Forums > Critique > New Beauty image

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

So I shot these images for a client last month. Model and final image shown here was selected by the client so I had no option there but anyhow what do you think about the rest. This will not be going in my portfolio but since I worked on it I figured I would post here.

https://s15.postimg.org/pjt2lgsuz/Websize.jpg

Jul 04 15 07:57 am Link

Photographer

Thomas Van Dyke

Washington, District of Columbia, US

A-M-P wrote:
So I shot these images for a client last month.

As usual your illumination is masterful... nicely done

A-M-P wrote:
This will not be going in my portfolio...

Tenured wisdom... thinking the makeup artist will follow your lead here...

A-M-P wrote:
Model and final image shown here was selected by the client so I had no option there

Again Angie much wisdom, beauty is in the eyes of the checkbook holder...

A-M-P wrote:
what do you think about the rest.

Really?  Shooting up the nose if not my fav, but can work if the talent has perfect facial symmetry... Actually like the mauve/taupe eye decor, albeit the band lashes are a tad overstated, would have preferred a somewhat lighter gauge/length... looks like lashes for "clubbing" lol  Blush and conture/highlighting work well for the face... sadly skin texture is wanting... but as a makeup artist I'm terribly biased...  if the client is happy then the entire team should be happy... As for the black eyeliner on the labial roll? Absurd... and I'm being politically correct... Was the MUA given concept images prior to coming aboard? 

Never a great fan of a splayed hand in front of the face...  but hey, maybe the client is pushing nail decor?

Oh well, I'm certain you had a smile on your face all the way to the bank...

Thank you for sharing...
Always intriguing to see what you're up to now... 
Certainly a tad different market than Boston, no?

All the best on your journey...

Jul 04 15 09:05 am Link

Photographer

Eyesso

Orlando, Florida, US

it's iconic, original, superb

Jul 04 15 01:36 pm Link

Photographer

Sennia Kyle

Seattle, Washington, US

I really like it. And I agree that your lighting is gorgeous. However, what sticks out to me is that the post work on her neck, hands and chest doesn't match the level of work done on her face... not sure if you aren't done with the shot yet or maybe her makeup took care of a lot of the work for you but I noticed that right away.

Jul 04 15 06:56 pm Link

Photographer

Lee_Photography

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

The low camera angle for me is not helping the image, you are shooting up the models nose, and her eyes appear more closed then open.
Think the hands are a distraction especially with the dark outline on the finger nails.
Lighting seems to be on target

I wish you well

Jul 05 15 05:38 am Link

Photographer

ImOutOfHere

New York, New York, US

I like it but i take issue with the wig on the left side.  It looks real on the right and then fake and stuck together on the left with that black space between her face and the wig.  If I could change something that's what I would change.  Hope that helps.

Jul 09 15 01:55 am Link