Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Help a young dreamer out?

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Shot By Adam wrote:
Might I suggest you guys create a special area for the begging/gofundme announcements before these forums turn into this:

Blue Cube Imaging wrote:
I feel the same way and this has been being discussed at the mod/admin level.

It should also be noted that the OP keeps starting these begging threads and doesn't come back into 'em, therefore it's just as much trolling as it is begging.

Jul 11 15 09:21 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

MJS PHOTO wrote:
I've got lots of ideas for my future but my main 2 are photography and property development and since there are so many awesome people on here I figured I'd ask if you could check this out;

gofundme.com/z3f7xrf7

you don't have to donate anything even if you just share it online that'd be amazing

thanks for your time!

Not only what I previously said, but if you read and reread the original post you'll notice that it was nothing but a spammy advertisement because it left nothing open for discussion, and as previously mentioned the OP won't be back into the thread because, well, there is nothing to discuss (other than people stating that this kind of shit shouldn't be allowed on the forums).

Jul 11 15 10:50 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Blue Cube Imaging wrote:

I feel the same way and this has been being discussed at the mod/admin level.

To clarify....
Has been or is being or all of the above? smile

Jul 11 15 10:56 am Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Here's a point I do not recall seeing mentioned:

There is no vetting process required to start one of these threads other than having an MM account, and anyone can get an account.  Anyone personally know the OP in this thread?

It is within the realm of possibilities that any money collected could be funneled into terrorist organizations such as ISUS.

Jul 11 15 11:07 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

Jim Ball wrote:
Here's a point I do not recall seeing mentioned:

There is no vetting process required to start one of these threads other than having an MM account, and anyone can get an account.  Anyone personally know the OP in this thread?

It is within the realm of possibilities that any money collected could be funneled into terrorist organizations such as ISUS.

Worse yet, vegans could be buying the recipient juicy steaks.

Conservatives could be paying for Liberal propaganda.

The entire concept is fraught with peril.

I donate to local charities, I see where the money goes.

Jul 11 15 11:39 am Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Shadow Dancer wrote:
Worse yet, vegans could be buying the recipient juicy steaks.

Conservatives could be paying for Liberal propaganda.

The entire concept is fraught with peril.

I donate to local charities, I see where the money goes.

Although you are being a bit silly, it is in line with what I said.  Nobody has any idea what the money is really being used for, and it may actually be used for something completely different than indicated - something the contributor would strongly object to.  IMHO, MM has made a big mistake by allowing these sort of threads.

Jul 11 15 12:40 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

I should start a GoFundMe for a beach house.
Why?

Well shit, I just want one; isn't that just cause?

Jul 11 15 01:00 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Jules NYC wrote:
I should start a GoFundMe for a beach house.
Why?

Well shit, I just want one; isn't that just cause?

Yes, do it.

I want to build a city out of BBQ potato chips and hummus. I am drawing up plans, will GoFund the project on MM.

Everybody can give each other all their money, then we will all have what we started with. Nothing.

It will drive forum traffic, making bean counters at IB happy - "Look, lots more hits that have nothing whatsoever to do with modeling or photography!!!"

Jul 11 15 01:14 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Shadow Dancer wrote:

Yes, do it.

I want to build a city out of BBQ potato chips and hummus. I am drawing up plans, will GoFund the project on MM.

Everybody can give each other all their money, then we will all have what we started with. Nothing.

It will drive forum traffic, making bean counters at IB happy - "Look, lots more hits that have nothing whatsoever to do with modeling or photography!!!"

Lmao!

Did you know that a man created an island from plastic bottles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnLhWpy_nqI

Jul 11 15 01:42 pm Link

Body Painter

Monad Studios

Santa Rosa, California, US

Jules NYC wrote:

Lmao!

That man is a genuine dreamer, and I don't think he used crowdfunding.

Jul 11 15 02:03 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Jules NYC wrote:

Lmao!

His island is not edible. Mine will be delicious.

Jul 11 15 02:07 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Shadow Dancer wrote:

His island is not edible. Mine will be delicious.

What would this island be made of?

Jul 11 15 02:35 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Jules NYC wrote:

What would this island be made of?

Six posts above - BBQ potato chips and hummus. I need MM members to give me 6 million dollars, I want the island to be large, fresh and there will be erosion caused by the ocean dissolving the hummus and sea gulls eating the potato chips.

Jul 11 15 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

Dag-Nabbit, I wanted to answer at least 3 of these fun and entertaining (and uplifting) posts since the last time I was here.

Alas, they are probably now construed to be tangents to the premise of this thread.

MMuffled again with multiple warnings, so my lips are zipped.

---

OK, please tell me again where we are supposed to send our hard-earned money without questions or other kinds of probing and teasing to help fundme someone to buy some property so they can become rich like everyone else who has some kind of short-cut? I think I heard the word "mortgage" in there somewhere. Real property. Surreal property. What difference does it make?

Filthy lucre, ... there is never enough, and it's so ephemeral. Gimme more and help make my life easy.

I had an adult aged tenant who was proud to tell me that he and his so-called brothers were required to wear coats and ties to their fraternity meetings because they discuss things that are serious and real. Of course there's always a keg in the next room too, butt hay, a coat and tie is a huge start to being real businessmen, right?

Are we allowed to talk about real life approaches to the OP's dilemma, or is that also verbotten?  The truth of the matter is probably too harsh to discuss. Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, so it's probably better to lie with sanguine and politically correct platitudes. Yawn.

OP, just do it. Why do you even need to ask us to give you money? An astute visionary like you should be spreading the wealth and giving money to us. Dream like Dreamers Dream, whatever TF that means. Dreamers are the newly manufactured and coddled elite, created from nothing but words and emotions, and some downtrodden children for traction, to enable and justify the actions of others who are doing the dastardly business of exploiting us all.

You go girl. The world is your oyster.

How can I help? Please PM so I can speak more freely. 

I tried as hard as I can to stay serious and succinctly on topic. I hope this helps.

It's about life.

bunny

PS, please tell KungPaoChic that I caught a sumptuous halibut, three spotted bay bass around 14" (good for fish tacos), a huge angel shark that I carefully released, and something that looked like a baby dinosaur in fish form with full jaws of needle-like teeth, top and bottom. His head was flat and looked like a lizard or a snake. Also released, because I had no clue what it is. I'm ready to jump. My tutu is ready. My legs are like tree stumps. Paddling back out in my Outback for sunset fishing in about an hour. Be back at 11pm or so, PST.

Best wishes to the OP. Buying property used to be a damn good investment around here. In my formative years I loved all those tape sets by Ed Beckly, Dave Del Dotto, and another guy in Florida who's name I forgot. They convinced me I could buy property with nothing but my flapping mouth. It worked out nicely. I'm not so sure I can recommend property investments for the future. In another 20 or 40 years I'll be dead anyway, so I don't care.

Have fun!

Jul 11 15 04:22 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Click Hamilton wrote:

A spammer posts an ad in a message board that says 'send me money' and YOU get warned?
WoW!

(did MM get taken over by Craigslist or something?)

Jul 11 15 04:37 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

SayCheeZ!  wrote:
A spammer posts an ad in a message board that says 'send me money' and YOU get warned?
WoW!

(did MM get taken over by Craigslist or something?)

That's OK. Making the rules is the prerogative of others around here.

I accept. I'm only here as a guest.

Jul 11 15 04:41 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Click Hamilton wrote:
Dag-Nabbit, I wanted to answer at least 3 of these fun and entertaining (and uplifting) posts since the last time I was here.

Alas, they are probably now construed to be tangents to the premise of this thread.

---

OK, please tell me again where we are supposed to send our hard-earned money without questions or other kinds of probing and teasing to help fundme someone to buy some property so they can become rich like everyone else who has some kind of short-cut? I think I heard the word "mortgage" in there somewhere. Real property. Surreal property. What difference does it make?

Filthy lucre, ... there is never enough, and it's so ephemeral. Gimme more and help make my life easy.

I had an adult aged tenant who was proud to tell me that he and his so-called brothers were required to wear coats and ties to their fraternity meetings because they discuss things that are serious and real. Of course there's always a keg in the next room too, butt hay, a coat and tie is a huge start to being real businessmen, right?

Are we allowed to talk about real life approaches to the OP's dilemma, or is that also verbotten?  The truth of the matter is probably too harsh to discuss. Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, so it's probably better to lie with sanguine and politically correct platitudes. Yawn.

OP, just do it. Why do you even need to ask us to give you money? An astute visionary like you should be spreading the wealth and giving money to us. Dream like Dreamers Dream, whatever TF that means. Dreamers are the newly manufactured and coddled elite, created from nothing but words and emotions, and some downtrodden children for traction, to enable and justify the actions of others who are doing the dastardly business of exploiting us all.

You go girl. The world is your oyster.

How can I help? Please PM so I can speak more freely. 

I tried as hard as I can to stay serious and succinctly on topic. I hope this helps.

It's about life.

bunny

PS, please tell KungPaoChic that I caught a sumptuous halibut, three spotted bay bass around 14" (good for fish tacos), a huge angel shark that I carefully released, and something that looked like a baby dinosaur in fish form with full jaws of needle-like teeth, top and bottom. His head was flat and looked like a lizard or a snake. Also released, because I had no clue what it is. I'm ready to jump. My tutu is ready. My legs are like tree stumps. Paddling back out in my Outback for sunset fishing in about an hour. Be back at 11pm or so, PST.

Best wishes to the OP. Buying property used to be a damn good investment around here. In my formative years I loved all those tape sets by Ed Beckly, Dave Del Dotto, and another guy in Florida who's name I forgot. They convinced me I could buy property with nothing but my flapping mouth. It worked out nicely. I'm not so sure I can recommend property investments for the future. In another 20 or 40 years I'll be dead anyway, so I don't care.

Have fun!

Sounds like that ugly fish was a ling cod. I am not sure what restrictions are on those in California anymore, back in the day they had to be 22 inches long.

A delicious fish with large fillets of tender white meat on both sides.

They are one of the few bottom fish that can adjust internal pressure so they don't explode when brought up from the depths. They will survive catch and release easily.

If you catch another one, measure it before letting it go. I would eat that before the halibut and I LOVE halibut!!!

Jul 11 15 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

MJS PHOTO wrote:
I've got lots of ideas for my future but my main 2 are photography and property development

I feel your  pain, I don't know  whether to be  a billionaire fillanthripist, named Bruce Wayne, or a rocket surgeon.

Jul 11 15 08:44 pm Link

Photographer

SAND DIAL

Santa Monica, California, US

KungPaoChic wrote:

I'm still waiting for my pony.

Life is so unfair.

What would your Pony Cost?

Jul 11 15 09:28 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Shadow Dancer wrote:

Six posts above - BBQ potato chips and hummus. I need MM members to give me 6 million dollars, I want the island to be large, fresh and there will be erosion caused by the ocean dissolving the hummus and sea gulls eating the potato chips.

ha ha I read that but it still needs to float even in this fictitious scenario, ha

I think edible has to remain on land:P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQvxtn11Ljw

Jul 11 15 09:57 pm Link

Photographer

Blue Cube Imaging

Ashland, Oregon, US

Moderator Warning!
Please remember that forum rules still apply.

Further hijacking can lead to brigging.

Jul 11 15 09:58 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Monad Studios wrote:

That man is a genuine dreamer, and I don't think he used crowdfunding.

Yes, a genuine dreamer.

Jul 11 15 10:00 pm Link