Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Mercedez or Bimmer

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

Allen Carbon wrote:
Lots of car noobs in this thread.

Move aside guys,

My Mitsubishi lancer (no frills, basic version) will beat all your cars.

What the hell is that?  i thought they just make elevators to go up and down. big_smile

Jun 16 15 05:59 am Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

There are unspoken rules.  You don't tell the man his wife is ugly, his car sucks or his sailboat is too small.  Guys, lets not go there.   tongue

Jun 16 15 06:04 am Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

chiamac wrote:
Unrelated, but my older/newer Porsche 911 is just amazing. There are A TON of great deals to be had once you get into the 997 or 996 models.

After all these years, I still can't pull the trigger to get on of this. I probably never will.  My objectives in car has changed, I focus on a bigger toy now.  I am into a "Break Out Another Thousands"  - Boat

Enjoy!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sWPHKU1XZU

Jun 16 15 06:09 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Connor Photography wrote:
After all these years, I still can't pull the trigger to get on of this. I probably never will.  My objectives in car has changed, I focus on a bigger toy now.  I am into a "Break Out Another Thousands"  - Boat

Enjoy!!!

Thank you for that.
What a damn good commercial.

As for car lust, the model is different, but a Ferrari has always been the top of my list (and that includes vintage muscle cars).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSjS-iCPeW8

Jun 16 15 07:53 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Just because big_smile

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4146/5036649181_872f661d5d_z.jpg

https://www.lifetransplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/justification-for-higher-education.jpg

Jun 16 15 08:00 am Link

Model

Figuremodel001

Chicago, Illinois, US

Both BMW & Mercedes are nice enough cars. One fact I have always found interesting was a test drive against competition offered. Went with my wife, drove Mercedes, BMW, Audi & Lexis. She liked the BMW and I liked the Audi. Mercedes sponsored this, not sure they do it anymore. More recently have been invited to one at BMW; competition did not include a Mercedes.
Bottom line, check them out by driving; see what "fits" you.

Jun 16 15 08:05 am Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

Jules NYC wrote:
Just because big_smile

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4146/5036649181_872f661d5d_z.jpg

https://www.lifetransplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/justification-for-higher-education.jpg

Hahaa, I like it.
I was or am too ugly to be a model or movie star, too short for basket ball, running too slow for football, and can't throw a f..uking baseball, I can't sing, and am tone dead.  What else is there for a poor immigrant besides education?  The nice about academic achievement is color blind and it does not discriminate. 

God bless America, what a great Country!!!

Jun 16 15 08:40 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Hahaa, I like it.
I was or am too ugly to be a model or movie star, too short for basket ball, running too slow for football, and can't throw a f..uking baseball, I can't sing, and am tone dead.  What else is there for a poor immigrant besides education?  The nice about academic achievement is color blind and it does not discriminate. 

God bless America, what a great Country!!!

I have no idea what you look like (and I'm sure you are being self-deprecating) but reading your posts, you are a fantastic father, you care about your family and have great values.  These are things I find wonderful in not just a man but in a person.

Plus I like reading about how you want to sail around and kick it and that to me is well, awesome!
None of what you talk about would have happened without hard work.

For some reason people don't get this concept.

https://byt.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/american-flag-o.gif

Jun 16 15 08:44 am Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

Jules NYC wrote:
As for car lust, the model is different, but a Ferrari has always been the top of my list (and that includes vintage muscle cars).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSjS-iCPeW8

Have never developed the taste for Italian cars.  I am a German car snob, super engineering, workmanship and quality are still my top priority in life.

Jun 16 15 09:01 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Have never developed the taste for Italian cars.  I am a German car snob, super engineering, workmanship and quality are still my top priority in life.

German engineering is fantastic.
Ferraris are something one can't drive everyday.

This is funny -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcLU4LGTPk8

Jun 16 15 09:03 am Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

Jules NYC wrote:
I have no idea what you look like (and I'm sure you are being self-deprecating) but reading your posts, you are a fantastic father, you care about your family and have great values.  These are things I find wonderful in not just a man but in a person.

Plus I like reading about how you want to sail around and kick it and that to me is well, awesome!
None of what you talk about would have happened without hard work.

For some reason people don't get this concept.

Wow... Thank you so much.  It is so nice of you saying that.  It means a lot. 

Well, I am an example of the few husbands that their wife does not mind for them to work with the beautiful naked models. My conclusion is I must be pretty ugly, that my wife is not worried about some young chicks steal her hubby.  No girl in her right mind will take me.  So far no one is hitting on me.  big_smile

Due to the hardship I encountered and a few good people I met along the way, I understand being an underdog.  In the mid 70's, no one was willing to give me a taxi driver job in NYC despite there were many openings.  I could not even get a chance to fill out the application.  After visiting a few hundred of Cab companies, one Orthodox Jewish owner, Mr. Meister, gave me a job.  Shortly after that, I became the most money making driver for him.  He took care of me like his own.  I worked there for three Summers and every Christmas Holidays.  It paid the way for my Undergrad pharmacy school.  From that I transformed from just getting by & putting food on the table to the Corporation of Pharmaceutical Industry

Over the years, I have changed a lot as I was slowly and surely reaching the American dreams.  Money is not as important to me any more.  I grew more passionate about life and for those around me.  It is not just my family but also the people who work for me.  Over last 20 years, I have mentored many young men and women into adulthood and inspired to do great things.  Many now are physicians, scientists, and lawyer. 

I work hard but not particular hard.  I think of myself is just a fish lives in East River east of Manhattan Island, where it subjects to tidal current of 6 knots up and down.  I get used to it.  It will be fatal for a fish coming in from Finger lakes.  I work hard and long hours because I like it.  The science and challenge are always different.

I said more than I need to in this post, but the reason I wrote this is to inspire other young people to work hard and learn while they are still capable.  Collecting friends and followers on FB or IG is not the best way to chart your future.   If I can make it in America, anyone can make it better than me.  smile

Jun 16 15 10:52 am Link

Photographer

chiamac

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Enjoy!!!

I finally bought one this spring, haven't been seriously looking but everything fell together and worked out. No regrets at all, just an amazing car!

Jun 16 15 11:50 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Wow... Thank you so much.  It is so nice of you saying that.  It means a lot. 

Well, I am an example of the few husbands that their wife does not mind for them to work with the beautiful naked models. My conclusion is I must be pretty ugly, that my wife is not worried about some young chicks steal her hubby.  No girl in her right mind will take me.  So far no one is hitting on me.  big_smile

Due to the hardship I encountered and a few good people I met along the way, I understand being an underdog.  In the mid 70's, no one was willing to give me a taxi driver job in NYC despite there were many openings.  I could not even get a chance to fill out the application.  After visiting a few hundred of Cab companies, one Orthodox Jewish owner, Mr. Meister, gave me a job.  Shortly after that, I became the most money making driver for him.  He took care of me like his own.  I worked there for three Summers and every Christmas Holidays.  It paid the way for my Undergrad pharmacy school.  From that I transformed from just getting by & putting food on the table to the Corporation of Pharmaceutical Industry

Over the years, I have changed a lot as I was slowly and surely reaching the American dreams.  Money is not as important to me any more.  I grew more passionate about life and for those around me.  It is not just my family but also the people who work for me.  Over last 20 years, I have mentored many young men and women into adulthood and inspired to do great things.  Many now are physicians, scientists, and lawyer. 

I work hard but not particular hard.  I think of myself is just a fish lives in East River east of Manhattan Island, where it subjects to tidal current of 6 knots up and down.  I get used to it.  It will be fatal for a fish coming in from Finger lakes.  I work hard and long hours because I like it.  The science and challenge are always different.

I said more than I need to in this post, but the reason I wrote this is to inspire other young people to work hard and learn while they are still capable.  Collecting friends and followers on FB or IG is not the best way to chart your future.   If I can make it in America, anyone can make it better than me.  smile

You are quite welcome:)

What you wrote here really made me smile.
Your wife is with you because you're a good man.

Salute

My Dad's parents came over with nothing and he grew up with a modest life.
He (my Dad) worked very hard and built a beautiful home for he and his wife, my Mom.

47 years later and counting:)

Jun 16 15 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

Jules NYC wrote:
My Dad's parents came over with nothing and he grew up with a modest life.
He (my Dad) worked very hard and built a beautiful home for he and his wife, my Mom.

47 years later and counting:)

Yay !!!  We just had a 34 year anniversary past Memorial weekend  smile  47 years is hard to beat. We will try. 

However there is a problem if there is a Heaven and Hell.  Going thru Hell Gate, if they ask me how many women I have exchanged bodily fluids with.  I can't just whisper, one.  Either they are going to laugh or label me as a lair.  Then I have discussed this with my wife about this.  And I came up a solution.  We will go to the swingers clubs when we are in our seventy's.  big_smile big_smile big_smile

Jun 16 15 03:21 pm Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

chiamac wrote:
I finally bought one this spring, haven't been seriously looking but everything fell together and worked out. No regrets at all, just an amazing car!

Wow.....Mannnnn, that is an achievement.  Congrats.  You should be proud.  You worked hard and then you got your toy.  It is a great feeling.  smile

Jun 16 15 03:27 pm Link

Photographer

Allen Carbon

Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand

What the hell is that?  i thought they just make elevators to go up and down. big_smile

um don't diss my car. When going up a big hill on a road trip with lots of people in the car, it only slows down to about 40...

Jun 16 15 03:57 pm Link

Photographer

DwLPhoto

Palo Alto, California, US

seriously folks...all you have to do is go to the owners forums and see how all these cars are headaches after 5 years or so. 

Engineering and quality--til you drive them off the lot.

Jun 17 15 12:35 am Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

DwLPhoto wrote:
seriously folks...all you have to do is go to the owners forums and see how all these cars are headaches after 5 years or so. 

Engineering and quality--til you drive them off the lot.

i am not sure if your observation is an indicative poor quality and engineering.  You need to go deeper than this.  People will complain more often than give a praise of a product. 

Likewise: 
1.  When MM becomes very popular in the recent years, you read many sensational news about how dangerous place to be on MM.   You can form you conclusion here.
2.  So many people buy into Gatorade, any other energy drinks, or taking massive doses of Vitamins daily, they think these products are good for them.  However, if you understand the basis human physiology, clinical pharmacology and awareness of  the current clinical research, you will understand these products have no value if not doing you any harm. 

It is easy to blindly follow what others do, but do our work work and make our own decision make us separate from the others.  Perhaps let us raise above the rest.

Back to original topic.
Many say that they love BWM, MB or Audi etc.  They implied that they view their car as "TOY" and not just for transportation taking them from Point A to Point B.  Likewise when a man loves a woman, although she has many imperfection, he does not care but to love her to death.  We all are individual and  have our own taste.  That makes us uniquely Human.  We have to accept and respect that.   I am just sayingggggggggggg.

Jun 17 15 09:37 am Link

Photographer

DwLPhoto

Palo Alto, California, US

i am not sure if your observation is an indicative poor quality and engineering.  You need to go deeper than this.  People will complain more often than give a praise of a product.   .

I had a chance to get a hand me down 330i....so I looked that year up on owners forums...

again and again and again and again and again...door lock problem, door lock problem, door lock problem, door lock problem, door lock problem, door lock problem, door lock problem, same part time and time and time and time and time and time again... a $700 fix....   

same part. same EXACT part...over and over.  And over.   And over.   Not to mention the OTHER problems with that same year/era 330.   

It's one thing if its a hyundai or a chevy.....but I have a 23 year old Jeep and the power windows and locks work just fine...a six year old BMW should not be a rolling pile of broken parts.

but same for acura... some of them on a certain generation have a plastic tab in one of the door actuators that breaks...

Jun 18 15 12:09 am Link

Photographer

HHPhoto

Denver, Colorado, US

Back to original topic.
Many say that they love BWM, MB or Audi etc.  They implied that they view their car as "TOY" and not just for transportation taking them from Point A to Point B.  Likewise when a man loves a woman, although she has many imperfection, he does not care but to love her to death.  We all are individual and  have our own taste.  That makes us uniquely Human.  We have to accept and respect that.   I am just sayingggggggggggg.

I don't disagree with that.  On the other hand, I drove my BMWs to work and back every day for 22 years, and except for when other drivers drove into me while waiting my turn at stop lights or stopped in traffic, my BMWs always got me to work and back and to uncounted client meetings without fail.   During the last 16 years before I retired, my commute was over a 50 mile daily round trip.  Sometimes they are the equivalent of a toy, but they have also been reliable work horses. 

Proper maintenance is certainly required.  I had an injector replaced under warranty when new and a water pump at nearly 100,000 miles on my current BMW.   I chose to replace oil seals/gaskets at nearly 100,000 because of some minor leaks.   I was able to drive to the dealership for the injector and water pump replacement.  For these repairs and routine maintenance like oil changes I was given another BMW to drive as a loaner when I needed one.  I would drive to BMW on my way to work, pick up loaner, drive to dealership after work and drive my car home.  Painless.

Jun 18 15 09:59 am Link

Photographer

HHPhoto

Denver, Colorado, US

dp

Jun 18 15 10:00 am Link