee #116 Medium Blue-Green filters on the lights for color on the background.

May 04 15 08:09 pm Link

Photographer

poiter

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

E Thompson Photography wrote:
Use a Hazer or another smoke machine for the atmosphere. Use a backlight to to create some lens flair and add Lee #116 Medium Blue-Green filters on the lights for color on the background.

oohhhhhhh good ideas! I'm excited to try tomorrow!! Thanks!!!

May 04 15 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

cwwmbm

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

E Thompson Photography wrote:

This is bang on. I would add that use ONLY hazer, and not a cheap halloween effect smoke/fog machine. You can usually find hazers at movie prop rental houses. If you end up going the way of smog/fog machine make sure you have a giant fan that distributes it fairly uniformly.

May 04 15 09:09 pm Link