Forums > Photography Talk > Arizona Indoor Locations

Photographer

Just 4 Fun

Glendale, Arizona, US

OK, it's 110+ with monsoon humidity. 90+ at 5AM and too hot to even think about shooting outdoors. What are some good indoor locations to shoot? Free, cost, venues, dos and don'ts, experiences? All recommendations welcomed.

Jun 30 15 09:35 pm Link

Photographer

Keith Moody

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Where you live is free.

Every other indoor venue, you will either have to pay for or run the risk of being chased out by some security guard.  Of course you could just sneak in and sneak shots.

I beat the heat by finding some shade and shooting very early in the morning, like six or seven am.  Worked for me for the last ten years.

Jun 30 15 10:37 pm Link

Photographer

Taylor Claiborne

Tempe, Arizona, US

I used to do a lot of night shooting when I was living there. As long as I didn't have lights on stands in the day though I was fine to shoot wherever no one ever stopped or bothered me about it. Which come to think of it was rather lucky.

Jul 01 15 12:10 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Shibley

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I rent a hotel room where I can turn the AC down. Or I know a model & photographer that rent their house for shoots.

Jul 02 15 01:33 am Link

Photographer

Steinberg Photo

Boston, Massachusetts, US

A couple of things it would help to know:

- Will nudity be involved in any of your shoots?
- Will these by paid by the model, paid by you, TF or a mix?
- How open is your model?

If nudity is involved, that can reduce the number of shoot locations.

Depending on budgets, a hotel room can be a great place to shoot. If its a TF shoot, ask the model to split the cost of the room.

I did a shoot in the Nevada desert once. Must have been 90+. Model was very experienced and had no problem with it. In fact, she suggested the location. Got some amazing pics. Just bring plenty of water for her, sun screen for you and let the model take breaks whenever she needs to.

Jul 03 15 11:34 am Link

Photographer

talent_images

Gilbert, Arizona, US

What are some of the better motels to rent rooms from in the Phoenix metro area for photo shoots? I haven't rented as of yet but I want to.

Jul 15 15 09:27 pm Link

Photographer

photoguy35

Goodyear, Arizona, US

TL_Photography wrote:
What are some of the better motels to rent rooms from in the Phoenix metro area for photo shoots? I haven't rented as of yet but I want to.

Check out airbnb.  I haven't used them yet, but there were some pretty cool looking places listed.

Jul 15 15 09:30 pm Link