Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > You really can be "too pretty"

Photographer

John Photography

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Jun 28 15 04:27 am Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

ever see a woman who has such a nice bodacious body...that even when they are wearing something  baggy....the clothes ...still...somehow contours itself in such a way they cant help but somehow make her look shapely despite. love that.

Jun 28 15 07:11 am Link

Photographer

John Photography

Tony From Syracuse wrote:
ever see a woman who has such a nice bodacious body...that even when they are wearing something  baggy....the clothes ...still...somehow contours itself in such a way they cant help but somehow make her look shapely despite. love that.

Plenty of times... But it's no reason to fire someone

Jun 28 15 07:27 am Link

Photographer

MN Photography

Chicago, Illinois, US

John Photography wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Oqd0ecxUCM

Wow just wow

I only could watch the first example.  The woman who was fired from the banking corp for "being too pretty".  There was not a lot of information, but even the tabloid-like video report admitted that she was warned "repeatedly" about inappropriate work clothing.  That could actually have been more of a factor in her firing than she was simply "being too pretty".

Jun 28 15 07:28 am Link

Photographer

Reflected

New York, New York, US

Ever see a guy who posts without clicking the link or having the least idea what the thread is about?  Love that.

Jun 28 15 07:29 am Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

calm down chip on your shoulder guy....I did watch the video....and..was on point...as I was commenting on they were complaining what she wore was too tight...ie...1:20-1:25..and I am simply commenting..that there are some women...who can do as they are told and wear what the employer requests,but they have such hot bodys, that despite...they still look like sex on a stick.possibly you dont see women that look hot and "fill" out clothing even if its baggy.. I have eyes so I do.

and to the other poster ....who also has no idea what they are talking about either...I wasnt implying she did something wrong..I am pointing out that this woman was in a no win situation in their eyes due to her incredible figure.

Jun 28 15 08:18 am Link

Photographer

Reflected

New York, New York, US

calm down chip on your shoulder guy....I did watch the video....and..was on point...as I was commenting on they were complaining what she wore was too tight...ie...1:20-1:25..and I am simply commenting..that there are some women...who can do as they are told and wear what the employer requests,but they have such hot bodys, that despite...they still look like sex on a stick.possibly you dont see women that look hot and "fill" out clothing even if its baggy.. I have eyes so I do.

and to the other poster ....who also has no idea what they are talking about either...I wasnt implying she did something wrong..I am pointing out that this woman was in a no win situation in their eyes due to her incredible figure.

So your idea of "on point" in a thread about women being victimized based on their looks is two drooling posts about women's looks?  That's so much better.  To say nothing of creepier.

Jun 29 15 12:00 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

I remember reading about #10 & #5.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/que … -1.1527622

On #10:  I shake my head.  Not cool.  Unfair.  If you look like a Ralph Lauren model or the red-head from Madmen, what's the difference?  A suit should fit appropriate to the body frame.  She did her job well and presented herself in a professional manner.

On #5:  Gross man... gross for the husbands drooling over this girl.  She is a tall attractive blonde having fun at the prom.  She followed the rules but the school officials didn't like the way the dress fit on HER.  As far as her dancing is concerned, she can dance however she likes.  I'm not a fan of grinding (tacky) but from what I was able to read about it, she wasn't doing that.  She was dancing. 

Hey ladies - if you marry a jerk, he'll be lusting after teenage girls and making you feel sub-par the rest of your life, even if you are as hot as Christie Brinkley at 60.

A scumbag is a scumbag and they live and work everywhere.

Jun 29 15 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

Ms. Lorenzana's employers were astoundingly stupid. It's not difficult to fire an employee if one really wants to. Just find some other ground than poor performance when the employee has gotten commendations for good performance. And don't write the employee up for tardiness on her days off. Is it too difficult to check the @#$% calendar first?

Whoever fired her deserves in turn to get fired, because opening up the company to a seemingly slam-dunk lawsuit is somewhat less defensible than being late to work on your days off.

Jun 29 15 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

Natural Light on Location

Fort Worth, Texas, US

There was a young lady I worked with once. She was kinda plain, with nice features. Petite figure, nice legs, small busted.

Well, after a few shoots, not just with me, She worked with other guys too. She learned a few things from the MUA's she was worked on by. She also lightened her long hair a little, and added some curl. She started wearing make up, and smiling more. She saw herself differently, started dressing a little different, showing off a little more. She transformed into a swan.

Two years later, you would not recognize that it was the same girl I shot with once.

Then she went to go visit London. True Story!

They would not let her in. They sent her back at the airport.

They insisted, she was a "Model," who had come to England to work, and she did not have a work permit.

Despite her protests that she was on vacation, and was supposed to meet her Fiance, they said "No," and refused her entry for the crime of being too pretty!

Believe it or not, but True Story.

Jul 01 15 07:41 am Link

Photographer

MN Photography

Chicago, Illinois, US

Natural Light on Location wrote:

I'm going to go with "not".

Jul 01 15 08:12 am Link

Photographer

Solas

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Jules NYC wrote:
On #5:  Gross man... gross for the husbands drooling over this girl.  She is a tall attractive blonde having fun at the prom.  She followed the rules but the school officials didn't like the way the dress fit on HER.  As far as her dancing is concerned, she can dance however she likes.  I'm not a fan of grinding (tacky) but from what I was able to read about it, she wasn't doing that.  She was dancing. 

Hey ladies - if you marry a jerk, he'll be lusting after teenage girls and making you feel sub-par the rest of your life, even if you are as hot as Christie Brinkley at 60.

A scumbag is a scumbag and they live and work everywhere.

Agreed, they Should publish the male chaperones' names and have the internet take revenge. Poor kid, that's like a teenage girl's worst nightmare

The army #4 one is also disgusting, can't believe this still happens

Jul 01 15 08:18 am Link

Photographer

Fort Worth, Texas, US

MN Photography wrote:

I'm going to go with "not".

Okay, she posted a a pic of the "Denied," stamp on her site, and she was only there for less than a day, after posting she'd be there for two weeks, but okay.

You believe what you want. I believe you're trolling.

Jul 02 15 12:14 am Link

Photographer

John Photography

There was a young lady I worked with once. She was kinda plain, with nice features. Petite figure, nice legs, small busted.

Well, after a few shoots, not just with me, She worked with other guys too. She learned a few things from the MUA's she was worked on by. She also lightened her long hair a little, and added some curl. She started wearing make up, and smiling more. She saw herself differently, started dressing a little different, showing off a little more. She transformed into a swan.

Two years later, you would not recognize that it was the same girl I shot with once.

Then she went to go visit London. True Story!

They would not let her in. They sent her back at the airport.

They insisted, she was a "Model," who had come to England to work, and she did not have a work permit.

Despite her protests that she was on vacation, and was supposed to meet her Fiance, they said "No," and refused her entry for the crime of being too pretty!

The Customs people have way too much power.

Jul 02 15 02:13 am Link

Photographer

MN Photography

Chicago, Illinois, US

Okay, she posted a a pic of the "Denied," stamp on her site, and she was only there for less than a day, after posting she'd be there for two weeks, but okay.

You believe what you want. I believe you're trolling.

I've been through British customs many times.  They are tougher than most in Europe.  They will usually want to see a return ticket, some evidence of being able to support yourself during your stay (credit cards, cash), they ask the purpose of the trip, where you will be staying and they've even asked me what I do for a living in the states.  I don't doubt that this person had their entry denied, but there are a lot of possibilities other than "being too pretty".  If she had all her ducks in a row on everything else, a customs agent telling her that she looks like a model and cannot enter on that basis is not believable.

Jul 02 15 09:35 am Link

Photographer

Fort Worth, Texas, US

MN Photography wrote:

I've been through British customs many times.  They are tougher than most in Europe.  They will usually want to see a return ticket, some evidence of being able to support yourself during your stay (credit cards, cash), they ask the purpose of the trip, where you will be staying and they've even asked me what I do for a living in the states.  I don't doubt that this person had their entry denied, but there are a lot of possibilities other than "being too pretty".  If she had all her ducks in a row on everything else, a customs agent telling her that she looks like a model and cannot enter on that basis is not believable.

That might have been it, the "being able to support yourself," part. She had a wealthy boyfriend, who was supposed to be taking care of everything, so maybe they thought that part was suspect. All I know for certain was what she posted on her site, and in her words, "They Insisted I must be a Model."

I felt sorry for her, she was a sweet kid. As for whether anybody believes it or not, well, I have work to do, no time for trolls this morning.

Jul 02 15 10:11 am Link