Forums > Critique > Are these good to submit to an agency?

Model

Julia A Campbell

DEFUNIAK SPRINGS, Florida, US

An agency responded to an inquiry and I'm hesitant about sending any photos and took these today, are these okay to send or should I just crawl under a rock?
https://www.flickr.com/gp/130416656@N08/0u52R3

Jul 07 15 06:57 pm Link

Model

Vivien Melette

College Park, Maryland, US

These photos are a good start but the lighting is not flattering. I recommend taking the shots on a SUNNY day but OUT of direct sunlight. Reflective light (such as in the shade of a tree) on a sunny day is very flattering for the makeup-less face and makes the skin look smooth. Just be sure that whomever is taking the picture is close enough to you that the brightness of the sunlight background doesn't turn you into a silhouette.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:
http://slodive.com/wp-content/uploads/2 … ny-day.jpg

Also, if you think you have a good body and belly you should definitely include a picture of yourself in a bikini.

Definitely DONT crawl under a rock, I think you are very pretty!

Jul 07 15 07:23 pm Link

Model

Julia A Campbell

Vivien Melette wrote:
These photos are a good start but the lighting is not flattering. I recommend taking the shots on a SUNNY day but OUT of direct sunlight. Reflective light (such as in the shade of a tree) on a sunny day is very flattering for the makeup-less face and makes the skin look smooth. Just be sure that whomever is taking the picture is close enough to you that the brightness of the sunlight background doesn't turn you into a silhouette.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:
http://slodive.com/wp-content/uploads/2 … ny-day.jpg

Also, if you think you have a good body and belly you should definitely include a picture of yourself in a bikini.

Definitely DONT crawl under a rock, I think you are very pretty!

Thank you, it's rained every day and it's kind of been a bummer! Thank you, I'm going to go ahead and use one of the images to respond to the email.
If I didn't have creepy neighbors I would!

Jul 07 15 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

Lee_Photography

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Think photo number 5 and 7 show what you look like and will work as photos to show the agency your look, but would not be good to add to your portfolio.

Jul 08 15 05:28 am Link

Photographer

Duncan Cheng

Los Angeles, California, US

My friend works at Nousmodels. They have great steps and guidelines on what to do and how to take your digitals.

http://nouszine.nousmodels.com/how-to-t … -digitals/

Also gives you guidelines on castings as well. Hope you find this helpful. It's been a great help to my model friends.

All the best,
Duncan

Jul 08 15 06:17 am Link

Photographer

ImOutOfHere

New York, New York, US

I wouldn't submit these.  They don't really make you look your best.  The background doesn't make sense.  It should be a plain wall and the lighting should be better and even though they want you to look natural I think you should do yourself up a tiny little bit and pose like you mean it even if it's just with your eyes.  You have to sell yourself as a product and these make you look like you don't care enough even if you do.  Hope that helps.

Jul 09 15 01:36 am Link

Model

Julia A Campbell

Yajhil Alvarez wrote:
I wouldn't submit these.  They don't really make you look your best.  The background doesn't make sense.  It should be a plain wall and the lighting should be better and even though they want you to look natural I think you should do yourself up a tiny little bit and pose like you mean it even if it's just with your eyes.  You have to sell yourself as a product and these make you look like you don't care enough even if you do.  Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Jul 09 15 05:33 pm Link

Photographer

Rob Photosby

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Presumably, the agency just wants to know what you really look like, in which case those photos are fine.  The agency is perfectly capably of working out what you will look like when you are all dolled up with hair, make-up, etc.

Jul 10 15 02:37 pm Link

Model

Julia A Campbell

Rob Photosby wrote:
Presumably, the agency just wants to know what you really look like, in which case those photos are fine.  The agency is perfectly capably of working out what you will look like when you are all dolled up with hair, make-up, etc.

Thank you.

Jul 11 15 12:05 am Link