Forums > Model Colloquy > Creepy Photographer

Photographer

Desert Shadows Photo

Mesquite, Nevada, US

What suggestions do you have in alerting other models of a photographer that touched the model during a shoot when the model specifically asked not to be touched? Is there a way of listing this guy somewhere on a creep list???

May 06 15 01:40 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Desert Shadows Photo wrote:
What suggestions do you have in alerting other models of a photographer that touched the model during a shoot when the model specifically asked not to be touched? Is there a way of listing this guy somewhere on a creep list???

Model should call the police if she feels that's she's been violated criminally.

May 06 15 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Models can also put on their MM page that they Do Not Recommend working with a particular photographer and can provide the reason for such if asked

May 06 15 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

May 06 15 02:56 pm Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

If it's 2nd hand information, I'd be extremely cautious to spread it.  Perhaps encourage the actual model who said this happened to her to alert the local community, else you be labeled a white knight.

May 06 15 03:56 pm Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

SayCheeZ!  wrote:

But that was funny!

May 06 15 03:56 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Good Egg Productions wrote:
If it's 2nd hand information, I'd be extremely cautious to spread it.  Perhaps encourage the actual model who said this happened to her to alert the local community, else you be labeled a white knight.

this too

May 06 15 04:46 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

May 06 15 04:46 pm Link

Photographer

martin b

Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines

One of the reasons I feel there are fewer photographers that shoot models is because so many photographers tell models to beware of other photographers.  I understand many photographers want to be the good guy but I can't imagine a doctor telling his patient to watch out for other doctors.

Most of the photographers I have met are great guys and most don't shoot professionally but love meeting girls and making great images. 

I don't shoot many models, but I do try to say nice things about the photographers I know and encourage the models to meet many photographers.

just my opinion.

May 06 15 06:00 pm Link

Photographer

Keith Moody

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Hmmm, I keep running into models who want to hug me good-bye at the end of shoots.  Never really figured out what that's all about.

May 06 15 07:48 pm Link

Photographer

Maxximages

Los Angeles, California, US

Touch her where?

Or perhaps its the photographers you should be warning about a unreasonable model.  Depends on the shoot and the pose if touching is needed.

May 06 15 07:56 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Whoa, first of all, if someone is touching you and you have asked not to be touched that would be a reason to contact the police and file a police report.

Forget creep list, realize sexual assault allegations.

Thank you,
Jen

May 06 15 08:27 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Maxximages wrote:

Touch her where?

Or perhaps its the photographers you should be warning about a unreasonable model.  Depends on the shoot and the pose if touching is needed.

So you are in the camp that believes that models should be touched when they have specifically asked not to be ( as per the OPs opening post ) ?

May 06 15 08:27 pm Link

Photographer

Filles de Pin-up

Wichita, Kansas, US

WTF? facepalm

So 2nd hand accusation of "touching". Where? So the guy removes a piece of fuzz or moves some hair and suddenly he is listed as perv.

If she had something criminal done to her, let the police handle it.

May 06 15 08:31 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

I get more of a creep vibe from photographers that go on forums and somehow feel it is their place to "protect" young damsels. The creep factor can ramp up significantly based on the photographer's chosen image content. I question the motivation driving 90+ percent of this genre of original posts. Now I have to go wash my hands.

May 06 15 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

J O H N  A L L A N wrote:
I get more of a creep vibe from photographers that go on forums and somehow feel it is their place to "protect" young damsels. The creep factor can ramp up significantly based on the photographer's chosen image content. I question the motivation driving 90+ percent of this genre of original posts. Now I have to go wash my hands.

Well then you better not shoot with them you handsome devil you

tongue

May 06 15 08:44 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

SayCheeZ!  wrote:

Good Egg Productions wrote:
But that was funny!

....and true, too!

May 06 15 09:27 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

He said / she said...

For you old timers...raped of mind and body...

May 06 15 09:46 pm Link

Photographer

ValHig

London, England, United Kingdom

White knights on their valiant steeds give off just as much of a creep vibe... and then you add in the 'nice guy' factor.

Models really do sort this stuff out themselves through groups and references. Unfortunately not everyone checks references, but a random photographer going around and bad mouthing someone they've never even interacted with won't help anybody. Don't be a creep yourself and that's the best contribution you can make.

May 07 15 01:13 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Why in all my time here have I only heard photographers label other photographers as being "white knights "

whatz with that anyways ?

May 07 15 01:19 am Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

MM...has hit a new Low/High.

Creepy List.

May 07 15 01:24 am Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

https://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/011/869/internet_white_knight_colored_4350.jpg

May 07 15 03:19 am Link

Photographer

ValHig

London, England, United Kingdom

Garry k wrote:
Why in all my time here have I only heard photographers label other photographers as being "white knights "

whatz with that anyways ?

I think it's more an internet term rather than a photographer-only term. Lots of gamers and body builders use it... not sure why it's those two groups.

May 07 15 04:22 am Link

Photographer

Caradoc

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Greg Kolack wrote:

"Irresponsible accusations and innuendo."

borat

May 07 15 04:53 am Link

Photographer

Kent Art Photography

Ashford, England, United Kingdom

Greg Kolack wrote:

You know, I think we should have a seven year rule on things like that - threads that were hidden a long time ago should be unhidden after a certain length of time (but not unlocked) so that people can reminisce about the old days.

May 07 15 05:10 am Link

Photographer

AVD AlphaDuctions

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Jen B wrote:

Whoa, first of all, if someone is touching you and you have asked not to be touched that would be a reason to contact the police and file a police report.

Thank you,
Jen

27 million photographers posting in Model Colloq. all it takes was one model posting to deal with the issue
/thread
/banishwhiteknights

May 07 15 06:34 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Jen B wrote:

Thank you,
Jen

A nude model once hugged me.  Should I contact the police?     smile

May 07 15 06:42 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

I don't, and never will, condone inappropriate touching, but ... there are two sides to every story.

May 07 15 07:46 am Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Salem, Oregon, US

network locally and spread the gossip. of course you may have only heard her side of the story. sometimes on these forums we get to hear both sides and it's a complete mess.

May 07 15 08:08 am Link

Photographer

Desert Shadows Photo

Mesquite, Nevada, US

Cherrystone wrote:

Model should call the police if she feels that's she's been violated criminally.

This happened to a married male model touched by a male photographer.

May 08 15 11:21 am Link

Photographer

Desert Shadows Photo

Mesquite, Nevada, US

Maxximages wrote:

Touch her where?

Model was male photog was also male.

May 08 15 11:23 am Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Why didn't the model man-up and break the togs fingers or something?? Simple, I told you you couldn't, now you can't, problem solved

May 08 15 11:29 am Link

Photographer

ChanStudio

Alpharetta, Georgia, US

Tell the model to handle this himself/herself (i.e. call 911, walk out and put the photographer on "not recommend" list, etc).

May 08 15 01:02 pm Link

Photographer

ChadAlan

Cherrystone wrote:

This happened to a married male model touched by a male photographer.

That doesn't make the situation any different.

May 08 15 01:10 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

What he said^^^^

No means NO.
My body my rules.

And I've never been on a shoot where it was 'necessary' for the photographer to touch me.
It's either the body painter or the stylists. Never the guy with the apparatus making 'click'.

May 08 15 01:30 pm Link

Model

Figures Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

It depends, had you asked her not to hug you and she did anyways? Did you feel violated and that her intent was to violate you? I am a hugger and have hugged photographers after the shoot and done so while nude myself.

AVD AlphaDuctions wrote:
27 million photographers posting in Model Colloq. all it takes was one model posting to deal with the issue
/thread
/banishwhiteknights

Thank you,
Jen

May 08 15 01:38 pm Link

Photographer

ChadAlan

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

Figures Jen B wrote:
It depends, had you asked her not to hug you and she did anyways? Did you feel violated and that her intent was to violate you? I am a hugger and have hugged photographers after the shoot and done so while nude myself.
Thank you,
Jen

I like hugging too, I married into a family whose culture includes a lot of hugs so I'm used to it. Models may hug. Handshakes are ok too. Once in a while a model will kiss on the cheek.

May 08 15 01:53 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

1)  Did the photographer touch you inappropriately?  Did you witness the photographer touching the model inappropriately?  If not, you are spreading rumors and not helping anyone.

2)  Public lists are prone to abuse and are very problematic:
     ...  The accused has no recourse,
     ...  No one should be found guilty by accusation only,
     ...  Makes a lot of work for the moderators,
     ...  etc.

3)  If you "alert" some strangers, why should these strangers believe or disbelieve you?  We don't know you.

My advice:  everyone can & should get to know their local photographic community.  Once you know & trust these people, and once these people know & trust you, you can privately share feedback, references, and recommendations about the people in the local area.  That's it.

Good luck.

May 08 15 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Figures Jen B wrote:

Thank you,
Jen

It was a surprise hug.     smile

May 08 15 02:14 pm Link

Model

Dekilah

Dearborn, Michigan, US

I agree with those who said that the model should report this to the authorities.

Outside of that, my general rule is this: I will ask the model who was touched if I can recommend them as a reference if someone asks me about the photographer and if someone does ask about that photographer I direct them to contact that model for first hand information. I may also tell people that I refuse to work with someone based on negative references, but I don't give specifics.

May 08 15 08:07 pm Link