Forums > General Industry > Newsletters, promotional emails

Photographer

RINALDI

Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands

Do you apply email marketing, by sending newsletters/promotional emails? To subscribers, or manually listed target groups such as current clients, potential clients, etc? Use signup forms?

Do you use something like MailChimp, or Amazon SES?

How have your results been so far?

May 31 15 05:21 am Link

Photographer

Dan Howell

Kerhonkson, New York, US

I am currently working with Agency Access on a year-long marketing campaign that sends out professionally designed html email messages which include 2 images. We are sending out 6 messages over the year to a list of approx. 5000 creative buyers on a list tailored to my goals. The list includes advertising agency agencies, publications and manufacturers. The emails go directly to art directors, photo editors, art buyers and producers.

Each cycle we can look at the statistics for email opening and click-thru to my website. We follow up with the most interested responses with a limited direct mailing of a printed card displaying the photos. We use that targeted list to make phone contact.

Currently I am in the middle of the campaign. So far it has resulted in a dozen requests for my PDF portfolio and meetings with 5 photo editors.

May 31 15 05:48 am Link

Photographer

RINALDI

Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands

Dan Howell wrote:
I am currently working with Agency Access on a year-long marketing campaign that sends out professionally designed html email messages which include 2 images. We are sending out 6 messages over the year to a list of approx. 5000 creative buyers on a list tailored to my goals. The list includes advertising agency agencies, publications and manufacturers. The emails go directly to art directors, photo editors, art buyers and producers.

Each cycle we can look at the statistics for email opening and click-thru to my website. We follow up with the most interested responses with a limited direct mailing of a printed card displaying the photos. We use that targeted list to make phone contact.

Currently I am in the middle of the campaign. So far it has resulted in a dozen requests for my PDF portfolio and meetings with 5 photo editors.

Can you share what this cost you, not the exact number, but maybe say a range?

May 31 15 06:37 am Link

Photographer

Dan Howell

Kerhonkson, New York, US

RINALDI wrote:
Can you share what this cost you, not the exact number, but maybe say a range?

For a number of reasons, I don't think I will share that in an open forum.

May 31 15 06:53 am Link